Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #6441

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
Figured out how to get my 6 pack stomach back!
Now that's just wrong.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #6442

Monaco Owners Club
Is that what happens on a straight Bacon diet? Jenny Craig eat your heart out!!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #6443

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I tried taking a similar picture, blew the fence out!

Oh well, like Toronto and Vancouver Hockey teams always say, "Oh well, there's always next year!"
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #6444

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I tried taking a similar picture, blew the fence out!

Oh well, like Toronto and Vancouver Hockey teams always say, "Oh well, there's always next year!"
Wait! Are you saying there are Hockey teams in Canada? Have they heard there is this really cool trophy we give out down here, it's called Lord Stanley's Cup! They might want to practice and try to win it some time.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #6445

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Wait! Are you saying there are Hockey teams in Canada? Have they heard there is this really cool trophy we give out down here, it's called Lord Stanley's Cup! They might want to practice and try to win it some time.
Fight fair fight fair.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #6446

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Fight fair fight fair.
We are talking hockey right. Fair fight - well I guess it could happen.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #6447

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We are talking hockey right. Fair fight - well I guess it could happen.
Probably half of the players are from up north
Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #6448
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Na...Just the MVP's that do anything come from up north.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #6449

Monaco Owners Club
This year you guys got the trophy. Well earned! We have had Hollywood North for years.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #6450

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIFFIT
Now, now. I was merely suggesting and generally speaking (recent events excluded), I have noticed someone is often surprised to find someone on their back, a fist in their face or their face on the ice. Shortly thereafter others join in the fun and fairness is achieved. Did I mention Annie is from Illinois?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #6451

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIFFIT View Post
I was accused of not being a hockey fan because I didn't cheer for a Canadian team like the Canucks. Fours Swedes, two Americans, and a whack of other nationality Europeans and we call them the Vancouver Canucks and Canadian??

I no longer watch especially after the lockout last year where the multibillionaire owners, argued with the millionaire players over how much they would receive in remuneration. This so these owners could decide the fleece rates the fanatics (who can afford to go) get charged in additional hundreds of dollars per ticket to get into the arenas.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #6452

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I was accused of not being a hockey fan because I didn't cheer for a Canadian team like the Canucks. Fours Swedes, two Americans, and a whack of other nationality Europeans and we call them the Vancouver Canucks and Canadian??

I no longer watch especially after the lockout last year where the multibillionaire owners, argued with the millionaire players over how much they would receive in remuneration. This so these owners could decide the fleece rates the fanatics (who can afford to go) get charged in additional hundreds of dollars per ticket to get into the arenas.
Saddest part is Hockey tickets are cheap compared to football, baseball and basketball. I even heard the cost of tennis tickets was going up, I didn't even know they sold those, thought they paid the folks to fill the stadium. Kind of like watching a golf tourney. Love to play the game but wouldn't pay to watch it.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #6453

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights

Saddest part is Hockey tickets are cheap compared to football, baseball and basketball. I even heard the cost of tennis tickets was going up, I didn't even know they sold those, thought they paid the folks to fill the stadium. Kind of like watching a golf tourney. Love to play the game but wouldn't pay to watch it.
It's been a long while in the getting there but we have worked our way back to the days of the gladiators. Essentially poor young athletes taken in by the kings of commerce - paid handsomely to battle on the fields of competition - while the rich sit in the stadiums and the plebes watch on magic boxes in the comfort of their homes. When I was a kid a trip to watch the Angles or Dodgers play was something anyone could enjoy for a modest fee and hot dog didn't cost ya the price of a steak. Not sayin the pay-scale was right then - but it was closer then than it is now. Unbelievable what a day at the ball park costs a family these days.

I also thought people were paid to watch tennis. Hmmm. Least interesting sport - fishing program on the radio. "Look at those colors - look at that jump - splash. Oh - he got away.".
Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #6454
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

It's been a long while in the getting there but we have worked our way back to the days of the gladiators. Essentially poor young athletes taken in by the kings of commerce - paid handsomely to battle on the fields of competition - while the rich sit in the stadiums and the plebes watch on magic boxes in the comfort of their homes. When I was a kid a trip to watch the Angles or Dodgers play was something anyone could enjoy for a modest fee and hot dog didn't cost ya the price of a steak. Not sayin the pay-scale was right then - but it was closer then than it is now. Unbelievable what a day at the ball park costs a family these days.

I also thought people were paid to watch tennis. Hmmm. Least interesting sport - fishing program on the radio. "Look at those colors - look at that jump - splash. Oh - he got away.".
Agreed!