Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #4621

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Then let me restate...My Apple products boot up quickly. With all the virus scans and the virus updates/ect, my last three windows-based products took up to 5 minutes to get to a screen that I could do something. I have yet to have a blue screen or lost data to virus with an Apple product.

Maybe I'm just lucky...
No luck.. Prolly know more about what to do and NOT do than the avg person. I have used Windows since 3.1 and have very, very littel trouble. Havent had a lock up, Blue Screen, or virus since WinME - and the BSOD was caused by me fiddling with memory setting.. Virus was actual the IESearch redirect I received from my sons computer through the network. Again, way back in WinME days..

Dont get me wrong, I dont really care what anyone uses, just dont attack/belitte me for what I use. FanBois I do not like..

Jusy comes down to knowing what and what not to do..(or better yet, were and wereNOT to go. You know who you are )
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #4622

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Speaking of killing threads; I was using my lathe trying to cut a 60 degree 24TPi to match an old piece of broken tool. Boy did I kill that Thread.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #4623

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
THIS JUST IN!!!

"The Walmart police are secretly training dogs to assist them in controlling improper behavior exhibited by Wallydockers. It is believed that the dogs are a form of Chinese Pit-bull, trained to chase campers lounging on lawn chairs back into their RVs. They are also trained to do the following: extinguish all campfires or barbecue grills by peeing on them, attack all RV owners dogs defecating on the parking lot, and finally barking incessantly at RV owners who open their slides or use their generators."

Source- Eastern Onion online
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #4624
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
No luck.. Prolly know more about what to do and NOT do than the avg person. I have used Windows since 3.1 and have very, very littel trouble. Havent had a lock up, Blue Screen, or virus since WinME - and the BSOD was caused by me fiddling with memory setting.. Virus was actual the IESearch redirect I received from my sons computer through the network. Again, way back in WinME days..

Dont get me wrong, I dont really care what anyone uses, just dont attack/belitte me for what I use. FanBois I do not like..

Jusy comes down to knowing what and what not to do..(or better yet, were and wereNOT to go. You know who you are )
Up here in Canada, we use smoke signals. All good till the wind picks up then signals get crossed. Sometimes communication is down for days. Rain causes a lot of problems. So does green wood.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #4625

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Chesty Puller for President
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chesty-puller.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	28757  
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #4626

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
R.I.P. Walmart thread.

All Wallydockers please report to a campground.
Why? The Wally Police cant see you now..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #4627

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well drat, now I'm down to just one thread that I participate in regularly .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #4628

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

Hey, where you been?
Been eating multipacks of Bacon whilst shoveling 65 tons of gravel and pouring 12.5 yards of concrete! The pool is in, concrete is done (except for staining it this spring) water is being balanced (again) just in time to close it for the winter. Oh the anticipation of next spring!
My DD had her 15th Bday on the 13th (before concrete) it rained that day so the entire yard was mud! Her and 28 friends jumped in 50 degree water then out to the hot tub 102 degrees. Back and fourth until the tub water was to low for the pump. She spent a week scraping mud off the patio! Let's not be overly critical on the concrete job I don't plan on going into business doing it but the result was way better than I hoped for.
Total time invested 5 weeks (1 full week of 14 hour days) 4 weeks of 5-6 hours after work plus the 14 hour days on all weekends. (at least 6 bottles of Motrin)
Saved over 50K by doing it myself.

Hope to see you all at my Annual 4th of July Party! ( had to make next years better so Cliff will bring his lovely wife back!
Attached Images

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #4629
Community Administrator

Wow. That back yard sure has changed since we were there last 4th. It looks great. Hopefully Tallulah and I will be there next year. Oh , I almost had another "Dingo stole my shoes " episode. I had a pair of my new shinny flip flops outside and couldn't find them. I could see a new thread forming but lo and behold some considerate workers moved them out of the way to protect them.
Save a place for us. Regards to Wendy and the kids.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #4630

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We look forward to it! You guys are great! Now let's see if Les(Dogpatch) makes it from Canada or any of the other cast from the Tread Killer or IRV2.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #4631

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've always hated Fords {snip} ... Sorry for the rant, I'm not in a very good mode today.
But Dunner, I thought you loved your Sea Breeze as much as we love ours .. and 'uh-oh', its a FORD
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #4632
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Been eating multipacks of Bacon whilst shoveling 65 tons of gravel and pouring 12.5 yards of concrete! The pool is in, concrete is done (except for staining it this spring) water is being balanced (again) just in time to close it for the winter. Oh the anticipation of next spring!
My DD had her 15th Bday on the 13th (before concrete) it rained that day so the entire yard was mud! Her and 28 friends jumped in 50 degree water then out to the hot tub 102 degrees. Back and fourth until the tub water was to low for the pump. She spent a week scraping mud off the patio! Let's not be overly critical on the concrete job I don't plan on going into business doing it but the result was way better than I hoped for.
Total time invested 5 weeks (1 full week of 14 hour days) 4 weeks of 5-6 hours after work plus the 14 hour days on all weekends. (at least 6 bottles of Motrin)
Saved over 50K by doing it myself.

Hope to see you all at my Annual 4th of July Party! ( had to make next years better so Cliff will bring his lovely wife back!
Good Job Ron!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #4633
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
We look forward to it! You guys are great! Now let's see if Les(Dogpatch) makes it from Canada or any of the other cast from the Tread Killer or IRV2.
Nothing I'd like better than to attend your suarez poolside, drink copious amounts of exoctic cocktails and frolic in your new pool!
Trouble for us is I'm not retired yet so travel of distance is tough at this point to fit into a short holiday.

So.....for the time being, I will have to (enviously) live vicariously through your reported back yard adventures. I thank you for the invite and if I can swing it, you'll hear!

Nice Job again on the pool Ron! It'll be an nice additive and good for a lot of years of enjoyment.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #4634

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
But Dunner, I thought you loved your Sea Breeze as much as we love ours .. and 'uh-oh', its a FORD
I do love my Sea Breeze. I just need to jack up the radiator cap and drive something with guts under it. I hit a head wind on the way home and could barely do the 65 MPH speed limit.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote