Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #43
IC2

It appears that the OP didn't like the answers - hasn't been back since the day after this thread was originally posted
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #44

I didn't run into zoning issues, but rather ran into homeowner issues. I rent my house. I dont want to own a house right now for many reasons so I rent. When I found the place I am living at I had an old 80s 24 foot travel trailer. I had talked to the homeowners and asked about me keeping the camper in the driveway. I live out in the middle of nowhere in Ohio. I have one neighbor on my driveway side who also rents that place from the same ppl I rent from. They have 20 some cows and are super nice ppl but lets face it. Cows aren't the cleanest of animals. anywho the homeowners had no problems with it. Even said they were okay if i wanted to park the camper in the yard. I said no thats not necessary. The driveway is big enough for me to park 10 cars and trucks in it easily.

I had 91' chevy rust bucket plow truck, and my 84' camper plus my daily driver parked in my driveway. I asked the neighbors if they were okay with it as I had options. They were like please... we have tractors and equipment and semi truck and trailers parked out here. it looks fine. I tried to keep it up and looking nice as I could. Then I happened to have a good deal fall in my lap for my Class A 34 foot motorhome and I jumped on it not thinking it would be an issue. After all its newer, better looking than the old camper and its replacing the rust bucket plow truck and camper so its not taking up anymore room. I ended up in the hospital just days before my first big trip in the rv and was sick for weeks leading up to it. I wasn't keeping up with the weeds around it (even tho the neighbors mow both yards) and the home owners wrote a nasty letter to me saying it was an eyesore and that they thought it was wrong that I didn't ask them first.

I never in a million years thought it would be an issue as it definitely looks better than it did. I called them immediately and apologized and said that I can move it off the property if its a big deal. she said we will monitor it and see how it goes. So i make sure the grass is trimmed around it and the weeds in the stones are sprayed. mine has a happy ending. BUT truthfully if they told me I wasn't allowed to have it stored here I had alternatives that wouldn't be as nice and it probably would have sent me back looking for a new place to live that would be cool with it, but like I said I rent.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #45

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
It appears that the OP didn't like the answers - hasn't been back since the day after this thread was originally posted
I'm amazed at how easily some folks will give up their property rights so easily.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Just found this thread and have read every post. Me thinks that no one took the time to define FULLTIMING. This entire thread has absolutely nothing to do with FULLTIMING at all...at least not how the vast majority of serious rvers would define it. This whole conversation has been about people who live in some form of a rv for a myriad of reasons sans a sticks and bricks dwelling.

Experience has shown us that most people who live in an rv that doesn't turn a wheel will for the most part have a place that looks like a chit whole!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope_H View Post
When you say "lots" are you referring to mobile home or Rv parks? Or to actual parcels of land for sale? Can you give more details?

I am referring to actual private property lots that you can either place your rv on, put a mobile home on, or build a stix an bricks on. You own it.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time