Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #4229
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,107
max49 is still around, but hasn't posted in his thread in awhile time. Hello Max?
__________________

__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #4230
Senior Member
 
Glassalley52's Avatar


 
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sterling, VA and Thornburg, VA
Posts: 938
Blog Entries: 2
Ok. If getting serious wont kill this thread then nothing will. He is doing great. Besides, our "Bucket List" is quite extensive. Since he no longer smokes we can afford to buy more gas.

Congrats on the new grandson "Tristen"

Glad the "Lady" was found.

There are several restaurants in the DC metro area owned by Chef Geoff that have feature Bacon nights.

Just thought I'd cover several topics at once.
__________________

__________________
'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #4231
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Now time for some CROWN maybe some bacon huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Grandpa. Come on by, I just put a new bottle of Crown in the coach.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #4232
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
yes... It coulda been funny, except for the cops, flashing lights, and blood.... she had been drin king wild turkey all day, and insisted in riding to and from the "a band called river" concert sitting on the tailgate of the pickup with her lags hanging over the edge....
They say that right when we hit the first speedbump in the tunnel under the speedway, someone said "hurry up"! and he gunned the truck and she flat fell off.
She made the cup race with couple staples in her skull, and fed us all some great chili, so I guess all's well that ends well.
Martinis' will do that for me, and I don't need 4 bottles worth.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #4233
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68

I wish... maybe someday when I am old like you guys....
For now, I still have to work everyday, and have 3 sons at home, including one who is a freshman in high school....
OLD LIKE YOU GUYS..???

Hey! I have a 14 year old daughter at home in high school!

Keeps me young!

I still work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week! Work circles around you whippersnappers! LOL
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #4234
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Apparently I'm so old I didn't realize I replied 30 seconds after the last reply.

Could be a new way to kill the thread!

Uncontrolled redundancy! LOL

(Actually pushed a button on my iPad and thought I lost what I typed) (That doesn't sound any better) (Hole is getting deeper)
(Changing feet now)
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #4235
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Apparently I'm so old I didn't realize I replied 30 seconds after the last reply.

Could be a new way to kill the thread!

Uncontrolled redundancy! LOL

(Actually pushed a button on my iPad and thought I lost what I typed) (That doesn't sound any better) (Hole is getting deeper)
(Changing feet now)
Easy Les, don't lose what's left of your blood pressure. He was probably talking to me. My youngest grandson is about your daughter's age. Having spent almost 40 years in law enforcement/criminal justice and/or education and having been married to two deputy sheriffs (both female) my shell is so hard that such mild comments as made by Jimmy just bounce right off. If he wants to know what tough means, he should marry my second wife. Now there's a fire and fight if anyone wants it.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #4236
Senior Member
 
Sutler's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GreenValley , Arizona
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
If she "gave" him to you, you have to raise him, pay all his medical bills, send him to college, etc.

I never wanted any. I figured if they turned out anything like me, I didn't want anything to do with `em.
If you had Grandkids they would probably get a kick out of ya Duner.
Besides that you could send them back home.
__________________
Tom & Christi Rae Sutler
Freightliner club member
Goodsam club member
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #4237
Senior Member
 
Sutler's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GreenValley , Arizona
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Congratulations Grandpa. Come on by, I just put a new bottle of Crown in the coach.
Thanks ===Crowns some good stuff isnt it.
__________________
Tom & Christi Rae Sutler
Freightliner club member
Goodsam club member
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #4238
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Congratulations Grandpa. Come on by, I just put a new bottle of Crown in the coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Thanks ===Crowns some good stuff isnt it.
That's easy for him to say when he's ~1590 miles away. Might be all gone by the time you get there.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4239
Senior Member
 
4Knights's Avatar
 
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

That's easy for him to say when he's ~1590 miles away. Might be all gone by the time you get there.
Not if he uses a thimble!
Oh BTW since we're killing this thread though I give an update on my pool, Yes my good friends in Florida, Canada and the New New Mexico(Arizona) you can come swim when you want.
Spent yesterday morning getting familiar with the backhoe and bobcat- Wow, I forgot how much fun they are! Scary toooooooo!

Anyhow, I managed to get the 50ft cedar tree stump out of the ground(no the stump wasn't 50ft. It was about 3 1/2 feet in diameter and the roots were insane!

The pool finally showed up around 5pm and the pros took over on m days toys. The dug half the pool in 3 hours and made a really nice sloped mound between the two Maples (Cliff and Tallulah know where)

They came back this morning at 7 am finished the hole laid the grade and gravel, then it got scary- the backhoe wasn't even close to big or strong enough to lift it off the trailer. So a couple calls later and I'm out another $300 for a crane. The crane shows up and 30 minutes later he says thanks see ya (will that be cash? If not its $400) Man I'm in the wrong business!!!! $300 of 30 minutes that's better than the Docs at work!

