Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
SNOBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Ohh, and the whole dump thing, mine does not stink.
I knew I was not alone...thank you for showing me that I could have an equal somewhere in the world.

Actually, I don't know if there could be an odor in that bin...doesn't everyone have "people" to do that for you?
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Damn, your above me, you can get people to do that? HONEY...GET THE CHECK BOOK!
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
I knew I was not alone...thank you for showing me that I could have an equal somewhere in the world.

Actually, I don't know if there could be an odor in that bin...doesn't everyone have "people" to do that for you?
If I tow my former wheelchair, doesn't the gov't require the CG to do that for me???

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Honey, forget the check book, we need a wheel chair quick!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rich or poor, new or old we are very equal at the dump. After 20 plus years in a motor home I have never felt a pecking order, although at times I have felt a little envious when a Newel or Marathon parked near me.
Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #34

I have detected "reverse discrimination" at times. I get a kick thinking that some folks must think I have a lot of money because of my rig.

The truth is that my payments are just higher than theirs. It's nice of the bank to let me use their motor home.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Been Rv'ing since 1957 have never noticed a "class" distinction. You can have as much fun in a tent as in a 45' Newell.

RVIA did change the name from Class A, Class B and Class C to Type A, Type B and Type C to avoid just that distinction. Here's the link to their page showing this.

It's never bothered us as to what rig someone has or if they're in a tent. I guess it's in your perception. It's about the experience, not how you get there or what you stay in.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #36

National RV Owners Club
I am being quite sincere on the subject so don't take this as being dismissive but basically the question is, where in the world and in what circles don't you not find the odd snob? There are some in the RV world that are like that and some of them have fancy Class A's. I have a class A, and I am always friendly. I have found that those who have really nice rigs can be a bit wary. I usually chalk that up to the idea that that for some the attention that their rigs get can some sometimes is perceived as a personal risk. They don't know me and potential "ne'er do wells" can come in any size, shape, colour and gender. Once they have some sense that I am not up to anything, in most cases, the walls come down pretty quickly.
At the end of the day, the world is full of prejudices, bad manners and just plain antisocial behaviour but for everyone of those is 10 of the good kinds. Owning something can't make you snob unless you let it. If others are inclined to think you are just because you have a Class A, that is really their issue, not yours. You are who you choose to be and worrying about what others might think or how they act shouldn't stop you from being the person you want to be and doing the things that you want to do (nothing is unlimited of course). So in the kindest possible terms I would really ask "Who cares" if there are some snobby people in the world? You can't avoid them and they come in all shapes, sizes, and RV colours. Show them that you won't be put off and who knows, maybe you well help them come to a different understanding about world.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'd rather experience the Newell than the tent, however I don't want to make anyone jealous of my ridiculously high payments, so send your donations to......
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Honey, forget the check book, we need a wheel chair quick!
LOL! I have a well-used one (now UN-used, thank you Lord!) you can have FREE! Seriously, gotta apologize for my earlier heat. Glad we could both step back and take a breath.

That being said, I HAVE to say, your avatar really is awesome! Don't know where you found it, but DAM, I'm jealous ...

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
So everyone who owns a Class A find someone who has a Class C or smaller and switch with them!

Ap called Zedge, I believe it was a wall paper for your phone.

Probably should have pm that.

This Avatar is appropriate some times....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120522_234816.png
Views:	157
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	21419

I am going to open up and let you have a small glimpse pf my life. This is my Motor Home. Yes, it is a Class A. If you are of lesser class, make your comments now. I am willing to switch with any Class C no matter how painful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120523_000510.png
Views:	98
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	21420  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #40

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've had 16', 22', and 26' TT's, Type B, Type C and several Type A's. Never felt like we were better than anyone else just because of what we owned or didn't own.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #41

I camp in a circle with my friends at the dunes west of Yuma. Sometimes small(5-8 rigs), sometimes big(20-30+ rigs) Some sleep in the back of pick-ups or in tents, others in their 45' DP. Everybody is equal out in the dunes and at the campfire.

This is the start of a big circle on a holiday weekend.

My current toys.

And how Segway Sadie and I visit the rigs on the other side of camp. I got tired of having
to unload my rail from that 33' toy hauler on the right, just to have a place to sit down.
Now, I just turn off the key and unload when I want.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #42

Maybe this is why things have changed, but we have not caught up yet.

Class A is now Type A

Class B is now Type B

Class C is now Type C

I have never seen or experienced any snobs in my travels

RVing since 1989, now have a Newmar Mountanaire, 41' diesel pusher, with complete solar system, 3 120 watt panels, 8 interstate U2500HC for coach, 2 interstate 12volt for engine.

It takes all kinds of people , some of the nicest people we've met were " Bikers " towing a small trailer. Listening to their experiences was fascinating.

Thanks--- A. J.

Tags
motorhome