Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #239

Yes I look down on everyone ,including myself EVERYDAY !!
Savagendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagendn
Yes I look down on everyone ,including myself EVERYDAY !!
Sorry, have to ask; Does that mean you also look up to yourself?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #241

Class A owners are like any other humans. Most are quite nice and a small minority, lets say, need a lesson in humility. Signed: a Super C owner
fmprdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke

Sorry, have to ask; Does that mean you also look up to yourself?
Yes lol . But honestly I have noticed a few ppl who are kinda standoffish and not very friendly. Maybe that's just there personality and they just keep to themselves or perhaps they honestly think that there better then everyone and believe the rv makes the person. For the most part though the folks I've met and talked to traveling around who own an rv ,very friendly . I wave at every rv I see even parked ones (lol) 99 percent of the time I get waved at back .(or maybe I'm getting a rude gesture toward me idk we are driving by pretty fast hard to tell the difference )
Savagendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #243

Vintage RV Owners Club
just crawled out from under my RV..hard to be a snob with rust in your ears ,,and spider web's in your hair !!Lol...
kenjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #244

Just having upgraded (and I mean upgraded because we went from a 1978 to a 1997) from a class C that didn't work for us to a class A, I think this is the silliest question. Greatful, yes... snobby, no!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #245

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagendn View Post
Yes lol . But honestly I have noticed a few ppl who are kinda standoffish and not very friendly. Maybe that's just there personality and they just keep to themselves or perhaps they honestly think that there better then everyone and believe the rv makes the person. For the most part though the folks I've met and talked to traveling around who own an rv ,very friendly . I wave at every rv I see even parked ones (lol) 99 percent of the time I get waved at back .(or maybe I'm getting a rude gesture toward me idk we are driving by pretty fast hard to tell the difference )
I find myself doing that too. More so as an extension of me being a motorcycle rider. We always mostly wave to each other so with my new found RVing exuberance it was a natural transition to wave to the RVer heading down the highway in his rig. In a way, I was living through him. Often times they wave back because I believe that we are on the same wavelength. Just out there doing our thing. What a wonderful feeling!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
A very interesting question... and I think it has a lot of different answers... depending upon your perspective.

We just quit full timing after over three years through 34 states and 40,000 miles... in a new 40 DP. I don't think I ever once felt the word "snob" was appropriate for anything we experienced... although we were the ones driving the "snobmobile" and I don't doubt that there were some who pointed to us and felt WE were snobs without ever meeting us or speaking to us.

We spend a great deal of time inside our rig because we aren't "camping" like so many around us are... we're just "traveling" and doing it in a motorhome we had outfitted to be a nice home on wheels for us and our three dogs. We sit outside our coach about as much as we sit on our patio now that we have a stick house again.

I'm an outgoing, friendly person and say hello and wave to everybody, but I'm not big on sitting around a campfire more than a couple of times a year and I'm not going to stop you on your way to the dog park and talk your leg off.

So, I suspect I've unwittingly contributed to whatever Class A Snob paradigm might exist... but I think it's a bum rap!

Congrats on your upcoming changes and many happy miles and adventures ahead. BTW, good choice picking the Class A w/toad.

Rick
Even though we don't travel in a Class A I think you summed it very well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #247

Tiffin Owners Club
Some R' Some Aren't

I have run across some snobs in the RV world some are Class A owners some are not. One club I belong to had a small group that wanted to limit the membership to people who owned RV no older than 5yrs old. That didn't fly very far !
And yes I have seen some rate people by their rig; age, cost, size etc. Every prejudice known to man is out there on the road too. Just because you own an RV doesn't make you a nice person. It might put you in a better mood, then again when you come across "THEM" your true self will come out, eventually.

To say it is all rainbows and butterflies in the RV world is unrealistic we have our share of grumps, grouches and snobs. Fortunately we can ignore them or leave them behind most of the time. Now and then one gets your goat and you just have to go into defensive mode, what ever that is for you. A high percentage of the time we get to enjoy the rainbows and butterflies One of the reasons I like to boon-dock the more space the better the neighborhood. JMHO
Old 07-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #248
laj

I have been some what following this thread and was just curious what peoples definition of what a snob is. I haven't seen any criteria for that and was thinking how many different definitions there are out there
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #249

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
I have been some what following this thread and was just curious what peoples definition of what a snob is. I haven't seen any criteria for that and was thinking how many different definitions there are out there
I don't believe there is an "Official" definition other than Webster's and like others have posted it may not be the other person that is the snob at the time. It's all a state of mind based on how "you" or me in this case feel at the time.

Think about some of the folks in your life that your first impression was " idiot, plain and simple idiot" only to find out later (if you gave them a chance) how it was your perception at the time that formed your opinion. After all perception is my reality until that reality changes.

I used to think my SIL and her DH were the biggest snobs ever, based on their actions. Now 25+ years later they are still snobs at times in certain circumstances but it's due to an insecurity they have. Luckily for me, I realized this early and it's not an issue. All people have something they can teach the other it's a matter of whether we take the time to learn or want to.

Man what a snob!!!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #250

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Somebody must think we are snobs since we no longer have "Class A's" we have "Type A's." Must be PC, and don't want to give the impression we are a higher "class" than anybody else.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #251
laj

Not sure why name change,just to try to be politically correct or what but they are still class A's to most people. Works for me
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #252

I've had all classes/types of motorhomes over the past 50 years and the best thing about them is if you don't like your neighbors, you can move your house.

Being PC sucks - look where it's gotten us.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome