Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #8009

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hope this is not off topic but had a camper come to me as camp host in a state park yesterday telling me of the Copperhead that was in his campsite that he inflicted bodily harm to!

Didnt kill it( it was able to craw away)

Was a Copperhead ( not a rattler)

The camper didNt have a full understanding that camping in the wilderness of a state park might actually involve some encounter with wildlife! My biggest fear is stepping in the mess the Canadian Geese that roam around here drop. Told by ranger to scare them away from campsite when I can, as they have become a great nuisance but I see people feeding them so I'm afraid they are here to stay, unless of course they are removed to a better place such as a oven at about 350 degrees!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #8010

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Hope this is not off topic but had a camper come to me as camp host in a state park yesterday telling me of the Copperhead that was in his campsite that he inflicted bodily harm to!

Didnt kill it( it was able to craw away)

Was a Copperhead ( not a rattler)

The camper didNt have a full understanding that camping in the wilderness of a state park might actually involve some encounter with wildlife! My biggest fear is stepping in the mess the Canadian Geese that roam around here drop. Told by ranger to scare them away from campsite when I can, as they have become a great nuisance but I see people feeding them so I'm afraid they are here to stay, unless of course they are removed to a better place such as a oven at about 350 degrees!
With copperhead - I have found it is best to either leave them alone - or dispatch them of their copper heads and properly dispose. Can't imagine coming across one that "crawled" away from a beating. Unpleasant enough without have been wupped up on....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #8011

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Lookit Tim, we have a bit of a problem here with identification. If you are in C a n a d a then them big dumping machines are Canada Geese. Down your way you take responsibility for them and call them anything you want as long as you don't blame Canada for them. I bet most of the words you'd use to describe them are banned from this great site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
With copperhead - I have found it is best to either leave them alone - or dispatch them of their copper heads and properly dispose. Can't imagine coming across one that "crawled" away from a beating. Unpleasant enough without have been wupped up on....
I prefer to wump them. Wumping is way much betterer than wupping. I think its an STM thing.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #8012

Monaco Owners Club
Canadian Geese, Justin Beeber, going to the States, feel the need to crap on everything!
We have sent a few good people there so I hope that eases it.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #8013
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Canadian Geese, Justin Beeber, going to the States, feel the need to crap on everything!
We have sent a few good people there so I hope that eases it.
I'll forgive you for the geese. Bieber...not so much.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #8014

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Speaking of Thread Killing; at what number of days without a followup comment does one actually considered the thread dead?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #8015

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Speaking of Thread Killing; at what number of days without a followup comment does one actually considered the thread dead?
That is like asking if anyone will ever get tired of Bacon!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #8016

Thread.... Hey thread, die already. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm to the negative. A thread is killed when a mod/admin closes it. Till then it is not a killed thread. Besides, why would anybody want to kill such a fun and informative thread. A wealth of worthless knowledge here.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #8017

G-pump

Took about 2 hours to assemble and test. Works great to eliminate the bolus feeding I had to do. For those of you who don't know, I aspirate when I swallow and they put a feeding tube in my belly. Before. I had to use a syringe to feed myself through the G-tube. Boring and messy. This is a Holly Red automotive fuel pump I had in the attic. (Actually on the shelf, but Dunner has an infamous attic.) I let it flow full throttle and it works great. Takes about 2 minutes to feed me 16oz of formula. Is that TMI enough to kill this thread?

BTW, it gives me great burps. Dunner loves a good burp.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feeding Pump.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	62651  
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #8018

Tiffin Owners Club
Can you put bacon in that thing?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #8019

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'll forgive you for the geese. Bieber...not so much.
I'm thinking they (Canada) sent Bieber as a distraction from the extra geese they were sneaking across the border illegally!
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #8020

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Can you put bacon in that thing?
We're talking 'Dunner" here. If he wants bacon, it will be made to fit.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #8021
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
I'm thinking they (Canada) sent Bieber as a distraction from the extra geese they were sneaking across the border illegally!
We're not dumb here in Canada. Sometimes things show up elsewhere for a reason!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #8022

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Took about 2 hours to assemble and test. Works great to eliminate the bolus feeding I had to do. For those of you who don't know, I aspirate when I swallow and they put a feeding tube in my belly. Before. I had to use a syringe to feed myself through the G-tube. Boring and messy. This is a Holly Red automotive fuel pump I had in the attic. (Actually on the shelf, but Dunner has an infamous attic.) I let it flow full throttle and it works great. Takes about 2 minutes to feed me 16oz of formula. Is that TMI enough to kill this thread?

BTW, it gives me great burps. Dunner loves a good burp.
All you need now is a 99CC gas powered blender and you could mix your bacon with just about anything to go down the tube.

Ohhh the possibilities are endless. I think this thread is mutating....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blender_blaster_medium.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	62673   Click image for larger version

Name:	gas_powered_blender.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	62674