Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes it does happen. There are and always will be the bozo's out there. Don't worry about it.

For me I prefer a 5th wheel and would like to go back to one. The only reason I have a MH is because of convience for DW. Thats why I am keeping my truck. Maybe......oh well. I have to quit drooling when a new Montana pulls up along side. People will think I am having a stroke.

TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
So everyone who owns a Class A find someone who has a Class C or smaller and switch with them!
Not a chance!! Worked too hard to find the old gal and will have walking cane fisticuffs with any other ol coot trying to take her!!

Quote:
I am going to open up and let you have a small glimpse pf my life. This is my Motor Home. Yes, it is a Class A. If you are of lesser class, make your comments now. I am willing to switch with any Class C no matter how painful.
THAT is a lovely coach! Looks like she just rolled off the assembly line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I camp in a circle with my friends at the dunes west of Yuma. Sometimes small(5-8 rigs), sometimes big(20-30+ rigs) Some sleep in the back of pick-ups or in tents, others in their 45' DP. Everybody is equal out in the dunes and at the campfire.

This is the start of a big circle on a holiday weekend.
I used to live in Yuma and one year I was going to visit my Mom in So. Cal for Thanksgiving. It was afterwork the day before and as I was approaching the dunes, all I could see, in the east bound lanes, was a solid wall of lights going all the way to the mountains. It was amazing. The Dunes became a small city in just a few hours!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWhoTris View Post
I don't have a class A yet. Is it ok if I post here?

We have a TT that we are trying to sell and buy our first class A. Our experience has been that people with class As tend to stay inside their MH where as people with TTs and 5ers tend to spend time outside. When we walk around a park we say hello to everyone who is out and often end up sitting with them for a while. This has not happened with anyone with a class A because they aren't outside. Snobs? Probably not. As someone said earlier they are looking for something different in the campground. We are in our mid 40s and have 5 kids so getting away from the house or the rig is a treat. Plus we enjoy the people we've met. When I do have a class A I hope we still do that. If not I just as well stay at home.

If you see us outside stop and sit for a while.
I think you are on to something. I never thought about it until Rick's post. Just assumed that they were away in their toad. But if you are a full timer, your perspective is very different than those who are getting away for the weekend or a vacation. I still sit outside, of my Class A, and say hi and wave but it is a treat for me to be there, not "home". So how often, when I am in my front yard of my stix-n-brix do I wave at strangers walking down the street...... Maybe a couple of times?

Sheila

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
started from a different thread...

I so hope you are wrong about the "class issue".

I am preparing to purchase my first MH, and am super excited about it. After hundreds of hours of looking at floorplans and MH and reading forums, I have decided, since I am a single female planning on full-timing, that a larger class A would best meet my needs because of the easier set-up and more living space. Plus I do NOT want to drive a truck as my regular transport, I would rather drive the MH and tow a smaller vehicle for the around town stuff.

But that decision has been tough, since that "class issue" mentality was very prevalent when I grew up 40++ years ago. Maybe not from the class A people, but from us more economically challenged families, we classified them as "snobs" while not knowing anything about them except they had the "expensive" MHs.

I am looking forward to that CG comaraderie, and am hoping the trailer folks don't perceive that "class divide" from the MH, or vice versa. I think part of it might be just the MH is so self-contained they don't get outside as much, which is why I have made the design of an "outdoor kitchen" a major part of my planned equipment. I'll be renting several times before actually purchasing, so I will get a little test of the camping atmosphere, although good or bad it won't change my decision to full-time and travel the next few years.

What do you say folks? What has your campground experience been? Any Hints or tips?
I've been to a lot of campgrounds, not the fancy ones off of golf courses where it cost as much per day as a hotel but plenty of others. I have never met a snob yet. People sitting in front of big money rigs are just as friendly as people driving less expensive rigs like my own.

Be friendly, smile and people respond in kind, I think some people who complain of snobbery might be getting back what they are putting out there themselves.

