Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #6889

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Wow Steve, that is a nice picture!!
Dennis, if you get a chance drop over to Mission and visit the Canadian Tire Store there. the new owner is a friend of mine and he is a really great guy. Jim Oliver is his name and you would be hard pressed to find a more community oriented guy. Port Alberni sure lost a good businessman when Jim left town.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #6890
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Will ya'll post those nice pictures of bacon, motorhomes, bacon, campgrounds, bacon, in some other thread that I'm not tryin' to kill.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #6891

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis, next time I'm over that way I check it out. Will I get a huge discount when I mention your name? Ha Ha.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #6892

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Dennis, next time I'm over that way I check it out. Will I get a huge discount when I mention your name? Ha Ha.
You may as he will commiserate with you for knowing me.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #6893

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Our first trip there in 94, we were tent camping and had our boat on the trailer next to the boat ramp.
Got woke up at 0300 - 6 drunks trying to drive their boat onto the trailer. Only problem was the trailer was still at the top of the ramp!
We asked if we could help but they knew way more than us, so we watched some more. Finally they realized their mistake and one of them backed the trailer in the water. (amazing feat) they tied the boat on the trailer and got ready to pull out. I asked again if they might need a hand or better yet just leave it be until morning. Again, their knowledge of this action was far greater than mine. (the local sheriff was sitting at the top of the dock watching the whole time- we hadn't called them so the boaters must be regulars) they began dragging the boat out of the water with the lower unit down. Screech, nice big gouge in the ramp and snapped a fin off the prop. That really sobered them up- not. The backed it back in the water for some reason. Luckily by then the Sherrie and his partner had enough and didn't let the truck go all the way in the water.

Got to tell you though it was a beautiful sunrise by the time the wrecker left.

Thank you to all the Vets, looks like there may be a whole new generation of us in our current political landscape. Very Sad as, I wish no one had to see what we have seen.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #6894
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I know you guys have heard the one about the guy who put his boat in the water with the trailer still attached.

My wife actually saw it happen!

We used to live across the street from the boat launch. On this one day, my wife called me at work and said "You're not going to believe this" and proceeded to tell me the story. An Asian fellow and his son took about a half hour backing his new truck and boat down the boat ramp. After about ten tries and covering every square inch of the boat ramp, he finally got the boat in the water. There was some strange yelling going on in a foreign language and it was only when my wife saw the truck pull up without the trailer attached that she started to pay attention to what was going on. She heard the boat revving to beat the band and hardly going anywhere. She could see out about 50 yards from shore, the one guy gunning it and noticed the two guide bars of the trailer sticking up by the rear of the boat. "The boat's still attached to the trailer" she reported on the phone. I said "get the video camera" to her. But by the time she found it and figured out how to turn it on, it was too late and the guy made it back to the ramp and to more foreign language. They hooked it up to the truck and drove away.

They probably took the boat back to the dealer and said it didn't work.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #6895

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Can't compare with Canada - but the gas grill, burners and sink make for easy meals - and when the band and dancers finally left the patio seemed kinda large.
Attachment 46639
And no pics of Sparky with his favorite dancer?
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #6896

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I know you guys have heard the one about the guy who put his boat in the water with the trailer still attached.

BIG BIG SNIP

About 25 years ago at a boat launch not too far from you (other end of the lake I think) I watched a guy back his boat off the ramp where the stern wheeler takes tours. He threw the truck in park and got out to unhook the boat. The ford truck jumped into reverse and as they say the rest is history. The truck was pointing straight up and it took about two hours for the divers to get there to hook up for the tow operator. Strange what one sees near a floating bridge.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #6897

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

We used to live across the street from the boat launch. On this one day, my wife called me at work and said "You're not going to believe this" and proceeded to tell me the story. An Asian fellow and his son took about a half hour backing his new truck and boat down the boat ramp. After about ten tries and covering every square inch of the boat ramp, he finally got the boat in the water. There was some strange yelling going on in a foreign language and it was only when my wife saw the truck pull up without the trailer attached that she started to pay attention to what was going on. She heard the boat revving to beat the band and hardly going anywhere. She could see out about 50 yards from shore, the one guy gunning it and noticed the two guide bars of the trailer sticking up by the rear of the boat. "The boat's still attached to the trailer" she reported on the phone. I said "get the video camera" to her. But by the time she found it and figured out how to turn it on, it was too late and the guy made it back to the ramp and to more foreign language. They hooked it up to the truck and drove away.

Good thing they didn't have a car top boat!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #6898
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
What's goin on. I'm gonna try to fatally wound this sucker.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #6899

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
What's goin on. I'm gonna try to fatally wound this sucker.
I thought slickest1 had nailed 'er right betwixt the eyes.
Again I was wrong...
Old 10-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #6900
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I thought slickest1 had nailed 'er right betwixt the eyes.
Again I was wrong...
I was trying the ol' sneak up and attack method.

Apparently I'm not as stealthy as I once was and both kill attempts ended simply as flesh wounds!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #6901

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey speaking of whether the weather is any good of late; have you guys in the center been getting all the rail we lot on the coast are getting? It hasn't stopped railing since we got back from Maymont Saskatchewan the middle of last month.

Maymont, Saskatchewan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the picture the house in which our friends Lloyd and Theresa live in is across the street from the store and behind the white building with the wood false front. The blue is the living room of their house. The population of the village went up 3% when they moved there.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #6902
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hey speaking of whether the weather is any good of late; have you guys in the center been getting all the rail we lot on the coast are getting? It hasn't stopped railing since we got back from Maymont Saskatchewan the middle of last month. Maymont, Saskatchewan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia In the picture the house in which our friends Lloyd and Theresa live in is across the street from the store and behind the white building with the wood false front. The blue is the living room of their house. The population of the village went up 3% when they moved there.
Not much rain, just cool temps!

Started closing up the pool and getting ready for the impending winter.