Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #57

Send a message via Skype™ to brandypup
I think people need to stop thinking sometimes. :-) Everyone is difffernt on how the preceive things and how they do things. that is what makes people special. We do not all have to click but we should all be respecful, friendly and helpful. people are who they are and we are who we are it's just a fact of life.

dunner---<3 love it

Milasman .. SWEET!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #58

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I've had pop-ups to Class A, family cars to sports cars to luxury cars and people for the most part will treat you how you treat them. The rest aren't worth worrying about. Buy what meets your needs, besides there are different levels of class A; then what? ;-). We camped many years ago in a pop-up being towed by a new BMW. What "class" did that put us in?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #59

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
I have a 5er because it was what I could afford. We love it but I would sooner have a coach while going down the road but I think that will never happen--I like financial freedom of not having payments to make every month. Just last night there was a $300,000+ Newmar that pulled in aside of us. They were proud of their coach but had no problem setting up next to a 5er and they spent most of the night by our campfire with us. I have never run into a class issue with coaches. I just figure that the people with the coaches either did a lot better then me as far as income goes or they owe someone a lot of money. The proud owners are no different then the folk with a popup and we are all out there for the same reason and around the campfire all people are equal!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess the picture of my Motor home did not post? No one is willing to switch?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #61

Not being particularly 'class conscious', I don't worry about those that are. We bought our units for our enjoyment and travel.
One of the best things about having an RV is that if you don't like your neighbors, you can move your house.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
I tried to pull into that luxury Las Vegas Motorcoach resort and they turned me away;.(

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120523_073214.png
Views:	134
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	21440
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #63

Snob no definitely not! Superior well maybe just a little
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #64
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This discussion is one of those that seems to get recycled on a regular basis.

We've been RV owners for over 30 years, tent campers for years before that. Everything from a well used and abused 15' travel trailer to our current DP, and everything in between. The only "snobish" attitudes we've ever experienced, and they have been rare, were typically from those enjoying the lifestyle in something that represented less of an investment. I would certainly hope there has never been anything in our interaction with others that would ever have suggested we didn't view other campers/RVrs with genuine good will, fellowship and appreciation. Conversely, we've never had anyone with equipment more expensive than ours treat us poorly. I've found most are proud and happy to show off their traveling home, regardless of the status of their portfolio.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #65

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Before we had our class 'A' coach, we were in Old Homosassa, FL at the Turtle Creek RV park with our beat up old dually, and horse trailer. We had trailered a pair of miniature donkeys down there and picked up a Macaw to bring home.

Someone had parked in the spot we were assigned, and the office was already closed, so the attendant told us to just pick a spot and the office would work it out the next day. We were only going to be there for two nights.

The DW picked a big beautiful pull through spot right at the park entrance, and we parked on it. Later that evening, a beautiful, huge 40' coach pulled in next to us. I went out to introduce myself to the new neighbors, and found out that we had parked on their spot. Apparently the spot they ALWAYS park on.

Nevertheless, they were fine folks, friendly and all. No hint of snobishness at all. We met many seasonal campers there and all of them were great. I don't know what they said about us when we weren't there, but they were all very nice and friendly when we were there.

Point is, we gave them all every opportunity to be snobish, and they chose the friendly option.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Over the course of 40+ years camping (now called RV'ing) and the number of Motorhome owners whom I felt looked down at me can be counted on 1 hand. All in all, in my experience, everyone in the CG's are very friendly.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #67
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We've owned everything from a tent, a very used 15' TT, and 7 more RVs, up to our present rig. It's been very rare to meet a "snob" in a campground or RV park and on those few occasions it was always someone that seemed to resent us enjoying the friuts of our labors (ie: something bigger of more expensive than what they brought), never from someone who's portfolio was obviously something making ours look like lunch money. Can't say why, it's just an observation.

Personally, we enjoy the diversity of experiences and backgounds of those we meet while on the road. Life experience has also taught me the tent in the site next to me may contain a self made billionaire and the Prevost a couple sites down may belong to "Uncle Charlie" and not the current resident.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Am I a Class A Snob,,,,Nah,,, just proud of what I have and how it's kept.
I will talk to just about anyone.
On the way to Cape Cod this past fall I stopped in a Rest Area in Conn. and I parked my coach in an RV space while the DW went in to use the restroom and bring out some beverages. In the mean time some New Yorkers pulled in and the wife gets out and starts asking questions about the coach, It was a husband, wife, two kids and a visitor from Italy.
They of course spoke broken english but understandable, the wife spoke real well. After conversing with her, the husband has now decided he wants a motorhome and wanted the low down. Well anyway it set me back from my trip about 45 minutes..... Now on the way home we stop again at a Conn. Rest Stop, pulled away from the crowd but noticed a group of Chinese men hanging around and taking pitures of a semi rig, typical tourist stuff. Anyway I said to the DW I hope they don't spot this! Well sure enough one of them did and the whole group shuffled down to visit me! (I was trying to keep a low profile!) Of course taking pictures all the way down to visit me and only one of them could speak good english and he and I struck up the conversation as to what this was and what it was all about. As with the above group eventually they ask if they could come in to see the inside which both groups were very gracious and careful upon entering. The Chinese guys were very impressed because they never saw anything like this,,, I told the leader of the group that you may be seeing more of these in your country because from what I understand you folks are suppose to soon start producing them... Any way they thanked us and bid us farewell........After they left us I started looking around the coach, the wife ask what I was looking for. I said do you by chance a a U.N. Welcome flag anywhere?..... Well needless to say I was set back another 45 minutes to an hour for my trip home. Hopefully we gave both groups a good insight on the RV life.....
So am I a Class A snob.....Nah don't think so.......

Regards
UN RV Ambassador
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
DW and I went full time 4 years ago. We have discussed many time whether we would want a MH or a new 5er. I like the convenience of the MH when doing a lot of travel. However we don't move every week or so; we stay for a while. We were talking price on a DP with a dealer and when the thought of trading in my truck actually hit me, we said no. We both love the truck (guess we really are rednecks) and couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of it. But we also prefer the layout of a 5er more then the MH's. Personal preference; and that is why we all do what we do.

Anyway back to the OP. After 40+ years RV'ing, I have only encountered a few MH owners whom I felt as if they looked down at me. Most of those were residents of a MH Community section of a campground. There is one person who had a 5th wheel that we were friends with. Then they got a MH and don't talk to us anymore. But if that is how they want to live their life that is up to them. Life is good down here in the "trailerhood".

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

I will say that I did observe a bit of snobbery in one place we stayed.

We spent four months at Outdoor Resorts Motorcoach Resort in Indio, Ca. This is one of those places with deeded lots so the sites are individually owned and developed in to some of the most remarkable facilities you can imagine... complete with all the toys. At the peak of the real estate craziness, one lot had even sold for $1M.

Our new Itasca 40DP looked like a Kia at a Rolls Royce convention sitting in there for four months. Although most of the neighbors were friendly, I did get a few comments like "oh, we started with a Winnebago too..." and, "oh, you're just renting your site?" I think the most blatant was by a 30 something lady. While walking our dogs one morning, I took the camera and was taking a few pictures (from the road) of the nice sites and rigs which were our neighbors. This lady came flying out of her Marathon demanding to know why I was photographing her coach.

We've gotten our share of the other side of the coin too with people making comments like "it must be nice to have that kind of money", etc.

Takes all kinds to make this world go around.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome