Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
We've only been one place where I thought the people were snobs. Then, I said, "Honey, we're NOT visiting your parents ANY MORE!"
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
I tried to pull into that luxury Las Vegas Motorcoach resort and they turned me away;.(

Attachment 21440
That's because your MH looks like a TANK in disguise - they probably thought you were dongerous!!! LOL!

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #101

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok everyone, someone has to say this......SIZE DOES MATTER
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #102

I don't think it matters what you RV in as much as where you RV. I found that when I stay in 55+ parks there is always someone who doesn't like something about you , your RV, your dog, etc. Most people love to talk about their RV's no matter what they are camping in and I enjoy the discussion. Some people are just not friendly and it doesn't matter what you or they are driving. Its just them. You can always move on. Please do not put yourself or anyone else into a class. Its a waste of time.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #103
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had slide ins, travel trailers, class C and class A's. Only thing I have not had was a 5er.

Everyone we meet are the nicest people. We only ran into one snob and it was a DP. His wife was very nice but he wanted a better class rig next to him. My setup was not to his liking.

But that was one out of hundreds we have met and many keep in touch.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #104

Carolina Campers
to Snob or not to Snob

e have a 35 year old Class C that needs a paint job... My only issue is with the RV parks that have a 5 or 10 year old rule... parks like that must be ran by non Rving morons... all the folks we've met in this last year have been great... some more friendly than others, different agendas, but I'm outside 99% of the time on my computer or just being the nosy neighbor... and try to help out when and where I can... They are the losers, more's the pity....
glenndolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Personally, I've never noticed a "class" difference around the campground.

People are people. We just choose a different way to get to the same place to do the same thing!
Perhaps not, if you frequent parks like pictured up at the top of these pages - but lots more likely in places like these:

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/magone5er.jpg/][/URL

I can just imagine OUR welcome with either of our pictured rigs, in a place like up at the top of this page...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #106

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl
Pat, are you one of those dreaded "thread killers???? I have heard about those but thought they were just an urban legend!! Can't believe that I am actually 'meeting' one- in the flesh-- so to speak (LOL!!)

Okay, I'm dying here; what thread did you kill?

Sheila
Do tell!!!! The thread killer thread is still alive. Was it the SS, the Walmart, the dryer plug? I know it's not the trading recipes as I need that one to keep eating more than box max &cheese.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #107
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We had one owner who let us know in no uncertain terms that we were renters and she didn't like it one bit. And heaven forbid if your rig was over 10 years old. I almost fell over laughing when a Class C pulled in and parked for a few nights. Not sure why some people think they are better than others, but that is the way it is. So just go out and enjoy yourself and don't worry about what others think.
Some of these high end "motorcoach resorts" really are a lot different from the CGs most of us frequent. However, I certainly defend their right to have such places. The "ten year" rule riles a lot of people but IMO it's all part of free enterprise.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

I'm not a fan of multiple- posting, but for the first time ever I'm disappointed that a set has been merged!

I think the most interesting thing about this discussion has been the widely disparate levels of participation in the (originally five!) places the O.P. posted it...
I've been following all five with great interest.

The numbers of views vs. responses in each forum is in itself most illuminating!

But perhaps the most interesting fact that emerges in response to the O.P.'s question is that of over 1500 views (total), the approximately 100 responses are nearly ALL from Class A owners!

The cohort to whom the question is directed, those who tow their RVs, has been mostly silent.

What is to be made of their silence I leave to the O.P. to decide....
THANK YOU! I think you are the first person who understood what I was doing! I certainly never intended to create the ruckus that has ensued.

I WAS referring mostly to the "reverse discrimination" crowd. The "snobbishness" from my childhood was NOT Motorhomes to others, but trailers, like us, who THOUGHT the MHs were snobs, and since I had hesitantly decided a class A would be best for me, I was concerned that others might consider ME a snob because of what I was driving and not be as friendly as I hoped I would find in the CGs.

THAT is why I posted in the different sections - I wanted to hear what THEIR reactions were. I was not aware that the multiple posts were not allowed - sorry.

Quote:
But perhaps the most interesting fact that emerges in response to the O.P.'s question is that of over 1500 views (total), the approximately 100 responses are nearly ALL from Class A owners!

The cohort to whom the question is directed, those who tow their RVs, has been mostly silent.
And I, too, had noticed this. If you read back thru the responses, most of the class A MHs were assuring that THEY were not snobbish, nor were other MHs, but the only snobbishness they had ever really noticed WAS the reverse, from people who thought they were "rich" . . . which was my ORIGINAL point ...!

At any rate, I appreciate the many and varied responses from each of you, and the reassurance that it is (usually) the person and the smile that makes the difference, not the rig.

I look forward to the purchase of my first rig - hopefully in about 6 months - and many miles of happy camping.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #109
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
Perhaps not, if you frequent parks like pictured up at the top of these pages - but lots more likely in places like these:

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/magone5er.jpg/][/URL

I can just imagine OUR welcome with either of our pictured rigs, in a place like up at the top of this page...
Now that's my kind a campin'

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
Now that's my kind a campin'
YUP - obviously, OURS too!

Here's the view in another direction:

AND, no asphalt, or neon lights to be seen - or endured!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
YUP - obviously, OURS too!

Here's the view in another direction:

AND, no asphalt, or neon lights to be seen - or endured!

Wow! Gorgeous! I wanna go there!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #112

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
I have a Class A, only willing to switch with different class of RV.

So... does it work right now? We just put a rebuilt engine into our type C, and it now dies while idling and we have to wait a bit to start it again... still in the shop trying to figure out/track down why it is doing that... but I think mine is older than yours....and smaller.....and has no TV ....still wanna switch?

Tags
motorhome