Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #4229

max49 is still around, but hasn't posted in his thread in awhile time. Hello Max?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #4230

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Ok. If getting serious wont kill this thread then nothing will. He is doing great. Besides, our "Bucket List" is quite extensive. Since he no longer smokes we can afford to buy more gas.

Congrats on the new grandson "Tristen"

Glad the "Lady" was found.

There are several restaurants in the DC metro area owned by Chef Geoff that have feature Bacon nights.

Just thought I'd cover several topics at once.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #4231

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Now time for some CROWN maybe some bacon huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Grandpa. Come on by, I just put a new bottle of Crown in the coach.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #4232

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
yes... It coulda been funny, except for the cops, flashing lights, and blood.... she had been drin king wild turkey all day, and insisted in riding to and from the "a band called river" concert sitting on the tailgate of the pickup with her lags hanging over the edge....
They say that right when we hit the first speedbump in the tunnel under the speedway, someone said "hurry up"! and he gunned the truck and she flat fell off.
She made the cup race with couple staples in her skull, and fed us all some great chili, so I guess all's well that ends well.
Martinis' will do that for me, and I don't need 4 bottles worth.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #4233
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68

I wish... maybe someday when I am old like you guys....
For now, I still have to work everyday, and have 3 sons at home, including one who is a freshman in high school....
OLD LIKE YOU GUYS..???

Hey! I have a 14 year old daughter at home in high school!

Keeps me young!

I still work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week! Work circles around you whippersnappers! LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #4234
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Apparently I'm so old I didn't realize I replied 30 seconds after the last reply.

Could be a new way to kill the thread!

Uncontrolled redundancy! LOL

(Actually pushed a button on my iPad and thought I lost what I typed) (That doesn't sound any better) (Hole is getting deeper)
(Changing feet now)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #4235

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Apparently I'm so old I didn't realize I replied 30 seconds after the last reply.

Could be a new way to kill the thread!

Uncontrolled redundancy! LOL

(Actually pushed a button on my iPad and thought I lost what I typed) (That doesn't sound any better) (Hole is getting deeper)
(Changing feet now)
Easy Les, don't lose what's left of your blood pressure. He was probably talking to me. My youngest grandson is about your daughter's age. Having spent almost 40 years in law enforcement/criminal justice and/or education and having been married to two deputy sheriffs (both female) my shell is so hard that such mild comments as made by Jimmy just bounce right off. If he wants to know what tough means, he should marry my second wife. Now there's a fire and fight if anyone wants it.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #4236

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
If she "gave" him to you, you have to raise him, pay all his medical bills, send him to college, etc.

I never wanted any. I figured if they turned out anything like me, I didn't want anything to do with `em.
If you had Grandkids they would probably get a kick out of ya Duner.
Besides that you could send them back home.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #4237

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Congratulations Grandpa. Come on by, I just put a new bottle of Crown in the coach.
Thanks ===Crowns some good stuff isnt it.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #4238

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Thanks ===Crowns some good stuff isnt it.
That's easy for him to say when he's ~1590 miles away. Might be all gone by the time you get there.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4239

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

That's easy for him to say when he's ~1590 miles away. Might be all gone by the time you get there.
Not if he uses a thimble!
Oh BTW since we're killing this thread though I give an update on my pool, Yes my good friends in Florida, Canada and the New New Mexico(Arizona) you can come swim when you want.
Spent yesterday morning getting familiar with the backhoe and bobcat- Wow, I forgot how much fun they are! Scary toooooooo!

Anyhow, I managed to get the 50ft cedar tree stump out of the ground(no the stump wasn't 50ft. It was about 3 1/2 feet in diameter and the roots were insane!

The pool finally showed up around 5pm and the pros took over on m days toys. The dug half the pool in 3 hours and made a really nice sloped mound between the two Maples (Cliff and Tallulah know where)

They came back this morning at 7 am finished the hole laid the grade and gravel, then it got scary- the backhoe wasn't even close to big or strong enough to lift it off the trailer. So a couple calls later and I'm out another $300 for a crane. The crane shows up and 30 minutes later he says thanks see ya (will that be cash? If not its $400) Man I'm in the wrong business!!!! $300 of 30 minutes that's better than the Docs at work!

