Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
... The only snobs in the RV community is Fifth wheel owners...
Welllll .... maybe not the ONLY ....

Quote:
... "Its a fifth wheel, not a trailer"!
"No,No,No! Why the h3ll are you calling our luxury fifth wheel a trailer"!!
I think most "fifth wheel" people feel a large sense of worth that they have more expensive hitches and beefy trucks ...
I think it's the truck! It causes raised testosterone even in females! The physically tiniest man I have ever met (4'11") drove for his daily transportation (no RV!) a Ford F-350 dually with a topper (?don't know what they are called? the bed was enclosed) all in black with a special Harley paint job. When he would climb up the side to get in the truck, if he saw any raised eyebrows he would just laugh and say "I know!...)

The truck is the main reason I am getting a class A instead of a fifth wheel - there are some incredibly gorgeous units being built today. But I just didn't want to spend so much time driving a truck.

Quote:
... after all the insults and yelling we always go out of our way to compliment fifth wheel owners...
"That's one heck of a nice camper"!
"Now that's a real nice trailer"!

Try it sometime, you will get some of the dirtiest looks ...
LOL! I WILL try that someday ... when I am safely standing in the door of my MH so I can close and lock it if they go ballistic!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #212

I have a 5ver,and I could care less what people call
it.I like it, use it to go camping and have a good time.
If somebody wants to be a snob,thats there business.
Hope they enjoy there lifestyle.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #213
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
it.:
Made me laugh. I've never had any kind of "trailer" so it's news to me that some don't like to have their fiver called by that name. But, it does kind of make me blink hard a few times whenever someone calls my 40DP a "camper"

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #214

Kinda like calling a Land Cruiser a Jeep.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #215

I haven't read all the replies, but if you pass me or see me while coming the other way, I probably won't be waving. Not because I'm a snob but because all my attention is on driving. I don't know how many times while driving my car here where I live, I've had people complain later that they had honked and waved at me just to have me ignore them. I didn't ignore them, I didn't see them and I thought the honk was probably for someone else.

So, I'll just say sorry in advance, I'm really not being a snob, I'm just watching the road.

Kaye
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
it.I like it, use it to go camping and have a good time.
If somebody wants to be a snob,thats there business.
Hope they enjoy there lifestyle.
I know where your coming from.. we're the same way. I was shocked the first few times she came home and told me this stuff. The whole time she just had to take the heat and do her job not allowing herself to call them idiots and how she has a fifth wheel too
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #217

My dad had a motorhome for so many years that he still calls his 5th wheel a motorhome... does he need his own forum?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #218
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
My doctor said I could have one beer a day. Nuff said?
Hey Dunner, I need the number to your doctor!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #219

You don't want my real doctor's number. He's a jerk. I usually see a PA in his office.

I had sciatica so bad I ended up in the ER because he wouldn't give me anything stronger than Tylenol-3. He said he was afraid if he did, I would commit suicide. Let's see, guns, knives, alcohol, gasoline, car, truck, acetone, weed killer, paint thinner, rope, wire, electricity, etc. Why would I need a prescription to kill myself. I called back and told him, if I didn't get something stronger, I was going to kill myself. It worked, but only 10 Vicoden. Jerk. I now go to a orthopedic surgeon and get 90 Vics at a time.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #220

We have a mixture of MHs, 5ers, and TTs in our GoodSam Chapter and we all get along fine. We're even going to the NorthEast FMCA Rally in Essex Junction, VT in July. That will really tell the story if some MH owners are snobs or not. We'll have to see if they try and park all the towables out in the North Forty or if we'll be parked with everyone else.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #221

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #222
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
You don't want my real doctor's number. He's a jerk. I usually see a PA in his office.

I had sciatica so bad I ended up in the ER because he wouldn't give me anything stronger than Tylenol-3. He said he was afraid if he did, I would commit suicide. Let's see, guns, knives, alcohol, gasoline, car, truck, acetone, weed killer, paint thinner, rope, wire, electricity, etc. Why would I need a prescription to kill myself. I called back and told him, if I didn't get something stronger, I was going to kill myself. It worked, but only 10 Vicoden. Jerk. I now go to a orthopedic surgeon and get 90 Vics at a time.
I was lookin to get the prescription for the big beer!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #223

My travel trailer has a fifth wheel hitch and a garage ... I guess I'm a snob also. LOL

Some people need to relax and enjoy what they have worked for ... Tent, pop up, TT, fifth wheel, class c, class b class a ... It's called camping or some call it rving

Just trying saying hello to your new neighbor while camping, you'll know really quick if you'll have someone to chat with or ignore and move on to the next person ... HAVE FUN LIFE'S SHORT
Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #224

Pics or it doesn't exist.

Tags
motorhome