Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #11943
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I looked it up, at most you can get 8 campfires which would equate to 10,000 posts. After that, every 5,000 posts turns one blue, but there is NO "after that". Which means once you hit 50,000 posts, that's it, no more prizes.
Nobody that has that many posts is still married unless it's to this forum! LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2015, 08:39 PM   #11944

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Nobody that has that many posts is still married unless it's to this forum! LOL

Old 07-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #11945

Talking good advice

Another good morning, looks like another high 80's low 90's day here in Sunny California.
Winding down to departure day. We will be leaving in 4 days for 3+ weeks, wish I could of left a week ago, but the wife is still not old enough to retire and has to work. It gets boring when she is at work, and I have no one to harass LOL I have been retired going on 10 years now....I guess that is the down side of being married to a younger woman. Nothing is ever perfect. LOL " Well somethings are if you I now what I mean " LOL At least she loves her job and comes home happy to see me every night.

Latter this year we have plans to go to Florida for the cannon Ball training, I just talked to a good friend of mine who gave me some advice, he has been shot out of a cannon and had his back broken in 4 places when he missed the net. The advice he told me was do not miss the net....
Old 07-24-2015, 07:09 AM   #11946

You guys and your flames, reminds me of the Military when we were trying to get pins, ribbons, medals and stripes. I am proud of my one little flame. My flame is sexy.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #11947

Smile I got two

WOW now I have 2 Sexy flames
Old 07-24-2015, 07:32 AM   #11948

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post

Latter this year we have plans to go to Florida for the cannon Ball training, I just talked to a good friend of mine who gave me some advice, he has been shot out of a cannon and had his back broken in 4 places when he missed the net. The advice he told me was do not miss the net....
Yeah... Don't miss the net. I think that could apply in a lot of situations in life... But especially important when being shot out of a canon. I would follow that advice if I were you.
LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #11949

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
Yeah... Don't miss the net. I think that could apply in a lot of situations in life... But especially important when being shot out of a canon. I would follow that advice if I were you.
Yeah, and remember, it's aimed by a clown!
Old 07-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #11950
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
You're going to need a bigger net!
(Or more private health insurance)

Can they shoot you butt first? Likely a softer landing!
(at least in my case)
Old 07-24-2015, 08:47 AM   #11951

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sure hope we get pictures of this! I know it'll be difficult to get unobstructed shots, with all the paramedics, police, ambulance drivers and reporters gathered round!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #11952

If the launcher is aimed vertically, then (theoretically) the human projectile should return to the tube from which he was launched. Yeah, I know ... wind may be a factor and a net surrounding the tube is probably a good idea. The beauty of returning to the tube is that no reloading time is wasted for the next shot. Well, except for stuffing a couple of dynamite sticks in the breach.

This scenario will be captioned ... "Hey guys! Hold my beer, and watch this."
Old 07-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #11953
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sure hope we get pictures of this! I know it'll be difficult to get unobstructed shots, with all the paramedics, police, ambulance drivers and reporters gathered round!
This may help Slim. That net might be a skoach bit on the small size if'n ya ask me! Giancarlo you might want to check that fore you get in the cannon!

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #11954

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
This may help Slim. That net might be a skoach bit on the small size if'n ya ask me! Giancarlo you might want to check that fore you get in the cannon!

Giancarlo: Don't you want to rethink this thing... You could break a major bone and be disabled for life. Maybe at least wear a parachute. Just think, you've got a wife that's glad to see you and that third flame to look forward to.

It would be a real shame to loose a Threadkiller with your potential...
LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #11955

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
Giancarlo: Don't you want to rethink this thing... You could break a major bone and be disabled for life. Maybe at least wear a parachute. Just think, you've got a wife that's glad to see you and that third flame to look forward to.

It would be a real shame to loose a Threadkiller with your potential...
Bear you might of just hit on something. Giancarlo did your DW buy you this great adventure? Has DW been asking about your life insurance lately? Has DW been extra supportive of you wild and crazy ideas?

I'd be watchful of the clowns you hag with!

The killers will be hiding our eyes and hopeing for the best!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #11956

Are You A Thread Killer

Hold it! That photo looks "photoshopped". Notice the guy has the same arm position all the way through the trajectory.

Another thought I had concerns the emergency procedure in case of a hang fire. Do you leave the human projectile in the tube for the prescribed "cook off" time, or hustle him out then check the firing mechanism?

These carnival events are not without a bit of trickery. Maybe they load a realistic looking dummy, fire it out, then when it hits the net a bunch of guys run over to help untangle it. At that moment of confusion, one guy pulls off his worker overalls and ... viola ... he is wearing the same colorful garb as the dummy. The dummy is of course hidden in a tarp or something.

Gasp, that took longer to explain than my new cold fusion invention.