Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan

Thanks! Trip was great and as expected no bears bothered us. We had fun in the camp site with empty cans on tree branches and a co2 bb pistol.
Anyone......anybody.....please help me understand how this constitutes "responsible" and"safe" use of a firearm? Even if it was "only" a BB gun.

Wolfpack...

Please tell me you were totally secluded in your campsite and that there was no one else around.

Please tell me this was an "approved" area for target practice.

Please tell me there was no alcohol involved.

Please tell me there were no children involved.

Please help me understand "why" the unarmed camper should feel safe camped next the armed neighbor popping rounds (albeit BB) into the trees around their site.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #198
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Am I Armed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I'm armed. I have one on each side.

Yup! A left Arm and a right Arm! That's all you can carry in Canada.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #199

Jack, assuming nobody was behind or around the target, I don't see any reason to believe he was being irresponsible or unsafe.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454
Jack, assuming nobody was behind or around the target, I don't see any reason to believe he was being irresponsible or unsafe.
I know, I know.....your Honor...we shouldn't have been firing off rounds into the trees behind our campsite....your right ....those beer cans were not exactly threatening me or the family.....BUT...how was I to know that kid was going to be chasing her cat behind our site?......I ASSUMED her parents would be more responsible!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #201

National RV Owners Club
Relax Jack. It was a perfectly safe environment and we weren't just out there having a hoot-n-nanny with a bb gun. No other campers were adjacent to us, the back stop area was safe and no alcohol was involved. Children were not involved because there were none. I've taught gun safety to children, adults and soldiers. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #202
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was taught firearm safety from a very young age. Any firearm is considered loaded and dangerous. In the hands of someone not properly trained in firearm safety, it is even more dangerous.

I encourage anyone that wants to keep a firearm around the home, to pay to take a firearm safety course....and listen to the instructor.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan
Relax Jack. It was a perfectly safe environment and we weren't just out there having a hoot-n-nanny with a bb gun. No other campers were adjacent to us, the back stop area was safe and no alcohol was involved. Children were not involved because there were none. I've taught gun safety to children, adults and soldiers. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.
Fair enough.......On the other hand, you might want to re-think this activity before your next camping trip. Either that or lawyer-up, since In Cal. & Nevada it is a criminal offense to discharge a firearm in a public space such as a campground!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
If you have problems, call 911 and follow their advice. They will send people with guns immediately, if needed.
huh? how does this happen.

First: service is not always available.
Second: no response is quick enough when seconds matter.

America is great. If you don't like guns, you don't need to have them.
However, if you want them, it's a right, and you can have them.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #205

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234

Fair enough.......On the other hand, you might want to re-think this activity before your next camping trip. Either that or lawyer-up, since In Cal. & Nevada it is a criminal offense to discharge a firearm in a public space such as a campground!
Thanks for the tip Jack. You are correct sir. I didn't realize Ca considered a bb gun a firearm till I researched it.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
.177 caliber or larger is a firearm in Nevada too, even when propelled by compressed air, but I've never heard of an NRS that states shooting in public space is illegal. In fact in my Hunter's Safety Course, the shooting was done in a public place. I have law enforcement friends that have taken me shooting in public places. The issue of shooting in public places being illegal has never come up. Being that some of us RV in Nevada, I'd like to see the NRS on that one.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #207

So if its considered a firearm, do we have to get a permit?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #208

Winnebago Owners Club
^ If you're going to carry it concealed? Yes, as relates to NV.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #209

National RV Owners Club
No permit required in Nevada for open carry. One of few states that still allow it. Don't be foolish with the law & go into a bank open carrying though. It's frowned upon by the bank folks & police.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #210

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Please tell me there were no children involved.
Children should be involved, how else are they going to learn gun safety?
Closed Thread