Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #533

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
No, no- you misunderstood!
Didn't you read my Declaration of Victory?

I have Triumphed over My Arch Enemy ONLY!

I forget how, but it must be true-
Aren't you reading all about it on THE INTERNET?

Everybody else should of course carry on...and on...and on...as usual!

Francesca

P.S.
Who you callin' a "Fat Lady, Bub?

You have a long way to go if you think I am going to fly the white flag!!
Better start walking.....

http://
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #534

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Gotta link?
No. It was back in 2004-2005 and most of that stuff has been archived there now. It was a fun one

In fact several of the Wal-Mart threads in that time frame where lively. There was one person who managed a CG was was very opposed to staying at Wal-Mart overnight. She would join every Wal-Mart thread and a bunch of us would bait her, trying to see who could be the last person to do so before the thread was locked. I won a couple of those but was, by far, not the big thread killer winner on that subject.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #535

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
No, no- you misunderstood!
Didn't you read my Declaration of Victory?

I have Triumphed over My Arch Enemy ONLY!

I forget how, but it must be true-
Aren't you reading all about it on THE INTERNET?

Everybody else should of course carry on...and on...and on...as usual!

Francesca

P.S.
Who you callin' a "Fat Lady, Bub?
No personal insult intended. You cannot possibly take umbrage at this reference since your pseudo-name isn't Brunnhilde.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, I must question your "victory". It appears that your arch nemesis is still alive, well, and posting. A victory must vanquish the foe. Pfft!
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #536

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfm11 View Post
No personal insult intended. You cannot possibly take umbrage at this reference since your pseudo-name isn't Brunnhilde.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, I must question your "victory". It appears that your arch nemesis is still alive, well, and posting. A victory must vanquish the foe. Pfft!

I see a smakdown comin'
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #537

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #538

This must be a blonde day !!!!!!!!!
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #539

Vintage RV Owners Club
TIME OUT!

We pause now to consider this contribution by our esteemed colleague, Mr. Dunner of The Phoenix Dunners:

POST # 584, THIS THREAD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The MSD Ignition(Multi Spark Discharge) that we use in our race cars fires three time in rapid succession at low RPM. As long as you use just one hand to remove spark plug wires to check for a mis-firing cylinder, you won't get zapped. I somehow got grounded to the vehicle and with a knee-jerk reaction, I yanked my arm away from the mega-voltage pulses that were shooting through my body. In doing so, my funny bone hit a frame member adding to the pain. Along the way, my fore-arm contacted a piece of the body and caused blood to exit said fore-arm.

They're not kidding when they say MSD. It was only micro seconds, but I could feel every pulse. My full body felt like it was hit with a sledge hammer and it took hours to recover. There were no body functions as I think everything shut down. I gained new respect for MSD that day. And I wasn't even my vehicle with the mis-fire.
What can this mean?
Mr. Dunner has inserted a sober, well-reasoned post with mysterious references to a subject actually worthy of discussion!

Is this a New, Diabolical Weapon designed to stun us into silence?

I think I can say without fear of contradiction that if any one of us wished to participate in a "useful" or "helpful" discussion, we wouldn't be posting here.

I greatly fear the slippery slope we may be on the brink of...

Francesca

P.S.
As proof of the appalling effect such digressions from the theme can result in,
I point to the fact that there's not a single emoticon in this post.

F.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #540

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thats because, as funny as some might think it is, its really not.. As proof I know I offer the following:

I am a Navy vet. Part of my duties in the Navy was repairing Radars. One of those was a Surface Search Radar called the SPS-67 and it was tucked away in a small, air conditioned, room at the top of the 'island' known as Radar 2. Now, along with the SPS-67 there was several other peices of gear including another Radar that was water cooled, a distribution panel, and some syncro/servo cabinets. Needless to say, this made for some seriously cramped conditions. Well, one day I'm working on the Radar and the sycro's. These are across from each other about 3 feet apart. I had both cabinet doors open. While I was 'tweaking' (adjusting) a potentiometer on the Radar, I took a 30,000 volt smack right to the chops. Now, those that havent had this happen, know that its like the biggest mule you ever saw had kicked you square in the, um.. face. Of course I flew backwards... right into the servo's. Now these are only 220v, but it was still like the mules owner had hit me with a bat... Right back into the Radar... When I finally quit playing ping-pong, I picked my [Moderator Edit] er face, up off the floor and tried to head back down, but my feet and arms weren't having it and I fell down the ladder to the Signalman's Bridge nearly missing a very surprised Chief...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #541

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Thats because, as funny as some might think it is, its really not.. As proof I know I offer the following:

I am a Navy vet. Part of my duties in the Navy was repairing Radars. One of those was a Surface Search Radar called the SPS-67 and it was tucked away in a small, air conditioned, room at the top of the 'island' known as Radar 2. Now, along with the SPS-67 there was several other peices of gear including another Radar that was water cooled, a distribution panel, and some syncro/servo cabinets. Needless to say, this made for some seriously cramped conditions. Well, one day I'm working on the Radar and the sycro's. These are across from each other about 3 feet apart. I had both cabinet doors open. While I was 'tweaking' (adjusting) a potentiometer on the Radar, I took a 30,000 volt smack right to the chops. Now, those that havent had this happen, know that its like the biggest mule you ever saw had kicked you square in the, um.. face. Of course I flew backwards... right into the servo's. Now these are only 220v, but it was still like the mules owner had hit me with a bat... Right back into the Radar... When I finally quit playing ping-pong, I picked my [Moderator Edit] er face, up off the floor and tried to head back down, but my feet and arms weren't having it and I fell down the ladder to the Signalman's Bridge nearly missing a very surprised Chief...
LOL! (Too tired to find an emoticon so don't get on my case!) I know it wasn't funny when it happened (I've been knocked on my backside more than once so I know) but the way you told the story was a stitch!
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #542

Monaco Owners Club
That's shocking, yeah I know thats baaadddd.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #543

Vintage RV Owners Club

f*r*a*n*c*e*s*c*a
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #544

Where did the electric fence post go? Was the language too much for some to handle?

When I worked for the phone company, they had telegraph lines that used +130 and –130 volts. When wiring them up on the main frame, if you touched the +130 volt terminal, yanked you hand away, you hit the back side of the –130 volt terminal. Ping-Pong. ow, ow, ow, ow....

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #545

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Exclamation

This is getting way serious, do we need some discipline?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #546

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I got edited!!

Ya... where IS that Electric Fence post??
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote