Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #211

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
No permit required in Nevada for open carry. One of few states that still allow it. Don't be foolish with the law & go into a bank open carrying though. It's frowned upon by the bank folks & police.
WA and OR also allow open carry. Some cities in OR (Portland for one) allow open carry only if unloaded and have a concealed permit.
I have WA and OR permits.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #212

State of MO also allows open carry, however very few local or county's allow it, so its rare to see here. By far most people here who carry are concealed.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #213

National RV Owners Club
I used to open carry when I had my atv. Carried a 5 shot revolver with snake shot just in case I came upon a rattler.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D
Children should be involved, how else are they going to learn gun safety?
Really.....you think it is a good idea to have children involved, while you are engaged in an ILLEGAL activity involving a firearm? What exactly are you proposing we teach our children....gun safety while you commit a criminal offense?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #215

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Really.....you think it is a good idea to have children involved, while you are engaged in an ILLEGAL activity involving a firearm? What exactly are you proposing we teach our children....gun safety while you commit a criminal offense?
Gun safety, no matter what...
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin

Gun safety, no matter what...
Agreed....BTW the penalty for contributing to the delinquency of a minor in California (unlawful discharge of a firearm) is punishable by up to 1yr in prison and/or $2,500. This is the base and the penalties escalate if anyone is killed, hurt or maimed, as a result.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #217

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Agreed....BTW the penalty for contributing to the delinquency of a minor in California (unlawful discharge of a firearm) is punishable by up to 1yr in prison and/or $2,500. This is the base and the penalties escalate if anyone is killed, hurt or maimed, as a result.
So, do you think teaching kids about firearm safety is contributing to their delinquency, California's draconian laws notwithstanding? Or do you think they're better off being insulated from the existence of firearms all together?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #218

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
What does this have to do with the thread topic?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin

So, do you think teaching kids about firearm safety is contributing to their delinquency, California's draconian laws notwithstanding? Or do you think they're better off being insulated from the existence of firearms all together?
I agree with your comments concerning gun safety.

I also agree that we should take every opportunity to teach children about gun safety. However, when the teachable moment occurs during the commission of a crime.....not so sure. Kinda like teaching your kids about auto safety, while you are cruising down the freeway at 120mph, with your seatbelt undone, with one hand on the wheel, while your chugging from a bottle of Vodka in your other hand.

My point is .......(1) it is unlawful to discharge a firearm in a public campground in California, (2) if you allow your children to participate, you are contributing to the delinquency of a minor. If you are keeping score, you have now violated two of California's ( and I believe every State 's) draconian laws.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #220

Winnebago Owners Club
^ Jack. You're off topic.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #221

Monaco Owners Club
Not being sure what the current topic is, I'll answer the threads title...

YES and so is the wife....

the police will NEVER be there in time except to investigate the results...

but of course we live in the unenlightened state of Texas where we learn to hunt when we're 9 or so.... and everyone I grew up with never had a problem with guns...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #222

We are from Texas and only carry Bear spray, though now that we are in grizzly country ( and the grizzly population is booming!) I have rethought the no guns idea a few times late at night while tent camping . But guns just isn't our style and we would need a darn big one for grizzy bears. So bear spray it is with "Bear aware" vigilance and a lot of prayers.
Having said that, my Texas family not only have guns but have permits to carry concealed weapons, not sure why they are regular folks but to each their own I guess...it's Texas after all.
Peace,
Erika
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #223

I'm in MO & have a permit & carry daily, I'm just an average person to. Oh, same goes for wife .
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #224
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a CHL.....Don't ask me and I will not tell.

Ken