Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #4271
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Did you order anything or were you just looking for sympathy?
I ordered Jim and Bj's address.

It hasn't arrived yet.

If we don't get invited over for BLT's.....I'll settle for sympathy. Although, I heard it's not very filling.

Wife is back tomorrow.

Good thing....I've almost withered away to 230 lbs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #4272

Monaco Owners Club
You could have bacon BLD"s! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #4273

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Les, if you're willing to come get em, I'm willing to cook em. I'll even throw in some locally world famous BBQ baby backs and what my girls call "Dad's Potato Salad". It all goes well with your choice of Marker's Mark, Knob Creek, or Crown Royal. If you prefer Scotch all I have on hand if Johnny Walker Black. For Scotch (I'm not a big fan so am pretty inexperience in this field) I prefer Famous Grouse over Walker's. I prefer the Irish (Jameson or Bushmills), as far as Scotch or Irish drinks go. I will admit that all the Scotch drinkers that I know seem to prefer Glenfiddich Single Malt. I'll have to give it a try some time. Of course none of this will help you maintain that 230 lbs. Aah, your wife's probably home by now an will keep you from starving. If not, just give me a PM when you get to Pensacola and I come pick you up.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #4274
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc
Les, if you're willing to come get em, I'm willing to cook em. I'll even throw in some locally world famous BBQ baby backs and what my girls call "Dad's Potato Salad". It all goes well with your choice of Marker's Mark, Knob Creek, or Crown Royal. If you prefer Scotch all I have on hand if Johnny Walker Black. For Scotch (I'm not a big fan so am pretty inexperience in this field) I prefer Famous Grouse over Walker's. I prefer the Irish (Jameson or Bushmills), as far as Scotch or Irish drinks go. I will admit that all the Scotch drinkers that I know seem to prefer Glenfiddich Single Malt. I'll have to give it a try some time. Of course none of this will help you maintain that 230 lbs. Aah, your wife's probably home by now an will keep you from starving. If not, just give me a PM when you get to Pensacola and I come pick you up.
Thanks for the kind offer! You are a little late tonight though, as we already had some crackers and water. Should hold us over till my wife comes home tomorrow and chef's up some 5 course dinner like she usually does! LOL

Scotch is an acquired taste. Not one I've ever been able to acquire! I liken it to the same liquid they make birth control pills. Pregnant Mare's pee! (Just my opinion)

Personally, I'm a Rum man. Can also stomach the odd Martini as long as it has some fruity additive. Also known to dabble in a little tequila here and there. Crown and coke is good. Vodka and Kahlua is a great pool drink. Now that I think about it, I'd just about drink anything EXCEPT scotch.

Rest assured, if we get to Pensacola, we'll hook up for some aperitifs and libations.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #4275

For sympathy to be filling, you have to "Eat the words".

Scotch is ok if you want to extend the happy hour without getting drunk. You won't want to drink it too fast.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #4276
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I'd have to plug my nose and wash it down with something. I'd also have to stay close a place that could handle the possibility of uncontrolled "Linda Blair style" spewing.

Anything that would need that, ain't worth drinkin!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #4277

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Thanks for the kind offer! You are a little late tonight though, as we already had some crackers and water. Should hold us over till my wife comes home tomorrow and chef's up some 5 course dinner like she usually does! LOL

Scotch is an acquired taste. Not one I've ever been able to acquire! I liken it to the same liquid they make birth control pills. Pregnant Mare's pee! (Just my opinion)

Personally, I'm a Rum man. Can also stomach the odd Martini as long as it has some fruity additive. Also known to dabble in a little tequila here and there. Crown and coke is good. Vodka and Kahlua is a great pool drink. Now that I think about it, I'd just about drink anything EXCEPT scotch.

Rest assured, if we get to Pensacola, we'll hook up for some aperitifs and libations.
Spiced Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Kahula!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #4278

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Ill be down to Florida in March of next year have to take my uncle to my Aunts grave sight rest her sole. we will bring the Crown you supply the ribs..lol--------lol---
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #4279
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post

Ill be down to Florida in March of next year have to take my uncle to my Aunts grave sight rest her sole. we will bring the Crown you supply the ribs..lol--------lol---
How about you guys all come up to Canada? I'll supply the Crown AND Ribs.

I'd save on fuel too! LOL
Old 09-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #4280

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
How about you guys all come up to Canada? I'll supply the Crown AND Ribs.

I'd save on fuel too! LOL
Maybe i could stop by on the way to my cousins in Anchorage and Willow Alaska .They have lived ther with my uncle for about 42 years made the trip once man i loved the color change in Sept running through Canada, Promised the wife we would make a run up there one of theses days shes never been there.
IRV2-Supporter
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #4281
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutler View Post
Maybe i could stop by on the way to my cousins in Anchorage and Willow Alaska .They have lived ther with my uncle for about 42 years made the trip once man i loved the color change in Sept running through Canada, Promised the wife we would make a run up there one of theses days shes never been there.
If you do, send me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	We live here.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	26493  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #4282

Any fishies in that water? Kind, size, hungry?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #4283

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If you do, send me a PM.
Nice will do, have to see how the uncles plans turn out 1st, i know i promised wife so we will be going if not in March, will be shortly after.
IRV2-Supporter
Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #4284
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Any fishies in that water? Kind, size, hungry?
Lake trout, Rainbow trout, Cutthroat trout, Burbot and Kokanee.

The Lakers get about 15-30 lbs. This lake is used by a lot of summer holiday boaters so the fish get big as a lot of guys don't fish them during summer vacation and tourist season. Look up Kalamalka Lake where I live in BC.
Beautiful lake.

Also Okanagan Lake is close by. Deep and about 90 miles long.