Good luck and have fun!
EndeavorV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Like RickO said in an earlier post it's all about perception. We fulltime and our coach is our home. That means that we still have housekeeping chores and other responsibilities that may not allow us to get outdoors as much as some might expect or as much as we might like.

Some who fulltime are actually still working at occupations that allow them to telecommute or otherwise work out of their RV in an effort to support their chosen lifestyle.

We spent the winter in the Texas Hill Country. One morning I stepped outside with my morning coffee and was greeted by some guy walking by with, "Hey, how are the rich folks doing today?". Rich? Hardly. Just look at my sig. You don't get rich driving a truck. I had not seen him before and it turned out he was just there for the weekend. Like someone suggested earlier, possibly a case of reverse snobbery. More likely he really didn't realize what his remark sounded like.

When we are outdoors we are open to talking to anyone walking by and will usually start up a conversation with anyone who appears to open to talking. This attitude has allowed us to meet some very interesting people in the short time we've been out here and that is what makes this lifestyle fun.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
The truth is that my payments are just higher than theirs. It's nice of the bank to let me use their motor home.
Exactly!! Anyway we can get them to buy a nicer one that I can use?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #76

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't like it when u TT & 5th wheel owners pull up, drop your rig and drive off to sightseeing. If MH owners have to drive their camper to see the sights, you should have to too. (: JKin wit ya.
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #77

Quote:
I am going to open up and let you have a small glimpse pf my life. This is my Motor Home. Yes, it is a Class A. If you are of lesser class, make your comments now. I am willing to switch with any Class C no matter how painful.
Can I hand you the repair bill for mine as we switch keys? You'd be staying in a Class.... errrrrr Type A but the dealer would require a check before he hands it over for the repairs he just or is actually in the process of doing. If he actually gets it done properly... wait I'm on a tangent, what was I talking about again?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #78
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I really don't give it any thought. If it is a nice new Prevost, or a pop-up camper, even a tent, I have one saying,

"It doesn't matter what you camp in, you are having just as much fun."

I'm "outspoken" so most of the time it is me that initiates a conversation. If it is brief, so be it. Most of the time it is a nice discussion about something, anything.

It's not like I'm inviting them in for drinks, or expecting them to invite me in for drinks. That may come a few days later if we stick around.

Just yesterday we were getting ready to leave Santa Fe and the gentleman next to us came out and was walking towards the office. It was the first time I saw him as both of us were touring during the day/evenings. I said hello and we started a conversation and it evolved into services. When he found out I was a Marine he stated he had a nephew, a Major, a lawyer, and stationed at Camp Pendelton. Well, guess what - my son is a Colonel, a lawyer, SJA, and stationed at Camp Pendelton, deployed at the present time. So it is a small world. You never know.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #79

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a Class A, only willing to switch with different class of RV.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #80

How many times are you going to post this???? and why????
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #81

Freightliner Owners Club
Out of all the years of RVing we had one experience that was just an off the wall comment made. We were staying a couple of weeks at a nice state park and as we scoped out all the sites that were going empty on a Sunday we noticed that the park attendant remarking the sites for the next new comers. It appeared we were going to be by ourselves for a few days when all the sudden a large group of RV's came in and filled up about 8 sites all around us. This got me wondering what was going on. It turned out a group of out of state RV club called each other and decided on a whim to crash the park without making any reservations. One of the individuals had seen me in a chair out front of the RV and said to me."I thought all you young people would of gone home"

Thinking back I do not think she meant it the way it came out but for a second my wife and I had to wonder what she meant.

Love to RV so get out and enjoy this great country. JR
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #82

Quote:
I have a Class A, only willing to switch with different class of RV.
Damn, guess I'm paying that bill then.. ah well.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #83
Moderator Emeritus

Hi all. Just a not to let you know that I've merged the two threads which are running on this topic since we don't allow duplicate posts.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #84

Fleetwood Owners Club
@MMRB. I think I will posts as many times as you post question marks after a question.

Tags
motorhome