Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #225

Don't carry, probably never will carry. Don't want them around and don't have any use for them.
However I do know how to use them and would in a heartbeat if I felt necessary.
But I'd rather not have one and would avoid all situations where I would need one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #226

Shot the BB gun yesterday & today. It was a lot of fun, just gotta remember to close the correct eye. Is that strange that I naturally want to close my right eye when I'm right handed?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #227

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauto5150 View Post
But I'd rather not have one and would avoid all situations where I would need one.
And if trouble came looking for you like has happened to me? What then? Call 911? The LEO's will be there in time to take a report if they show up at all.

Mine happened in an area where cell phone coverage was very poor and a long way from any city in Wyoming. Luckily I was prepared.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #228

Mid Atlantic Campers
my 5th wheel is my second home..protected by the fourth amendment and me...just like my stick built...i just exercise the 2nd amendment ...all the time....
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #229

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
Shot the BB gun yesterday & today. It was a lot of fun, just gotta remember to close the correct eye. Is that strange that I naturally want to close my right eye when I'm right handed?
Right eye or left eye dominance isn't always the same as right handed or left handed. Hold your hands in front of you and make a triangle. Focus on a distant object through the triangle with both eyes open. Close both eyes and open them one at a time. If the object is still in the triangle with your left open and right eye closed, you're left eye dominant. Vice versa for the right.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And if trouble came looking for you like has happened to me? What then? Call 911? The LEO's will be there in time to take a report if they show up at all.

Mine happened in an area where cell phone coverage was very poor and a long way from any city in Wyoming. Luckily I was prepared.
Wow can you share? Or long story. Drunk guys? Escaped cons? I've been in Wyoming for a month, the only time I ever( and I mean ever!) saw a cop was in the 4 th of July parade. I was feeling very safe, except for the grizzly bears that is well anyways, glad you are safe.
Erika
Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #231

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Wow can you share? Or long story. Drunk guys? Escaped cons? I've been in Wyoming for a month, the only time I ever( and I mean ever!) saw a cop was in the 4 th of July parade. I was feeling very safe, except for the grizzly bears that is well anyways, glad you are safe.
Erika
PM'd you with the story.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post

Wow, I guess I'll get a gun now since your situation called for it. Sounds like you couldn't wait to use it.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #233

I'm confused...grizzly bear don't call Texas home anymore...right?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #234

Really ? This is the kind of comments that ruin threads like this. If you don't like guns, don't want guns, I get it. You probably shouldn't have one. Some of us do for various reasons. I try to stay away from "bad" areas or "situation" where I might need one. Bad guys come in all shapes & sizes, & demographics, they aren't all in urban areas. I have a former boss who broke down with car trouble several yrs ago on the way to a family reunion. I won't go into details here, but he & his family wish they had something to protect themselves with afterward. It was horrific. He now carrys & has had extensive training.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #235

We've boondocked about 1,000 nights in all kinds of places ranging from streetside in downtown Las Vegas to miles down a dirt road deep in the national forest. We've only had one knock on our door after going to bed - that was in Dana Point, California where we had parked in a park-n-ride parking lot without knowing it. The cop was very friendly and told us of a better spot a mile down the road.

We've never felt threatened, never been robbed, never had the slightest problem.

We might carry a gun if either of us had been militarily trained to shoot people with it. But we are both softies and I doubt either of us could pull the trigger and it would end up being pulled on us instead.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #236

Groovy, that's cool, your smart enough to know yourself well enough. I've personaly never had a problem while camping either. I have had a couple sketchy situations while on the job however, that were defused without ever having to actually draw my weapon. Thankfully
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #237

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't ask, Don't tell is my motto in the firearms world. But my favorite piece of protection is a Glock 27 with Golden Sabres in it. It does well to protect both residences.
If I'm feeling a bit nostalgic it will be my Smith 36 with some Plus P's in it.
But for the most part I'm a Happy Camper.........

Regards,
RovinOn
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #238

Interesting topic. For those folks that are interested in knowing the local gun laws here is a good resource.

Handgunlaw.us

I haven't read all 17 pages of this thread so I am sorry if this is a repost.