Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #183

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
A super soaker full of texas pete will deter a dog/bear/robber attack, AND ensure you are properly prepared in the event an impromptu chicken fry breaks out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #184

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
... & looking into BB guns.
"Careful, kid -- you'll put your eye out!"

Old 06-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #185

Don't forget the Wasp spray. Never can tell when a campgorund does'nt contorl flying pwest well.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #186

Are we not allowed to shoot the wasps? Are we allowed to sue the CG if we get stung?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #187

google wasp spray self defense
Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #188

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
A super soaker full of texas pete will deter a dog/bear/robber attack, AND ensure you are properly prepared in the event an impromptu chicken fry breaks out.
If you come around my camp with a super soaker full of Texas Pete, well.............................................. .................................................. .............................................I'm gonna invite you over for a beer and ask you to spray a little on whatever is on my grill.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #189

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
If you come around my camp with a super soaker full of Texas Pete, well.............................................. .................................................. .............................................I'm gonna invite you over for a beer and ask you to spray a little on whatever is on my grill.
Watch for me. I'll be the one in the Carolina hat.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #190

National RV Owners Club
Back on the subject of armed. Leaving for camping in the Plumas Natl forest in a few hours. Large bears in the area. They've never been an issue in the past, but armed? You betcha. Two large caliber hand guns that get stowed away and stay stowed away, unless they're needed to prevent loss of life. At the shooting range they're used for safe entertainement. Away from the range, they're tools for a job that hopefully will never need to be completed. People with us don't even know I have them. They are purely for emergency use only.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #191

Winnebago Owners Club
I figured RVing in bear country would justify a .45-70. The wife didn't see it that way
Old 06-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #192

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
Back on the subject of armed. Leaving for camping in the Plumas Natl forest in a few hours. Large bears in the area. They've never been an issue in the past, but armed? You betcha. Two large caliber hand guns that get stowed away and stay stowed away, unless they're needed to prevent loss of life. At the shooting range they're used for safe entertainement. Away from the range, they're tools for a job that hopefully will never need to be completed. People with us don't even know I have them. They are purely for emergency use only.
Sounds to me like you are approaching it the way I would approach it. You have a good "back up plan"
Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #193

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
retmotor: think she would go for a .454 on the hip? if so, there was a black bear in Chesapeake yesterday. maybe i should show my DW the news report...
Old 06-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #194

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
retmotor: think she would go for a .454 on the hip?...
She just looked at me and said, "Denied." You'd think I'd have better luck seeing as how she was the one who refused to RV in bear country in anything that had a canvas side...

May you have better luck.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #195

Have towed a tt for up to 3 months at a time over past 3 yrs. Southern run in the winter, also go local and NE states in the summer and fall. I stay aware of who and what is happening around me and have moved from Wally world or a rest area several times. Have never had to resort to a firearm. But will if I have to. Went to a certified school for 4 days defensive handgun course and I practice enough to feel confident.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #196

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Sounds to me like you are approaching it the way I would approach it. You have a good "back up plan"
Enjoy your trip!
Thanks! Trip was great and as expected no bears bothered us. We had fun in the camp site with empty cans on tree branches and a co2 bb pistol.

Closed Thread