Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2017, 05:55 AM   #15583

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Thanks Steve! We have very few must do's on our list, but crossing that bridge, seeing the coast and checking out the redwoods are all on the list. We'll be travaling from south up through Seattle, any suggestions on do's and don't do's on the trip? Campground suggestions?

When we crossed in the Coach, is was so foggy, (how foggy was it), that we couldn't see the superstructure of the bridge. We did, however, cross a couple more times in a double decker tour bus. We spent a fair amount of time in the wine country. We stayed in the TT there which is right on the Russian River. We stayed just south of Crescent City but I can't recall the name of the campground. We came down from Grants Pass on hwy 199 which comes down through the Redwoods and is very scenic. It was an adventure all its own in a 40' plus toad. I was so close, I could smell the breath of some of the truckers passing northbound. We stayed close to Grants Pass & took in Crater Lake. We spent some time in Astoria, OR. Great spot both in OR and CA. The state park at Mt St Helens is spectacular.

If you go all the way up, spend some time at the Hoh Rain Forest and Forks, WA. The whole Olympic area is really beautiful.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #15584

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I have driven across, but mine is only 38' with a Honda C-RV, so you may need someone else to tell you...

Actually, if you get a chance, walk across it, what a great experiance...

Walk Across!
Gees, I'm thinking if I driving across without stopping for a bathroom break I will be lucky.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #15585

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Quote:
Walk Across!

Gees, I'm thinking if I driving across without stopping for a bathroom break I will be lucky.

Ya, I found that when I took a bathroom break halfway across and got out and walked over to the side of the bridge to relieve myself, the cars behind me did not seem to appreciate that....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #15586

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Ya, I found that when I took a bathroom break halfway across and got out and walked over to the side of the bridge to relieve myself, the cars behind me did not seem to appreciate that....
Ted...
If you're driving a MH you don't have to stop and get out... Just put it on cruise, walk back to the necessary room, take care of business, get a cup of coffee and go back and sit down. No problem.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #15587

Carolina Campers
OH, is that why they didn't like that...
Old 02-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #15588

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ted this is a true story, not that all of my stories aren't, but 40 years ago when I was driving cross country in 18 wheelers for a living I was asleep in the sleeper when I heard the roar of the engine go to an idle and truck movement slow to a craw. This change woke me up so I stick my head out from behind the curtain to the sleeper to see where we were.

We were stopping in the middle of the I-40 bridge over the Mississippi River. The older driver that I was running with saw me and said he had always wanted to pee off that bridge. It was the wee hours of the morning, almost no traffic. After a few minutes I hear the door to the truck open and ask was it as much fun as he thought. He replyed he should have done it years ago..... Explaining at his age he wast able to clear up and over the guard rail!

Can't cross that bridge now without wishing I had gotten up and give it a try myself. Now, I'm afraid I'd have the same results.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #15589

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Funny!

Was he a Possum?

Na, he couldn't get it up that high, even if he thought about claiming up the cable....

I hear Bears put it in cruse control and open the window to do that.....
Old 02-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #15590

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #15591

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Funny!

Was he a Possum?

Na, he couldn't get it up that high, even if he thought about claiming up the cable....

I hear Bears put it in cruse control and open the window to do that.....
Hey, have you and the Timster decided that 2017 is the year to exclusively pick on Possum?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #15592

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hey, have you and the Timster decided that 2017 is the year to exclusively pick on Possum?

Well, since last year was for picking on the Ted's of the thread, just thought it would be a generous gesture to share the fun...

But I can't blame it on Timmy, as he is probably picking on 'em deer... Or maybe he is still looking for his truck driving partner.... Last I heard they pulled over on this huge gorge up in VA, and he had to crawl over the rail take care of some type of business... That is the last time he has been seen...
Old 02-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #15593

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Well, since last year was for picking on the Ted's of the thread, just thought it would be a generous gesture to share the fun...

But I can't blame it on Timmy, as he is probably picking on 'em deer... Or maybe he is still looking for his truck driving partner.... Last I heard they pulled over on this huge gorge up in VA, and he had to crawl over the rail take care of some type of business... That is the last time he has been seen...
Funny Ted but I don't even remember that guys name. Do remember he claimed to be Johnny Cash's first cousin. Dressed in black, dark wavy hair, always had good pocket rockets, road aspirins, west coast turn arounds! If you see him running around tell him I said hi. But darn, he'd really be old by now!

PS: I'm sorry Possium for Ted picking on you. It's just not fair. See you at the Mooning or symposium whichever comes first!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #15594

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Funny Ted but I don't even remember that guys name. Do remember he claimed to be Johnny Cash's first cousin. Dressed in black, dark wavy hair, always had good pocket rockets, road aspirins, west coast turn arounds!

Larry?
Old 02-21-2017, 04:46 AM   #15595

Carolina Campers
Well, I was waiting for a Larry response.....

Guess it is gone, gone, gone..... NNDGERS, can't even fix this...
Old 02-21-2017, 05:31 AM   #15596

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Well, I was waiting for a Larry response.....

Guess it is gone, gone, gone..... NNDGERS, can't even fix this...
I'm confused!

Nothing new about that.