Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #11957

Fleetwood Owners Club
Moonrover, really, photoshopped!
On the Internet!
Really!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #11958

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

This whole thread is photoshopped.... Actually, you are talking to yourself and saying the same thing over and over and waiting for a change in what is being said...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #11959

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
This whole thread is photoshopped.... Actually, you are talking to yourself and saying the same thing over and over and waiting for a change in what is being said...
That makes us part of The Matrix!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #11960

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

The Matrix.... See what I said...
Old 07-25-2015, 06:14 AM   #11961

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
the matrix.... See what i said...
. ..... .. ... . ...
. ..... .. ... . ...
. ..... .. ... . ...
. ..... .. ... . ...
Old 07-25-2015, 06:18 AM   #11962

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Haha, haha, haha, haha....
Old 07-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #11963

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Am I one of those?
I obviously love this forum and maybe I say some things that rattle some cages; but, I don't mean to kill the thread. Sometimes it seems like I do. I do it just to add another viewpoint and ; I guess just to participate, not to kill the discussion. Should I apologize to the starter after I (unintentionally) kill his thread?
It happens to me so much that I begin to wonder sometimes! I keep telling myself that, even if I shared nothing of any use the thread would continue so it must have just played out on its own. Who knows.
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #11964

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Only the shadow knows.... (Only old people know what this is about)
Old 07-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #11965

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Thread Killers,

Do you all play Russian Roulette as well as Cannon Shooting? LOLT Hi Navy! The Girl
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #11966

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoona View Post
It happens to me so much that I begin to wonder sometimes! I keep telling myself that, even if I shared nothing of any use the thread would continue so it must have just played out on its own. Who knows.
Ok Kahoona you may be in the right place! We've been trying to kill this thread for quiet some time now. Take your best shot, but be warned, there are some NNDG out there that are set on keeping this thread alive. Your play!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:44 AM   #11967

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning Thread Killers,

Do you all play Russian Roulette as well as Cannon Shooting? LOLT Hi Navy! The Girl
Good morning Lynn!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #11968

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Time to kill this thread.....

A macerator provides several options and can make dumping far easier, provide a far cleaner process, and can be a faster process then using the 3 1/2" hose.

Here are a few things to consider;
1) With a macerator hooked up you don't have the hassle of hooking up or disconnecting the slinky.
2) You simply pull out the end and put it in the dump station sewer drain, open the value, and flip a switch to turn it on.
3) Most macerator's pump at about 12 to 15 gallons per minute, so you can do the math as to how long it would take to empty your size tank. It is usually only a few minutes to empty both the black and grey tank. It takes 5 to 6 minutes for me to empty both tanks, if they are both completely full.
4) With a good macerator, you can pump up to 150' away and up to a nine foot incline. Which is exactly what I need to do when parked at one place I go to an a regular basis. This also means that when you hook up at a full service camp site, you don't have to use a slinky holder to provide that perfect angle for the gravity flow. You simply open the valve and flip a switch when you want to dump the tanks.
5) It does grind up what is going into the sewer, but keep in mind that you are pumping into a much smaller hose, versus the 3 1/2" hose. Also, you don't want to clog the pump with larger matter that is being pumped.
6) A macerator provides you with far more options for places to dump. Because you have a smaller hose, you can simply connect the hose, or even multiple hoses together, and dump into a sewer clean out at home. You can dump into a toilet, or other options. I have two 75' hoses that I have hooked together and pumped to a sewer drain that was up a hill 150' away from where the coach is parked.

So, with a macerator you have far less hook up and disconnect time, much easier process, far cleaner process, which in turn may not take any longer to use a macerator versus using the 3 1/2" hose, and far more dumping options. As I have used both methods, I know that it takes me less time to use the macerator than to use the large 3 1/2" hose.

When other campers have watched me use the macerator, it is not uncommon for them to comment as to how fast and easy the process is.

So, if you are still reading this, you are truly ready to be committed....
Old 07-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #11969

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Time to kill this thread.....

A macerator provides several options and can make dumping far easier, provide a far cleaner process, and can be a faster process then using the 3 1/2" hose.

Here are a few things to consider;
1) With a macerator hooked up you don't have the hassle of hooking up or disconnecting the slinky.
2) You simply pull out the end and put it in the dump station sewer drain, open the value, and flip a switch to turn it on.
3) Most macerator's pump at about 12 to 15 gallons per minute, so you can do the math as to how long it would take to empty your size tank. It is usually only a few minutes to empty both the black and grey tank. It takes 5 to 6 minutes for me to empty both tanks, if they are both completely full.
4) With a good macerator, you can pump up to 150' away and up to a nine foot incline. Which is exactly what I need to do when parked at one place I go to an a regular basis. This also means that when you hook up at a full service camp site, you don't have to use a slinky holder to provide that perfect angle for the gravity flow. You simply open the valve and flip a switch when you want to dump the tanks.
5) It does grind up what is going into the sewer, but keep in mind that you are pumping into a much smaller hose, versus the 3 1/2" hose. Also, you don't want to clog the pump with larger matter that is being pumped.
6) A macerator provides you with far more options for places to dump. Because you have a smaller hose, you can simply connect the hose, or even multiple hoses together, and dump into a sewer clean out at home. You can dump into a toilet, or other options. I have two 75' hoses that I have hooked together and pumped to a sewer drain that was up a hill 150' away from where the coach is parked.

So, with a macerator you have far less hook up and disconnect time, much easier process, far cleaner process, which in turn may not take any longer to use a macerator versus using the 3 1/2" hose, and far more dumping options. As I have used both methods, I know that it takes me less time to use the macerator than to use the large 3 1/2" hose.

When other campers have watched me use the macerator, it is not uncommon for them to comment as to how fast and easy the process is.

So, if you are still reading this, you are truly ready to be committed....
Well said!

DP are far better than gassers! Chevy over Dodge! Goodyear over Michelin!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #11970

Carolina Campers
Are You A Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well said! DP are far better than gassers! Chevy over Dodge! Goodyear over Michelin!
It depends on if you use a macerator or not....