So the pool is now sitting in the hole nice and level (except the shallow end due to over hang) I'll fix that tomorrow. The pool guy installs the drains, returns, 2 lights and an auto cleaner hook up. Then packed the gravel around the base of the sides and deep end then says Thanks a lot for Dinner last night and lunch today- call if you have any questions. (Do you have that $600 cash for digging the pool?) Wasn't in the contract, my mistake. Can't complain though this is a do it your self job. I give him the cash ( wish I was closer to Chicago and Jm68s Office window- here he keeps some cash in there! (sorry Jim, it was just waiting for someone to say it)

The guys really were nice and professional, it would have taken me a week to dig the hole and then it would have been lopsided.

So now I spend the next 3 hours digging lines for the plumbing, moving gravel from the drive around the pool and of course really working hard (that ones for the wife)

Tomorrow I get to rent a laser beeping grade thingy and jack the shallow end up, stuff tons of gravel under the overhang, level over and over again until it's just above level for settling. Then plumb everything to the equipment pad. Backfill as I add water but not too much or to little (holy crap I should have won the lotto so someone else could worry about all these details). Then when complete with backfill and water fill rent a trencher and run 120ft of conduit 2 feet below grade. At some point I might actually get the pump plumbed, wired and start getting sparkly blue water just in time to close it for the winter!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #4240

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Actually, personally I drink Maker's Mark most of the time with some Knob Creek once in a while for a special treat. The RV techs that work on my coach drink Crown and I try real hard to keep them happy. I generally keep a pretty well stocked liquor cabinet while on the road for my guests. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to wander out to Arizona in the rig. Good Kentucky bourbon (Canadian, Irish, Scotch, or Tennessee whiskeys will also work) goes well with my baby back ribs and homemade potato salad.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #4241
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights

Not if he uses a thimble!
Oh BTW since we're killing this thread though I give an update on my pool, Yes my good friends in Florida, Canada and the New New Mexico(Arizona) you can come swim when you want.
Spent yesterday morning getting familiar with the backhoe and bobcat- Wow, I forgot how much fun they are! Scary toooooooo!

Anyhow, I managed to get the 50ft cedar tree stump out of the ground(no the stump wasn't 50ft. It was about 3 1/2 feet in diameter and the roots were insane!

The pool finally showed up around 5pm and the pros took over on m days toys. The dug half the pool in 3 hours and made a really nice sloped mound between the two Maples (Cliff and Tallulah know where)

They came back this morning at 7 am finished the hole laid the grade and gravel, then it got scary- the backhoe wasn't even close to big or strong enough to lift it off the trailer. So a couple calls later and I'm out another $300 for a crane. The crane shows up and 30 minutes later he says thanks see ya (will that be cash? If not its $400) Man I'm in the wrong business!!!! $300 of 30 minutes that's better than the Docs at work!

So the pool is now sitting in the hole nice and level (except the shallow end due to over hang) I'll fix that tomorrow. The pool guy installs the drains, returns, 2 lights and an auto cleaner hook up. Then packed the gravel around the base of the sides and deep end then says Thanks a lot for Dinner last night and lunch today- call if you have any questions. (Do you have that $600 cash for digging the pool?) Wasn't in the contract, my mistake. Can't complain though this is a do it your self job. I give him the cash ( wish I was closer to Chicago and Jm68s Office window- here he keeps some cash in there! (sorry Jim, it was just waiting for someone to say it)

The guys really were nice and professional, it would have taken me a week to dig the hole and then it would have been lopsided.

So now I spend the next 3 hours digging lines for the plumbing, moving gravel from the drive around the pool and of course really working hard (that ones for the wife)

Tomorrow I get to rent a laser beeping grade thingy and jack the shallow end up, stuff tons of gravel under the overhang, level over and over again until it's just above level for settling. Then plumb everything to the equipment pad. Backfill as I add water but not too much or to little (holy crap I should have won the lotto so someone else could worry about all these details). Then when complete with backfill and water fill rent a trencher and run 120ft of conduit 2 feet below grade. At some point I might actually get the pump plumbed, wired and start getting sparkly blue water just in time to close it for the winter!
How cool for you! I remember the excitement of pulling out my wallet..er...I mean putting in our pool. I had he track hoe building the rock retaining wall. I was supposed to take the week off work to supervise and help but we got busy. Low and behold.....if it didn't rain that day and the track hoe sunk into my lawn about a foot, took out my irrigation and set in motion about a $1500 landscaping and irrigation repair. Man was I peeved! The rock guys did some extra work but I was still out of pocket. I'll post a few photos of that from my PC.

Congrats on the pool start though.

Still don't see any photos.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #4242
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
This was the damage and getting it fixed. 6' Cedar trees to follow for privacy. The cedars are about 9' tall now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2019.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	26342   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2031.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	26343  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2046.jpg