Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #14407
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I thought you were going to Maine in August...

You must be trying to get all the Killers as far away from Maine as possible....
We're talking Oregon/ California in Aug. 2017 for the Thread Killer Symposium!

Thread Killers need a lot of planning time to get across state lines and such!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #14408
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar


 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We're talking Oregon/ California in Aug. 2017 for the Thread Killer Symposium!



Thread Killers need a lot of planning time to get across state lines and such!

Well, if that is the reasoning, maybe we can prepare for 2127....
__________________

__________________
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #14409
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
....this thread is alive and well (somewhat well) NOT KILLED!!
Well....deep subject for shallow minded.....need I say the rest??
__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #14410
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 411
O.K. here it is Redding Ca. For our symposium.
Durango R.V. park.
Now we need to nail down a date.

We know what a Bear and a Possum looks like , so I suggest the rest of the men wear a pink carnation on thier shirt and the woman wear a Lilly on thier blouse. That wsy we will know we are thread killers.

Good fishing. Nice pool. Clean facilities, full hook ups .

Let's do it.

2017. Symposium ...
August / September, ? ? ? ? Tell me when and I will be there .

A white sport coat and a pink carnation
__________________
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #14411
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
O.K. here it is Redding Ca. For our symposium.
Durango R.V. park.
Now we need to nail down a date.

We know what a Bear and a Possum looks like , so I suggest the rest of the men wear a pink carnation on thier shirt and the woman wear a Lilly on thier blouse. That wsy we will know we are thread killers.

Good fishing. Nice pool. Clean facilities, full hook ups .

Let's do it.

2017. Symposium ...
August / September, ? ? ? ? Tell me when and I will be there .

A white sport coat and a pink carnation
This may be the best date. Lynne (The Girl) will be at a GoodMorning Meet and Greet in Kansas at that time so the thread killing can go un-opposed. Since she will not be there the thread killing will be a sure thing but may not be very satisfying.

Note: I will go to the Meet and Greet to keep her distracted and unavailable for travel to the Symposium. I understand if you ask she will make chocolate chip cookies and rhubarb pie. Bonus!
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:32 AM   #14412
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
This may be the best date. Lynne (The Girl) will be at a GoodMorning Meet and Greet in Kansas at that time so the thread killing can go un-opposed. Since she will not be there the thread killing will be a sure thing but may not be very satisfying.

Note: I will go to the Meet and Greet to keep her distracted and unavailable for travel to the Symposium. I understand if you ask she will make chocolate chip cookies and rhubarb pie. Bonus!
Sure a silly way to try to entice people to go to a thread killer symposium!
Offer a guy who's allergic Rhubarb laced cookies. Sheesh; its the thread we are trying to kill, not ME!
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #14413
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8,235
Should be OK - no peanuts.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #14414
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Should be OK - no peanuts.
Hey, who's side are you on?
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #14415
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8,235
Chocolate chip cookies and rhubarb pie have my heart. Don't forget - while I am distracting Lynne in Kansas you will have free reign to "kill at will". Meanwhile I am taking one or two (cookies) and a slice for the team. I have heard that Lynne makes superior baked good so my task is not onerous.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #14416
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
The OP poses an interesting question that does have ramifications.

Is it possible to debate a question effectively and arrive at some semblance of truth about a subject Without subjecting another's opinion to some level of scrutiny?

If someone is continually passing on spurious or inaccurate information, is it not in everyone's BEST interests to counter that directly?

If Forums like these and RV.NET are to be truly useful at any level the information presented needs to have credibility. Often getting to a level of credibility involves deconstructing someone elses argument with logic and in a direct manner.

Most forums, like this one does, prohibits any open discussion of moderation policies or actions. This means that in many cases good information can get thrown out with the bad with no recourse.

At the very least (and I am sure I am on thin ice here) Forums like this one should consider a more open approach to moderation and those policies. Instead of viewing Moderation as a top-down thing it might be better to see it more collaboratively.

All of us are Human and often it can be said some are better at handling criticism, dealing with disagreement and understanding language than others. It can also be said that some cannot divorce themselves from personal dislikes or preconceived notions about another member.

Perhaps this is part of the problem.

Don't give up hang in there and keep posting.
__________________
4X4Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #14417
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: michigan-tip of the mitt
Posts: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4Dodger View Post
The OP poses an interesting question that does have ramifications.

Is it possible to debate a question effectively and arrive at some semblance of truth about a subject Without subjecting another's opinion to some level of scrutiny?

If someone is continually passing on spurious or inaccurate information, is it not in everyone's BEST interests to counter that directly?

If Forums like these and RV.NET are to be truly useful at any level the information presented needs to have credibility. Often getting to a level of credibility involves deconstructing someone elses argument with logic and in a direct manner.

Most forums, like this one does, prohibits any open discussion of moderation policies or actions. This means that in many cases good information can get thrown out with the bad with no recourse.

At the very least (and I am sure I am on thin ice here) Forums like this one should consider a more open approach to moderation and those policies. Instead of viewing Moderation as a top-down thing it might be better to see it more collaboratively.

All of us are Human and often it can be said some are better at handling criticism, dealing with disagreement and understanding language than others. It can also be said that some cannot divorce themselves from personal dislikes or preconceived notions about another member.

Perhaps this is part of the problem.

Don't give up hang in there and keep posting.
All that psycho-babble just may do the trick. I think my pulse stopped about mid post. Yech!!!
__________________
"96" HR Navigator, 38' no slides, Cummins, Allison
next stop
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #14418
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,158
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just checked and I still have a pulse.

Damn near killed the lot of us, he did.
__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #14419
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,442
To quote a very famous rat. "Yes"
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #14420
Senior Member
 
tedgard01's Avatar


 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 2,368
Ummm. Okay..
__________________

__________________
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding A Post To A Thread Over 209 Days Old? GaryKD Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns 3 08-31-2010 05:12 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.