Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #43

Sean Connery. Said it best " why bring a knife to a gun fight" ..., going to take my CHL , but carry glock. 40 cal
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #44

Howdy,

In all my years of camping even as a kid never had a issue..but I do keep a 12G pump loaded with buck shot and I also keep a Sig Sauer P225 9MM for the wife on her side and I keep a Sig Sauer P226 40 Cal on my side... But make sure you have training as well and know what your doing... I also keep plenty of extra guns and ammo on board for traget pratice and hunting when we go to the country land
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Best to use situational awareness to reduce your need to defend yourself... that said... if you see trouble brewing... call 911 right away AND be prepared to DEFEND YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY, as police protection is often too late to do much but put up yellow tape and take reports.

"When seconds count, police are only minutes away."

On board the coach while we travel: A large Golden Lab with a big deep bark, a couple of shotguns, an AR-15, a .308 Bolt action rifle, 3 Glock nines, 1 GLock fotyfiv, 2 S&W pocket revolvers, 1 Kahr PM9. We travel throughout the country to both remote as well as city areas, enjoy shooting guns as a hobby, and like to be well-prepared so as to not be at the mercy of disrespectful scumbags. If we had to deal with bad people, dangerous animals, or survive by hunting... we feel we've got decent odds of prevailing until help can arrive.

The media would have a field day describing this "massive arms cache" but the truth of the matter is that we are fully law abiding, upstanding, respectful and highly productive members of society, who pay substantially painful taxes in support to the financial operation of this country, and support the right to self protection against law breakers and those who disrespect the lives of others. Yep... we're armed!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #46

The Arnold's, it's your call, personally, I stay away from areas that are sketchy, I'd never stay over at a rest area. If having a firearm is not your cup of tea, there are other options for defense , pepper spray, taser, etc. as far as your kids go, teach them so they know what to do & what not to do with firearms. Not all kids are the same, but might not be giving them enough credit. My Kids know a bit about guns because I taught them. I don't do this, but I'm confident that I could leave a gun out on the table, & my kid would call me to tell me I left it out & ask me if I wanted it put up.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #47

A few people comment who clearly don't like guns or the talk of guns. There's a real easy way to not be offended by something you don't like. Just don't open & read the thread, it's really that easy.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
If you have problems, call 911 and follow their advice. They will send people with guns immediately, if needed.
Calling 911 is the first thing you do. But more often than not, the police don't actually ARRIVE until AFTER the bad deed is done. So... call 911 and be prepared to defend YOURSELF immediately.

Shooting is a last resort, of course, but if it comes down to that, would you prefer to be at the mercy of a wild animal or a disrespectful bunch of scumbags or have a half-decent chance of fending them off and protecting your family and yourself? I'll choose the latter any time.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #49

Calling 911 is first is great advise, butThat's not always an option.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Don't ask, don't tell.
That's my way of thinking.......
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
A few people comment who clearly don't like guns or the talk of guns. There's a real easy way to not be offended by something you don't like. Just don't open & read the thread, it's really that easy.
I follow "attempted gun threads" on every site at which I'm a member, for the purpose of assessing each site's dedication to its own rules about/prohibitions against such topics, if avowed.

This site's remarkably inconsistent in that department, though that may just be due to the Moderators being busy elsewhere.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #52

Have the people that have to carry guns to
feel safe, and dog owners stay at the same
campgrounds.that way they can shoot the pooping
barking dogs. maybe not the dogs, maybe the
dogs owner for not picking it up,
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #53

If someone reaches threw the window to choke or hurt my wife, you don't think I'd pop him or her? I'd call 911 after the fact. You people are either brain washed or naive. Chicago and Illinois has a no gun allowed period, and see what happened over the Memorial Holiday? 40 shootings. How is this possible?

Some Harley rider got into a scuffle with a Grandfather and his 6 year old Grandson over the weekend in St Louis and when he reached in to pull him out of his car the old guy popped him in the shoulder. If he wasn't armed, the Old Man had probably been beat to death.

Makes you think twice about giving someone else a load of your crap, doesn't it.
Don't know who is carrying do you?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #54

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I'll go ahead and chime in with my standard reply:

I have a fire extinguisher in my RV that I've never had to use in all my years. I have a gun in my RV that I'ver never had to use. I hope I'll never need either one, but if I do, I'll have them.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #55

Exactly. Be prepared. Why buy insurance? Because something might happen but you hope it never does.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #56

Armed? Very much so don't enter and don't die and would not hesitate to put 16 in you before they hit the ground. It could be a zombie people eater.