Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #5265

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry you sold but I'm sure you'll find the right one some day! Now back to work & Bacon!
Besides you have that pool to take care of this summer- no time for traveling.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #5266

Just saw an ad for US of Bacon. It's on a channel I don't get. Anybody seen it?
New tonight: The Walking Ched Burger.
New tonight: The Porker.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #5267

Travel around America and eat lots of bacon? We bet you want to know how you could score a job like that… Discovery Communications’ cable television channel, Destination America decided to create the most amazing three hours you will ever watch on television. “… chef and restauranteur Todd Fisher searches the country high and low for the best bacon, burgers, and steaks in Destination America’s new series United States of Food.

http://bacontoday.com/united-states-of-bacon-2/
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #5268

US of Bacon Episodes - US of Bacon Season 1 2013 Episode Guides - Watch US of Bacon Episodes from Destination America | TVGuide.com

Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #5269
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, the humanity.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #5270
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I eat bacon wherever I go. Not every day mind you. Except on holidays.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #5271

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Oh, the humanity.

Humanity? I got your humanity!

Mac Davis

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #5272
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Man, this looking for a new (to us) coach sucks. I'm tired of looking at RV's. Everything I want is on the other side of the continent. To get a reasonable, affordable flight to go look at it, takes 3 transfers, sometimes flying in a different direction to get back to where you want to go. Take that cost, along with taking 8 days off work to drive it back home, the cost in fuel, even if you find a smoking deal, by the time you are done, it isn't worth it. The ones that are near enough and are a good deal, if you don't buy it immediately, by the time you can say rumplestilskin, they are sold.

I have probably looked at 30,000 RVs on line in the last 2 months. Because of search engines, I've probably looked at most of the same ones twice.
Everyone in Canada thinks their RV is made of gold and I would have to sell my house to buy their RV. The same one is 1/2 price that across the continent (Florida). I think 95% of all RVs for sale are in that state.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #5273

Les, you're gonna hate me!

I went out one Saturday to buy a Class A. Looked at 10, on two lots, about 10 miles freeway miles from home. My Sea Breeze was the only one that I didn't find something I didn't like. And it only had 15K on it. Made an offer. they countered, we settled. All in less than 6 hours. This was on Memorial Day weekend and I had to wait till Tuesday to pick it up. I didn't have a ride, so they sent someone to my house to pick me up. Three new batteries, detailed and serviced with new filters and fluids, plus 1/2 tank of gas and full propane. And... they gave me a $50 coupon to use in their store. Got some tire covers and a mini dish drainer.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #5274

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I eat bacon wherever I go. Not every day mind you. Except on holidays.
So much bacon, so little time
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #5275

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Man, this looking for a new (to us) coach sucks. I'm tired of looking at RV's. Everything I want is on the other side of the continent. To get a reasonable, affordable flight to go look at it, takes 3 transfers, sometimes flying in a different direction to get back to where you want to go. Take that cost, along with taking 8 days off work to drive it back home, the cost in fuel, even if you find a smoking deal, by the time you are done, it isn't worth it. The ones that are near enough and are a good deal, if you don't buy it immediately, by the time you can say rumplestilskin, they are sold.

I have probably looked at 30,000 RVs on line in the last 2 months. Because of search engines, I've probably looked at most of the same ones twice.
Everyone in Canada thinks their RV is made of gold and I would have to sell my house to buy their RV. The same one is 1/2 price that across the continent (Florida). I think 95% of all RVs for sale are in that state.
Les,
Just to prove how good a Canuck buddy I are; you find the right MH and buy it, you pay the airfare to Florida and all fuel back and I'll go get it for you. Have to be tickets for two on the plane and Denise and I will hit every Florida Live Steam event then come home. We'll even pay the gas to and from the central interior just to prove our hearts are in the right place.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #5276
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Les,
Just to prove how good a Canuck buddy I are; you find the right MH and buy it, you pay the airfare to Florida and all fuel back and I'll go get it for you. Have to be tickets for two on the plane and Denise and I will hit every Florida Live Steam event then come home. We'll even pay the gas to and from the central interior just to prove our hearts are in the right place.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #5277

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Florida, were old owners go to die and salesmen get free RV's..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #5278

Wut? I gotta move, just to die? I'm retired in place, can't I just/still die there too?