So the pool is now sitting in the hole nice and level (except the shallow end due to over hang) I'll fix that tomorrow. The pool guy installs the drains, returns, 2 lights and an auto cleaner hook up. Then packed the gravel around the base of the sides and deep end then says Thanks a lot for Dinner last night and lunch today- call if you have any questions. (Do you have that $600 cash for digging the pool?) Wasn't in the contract, my mistake. Can't complain though this is a do it your self job. I give him the cash ( wish I was closer to Chicago and Jm68s Office window- here he keeps some cash in there! (sorry Jim, it was just waiting for someone to say it)

The guys really were nice and professional, it would have taken me a week to dig the hole and then it would have been lopsided.

So now I spend the next 3 hours digging lines for the plumbing, moving gravel from the drive around the pool and of course really working hard (that ones for the wife)

Tomorrow I get to rent a laser beeping grade thingy and jack the shallow end up, stuff tons of gravel under the overhang, level over and over again until it's just above level for settling. Then plumb everything to the equipment pad. Backfill as I add water but not too much or to little (holy crap I should have won the lotto so someone else could worry about all these details). Then when complete with backfill and water fill rent a trencher and run 120ft of conduit 2 feet below grade. At some point I might actually get the pump plumbed, wired and start getting sparkly blue water just in time to close it for the winter!
__________________
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #4240
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That's easy for him to say when he's ~1590 miles away. Might be all gone by the time you get there.
Actually, personally I drink Maker's Mark most of the time with some Knob Creek once in a while for a special treat. The RV techs that work on my coach drink Crown and I try real hard to keep them happy. I generally keep a pretty well stocked liquor cabinet while on the road for my guests. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to wander out to Arizona in the rig. Good Kentucky bourbon (Canadian, Irish, Scotch, or Tennessee whiskeys will also work) goes well with my baby back ribs and homemade potato salad.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #4241
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights

Not if he uses a thimble!
Oh BTW since we're killing this thread though I give an update on my pool, Yes my good friends in Florida, Canada and the New New Mexico(Arizona) you can come swim when you want.
Spent yesterday morning getting familiar with the backhoe and bobcat- Wow, I forgot how much fun they are! Scary toooooooo!

Anyhow, I managed to get the 50ft cedar tree stump out of the ground(no the stump wasn't 50ft. It was about 3 1/2 feet in diameter and the roots were insane!

The pool finally showed up around 5pm and the pros took over on m days toys. The dug half the pool in 3 hours and made a really nice sloped mound between the two Maples (Cliff and Tallulah know where)

They came back this morning at 7 am finished the hole laid the grade and gravel, then it got scary- the backhoe wasn't even close to big or strong enough to lift it off the trailer. So a couple calls later and I'm out another $300 for a crane. The crane shows up and 30 minutes later he says thanks see ya (will that be cash? If not its $400) Man I'm in the wrong business!!!! $300 of 30 minutes that's better than the Docs at work!

So the pool is now sitting in the hole nice and level (except the shallow end due to over hang) I'll fix that tomorrow. The pool guy installs the drains, returns, 2 lights and an auto cleaner hook up. Then packed the gravel around the base of the sides and deep end then says Thanks a lot for Dinner last night and lunch today- call if you have any questions. (Do you have that $600 cash for digging the pool?) Wasn't in the contract, my mistake. Can't complain though this is a do it your self job. I give him the cash ( wish I was closer to Chicago and Jm68s Office window- here he keeps some cash in there! (sorry Jim, it was just waiting for someone to say it)

The guys really were nice and professional, it would have taken me a week to dig the hole and then it would have been lopsided.

So now I spend the next 3 hours digging lines for the plumbing, moving gravel from the drive around the pool and of course really working hard (that ones for the wife)

Tomorrow I get to rent a laser beeping grade thingy and jack the shallow end up, stuff tons of gravel under the overhang, level over and over again until it's just above level for settling. Then plumb everything to the equipment pad. Backfill as I add water but not too much or to little (holy crap I should have won the lotto so someone else could worry about all these details). Then when complete with backfill and water fill rent a trencher and run 120ft of conduit 2 feet below grade. At some point I might actually get the pump plumbed, wired and start getting sparkly blue water just in time to close it for the winter!
How cool for you! I remember the excitement of pulling out my wallet..er...I mean putting in our pool. I had he track hoe building the rock retaining wall. I was supposed to take the week off work to supervise and help but we got busy. Low and behold.....if it didn't rain that day and the track hoe sunk into my lawn about a foot, took out my irrigation and set in motion about a $1500 landscaping and irrigation repair. Man was I peeved! The rock guys did some extra work but I was still out of pocket. I'll post a few photos of that from my PC.

Congrats on the pool start though.

Still don't see any photos.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #4242
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,576
Blog Entries: 8
This was the damage and getting it fixed. 6' Cedar trees to follow for privacy. The cedars are about 9' tall now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2019.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	26342   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2031.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	26343  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2046.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	26344   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2054.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	26345  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2130.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	523.5 KB
ID:	26346   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2131.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	602.6 KB
ID:	26347  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2329.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	26348  
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding A Post To A Thread Over 209 Days Old? GaryKD Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns 3 08-31-2010 05:12 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.