Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
That's the good stuff. Give me a comfy chair and a cold Dr Pepper and I can watch that stuff all day.
I've seen a lot of silly things also … hope nobody watches me
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
A code phrase for "damn her soul".

No it's not.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #31

Think about this, if she got it to stay in sewer drain and the hose was 2 feet of the ground and she pulled the black tank drain.[emoji90]
Old 06-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #32
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The hose would have stretched and she would have been successful!

I think this post backfired a little. I admire women taking on some of the roles traditionally held by men, especially women who decided to venture out on their own in an RV. When I see a solo woman camping and she's struggling with something, I give her a few minutes so that I don't appear to be an overbearing man, than offer some help.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

I think this post backfired a little. I admire women taking on some of the roles traditionally held by men, especially women who decided to venture out on their own in an RV. When I see a solo woman camping and she's struggling with something, I give her a few minutes so that I don't appear to be an overbearing man, than offer some help.
^^^ THIS. It works with men, too.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

So it could have been a man just as easy, how did post backfire. It has nothing to do with man or woman it has to do with someone not knowing what they are doing and the possible consequences of poop going everywhere.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #35

I was going to say something but all ya all can forget it
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I leave the elbow on my waste hose and after screwing it into the ground fitting, I can work the twists in the hose out, connecting it to the RV last.

Doesn't that make sense ?
I suppose, but really, how kinked or twisted does a sewer hose ever get? All depends on storage and length of the hose I guess. Ours stays hooked up to the discharge fitting (think I've removed it once in 16 years) and lays in the bay with one reverse in it when not in use. Open the bay door, insert the loose end into the campsite or dump station sewer drain, and pull the valve. Never anything to untangle,, easy peasy.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:53 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojim View Post
I've seen a lot of silly things also … hope nobody watches me
Oh the things DH and I have done. Thank goodness it is a new group of on lookers every time.

I don't understand why people keep stating there would be sewage on the ground. I don't know about you folks, but we don't open the black or gray until both ends are attached.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:07 AM   #38

At least she was outside doing something and not sitting home on the couch eating doritos. Give her credit.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Also, in TX, go over and offer to help. Maybe suggest she move the camper somewhat closer? See if she's hurt? Always good to offer help--her choice to accept/decline.
I'm from NY. Not the city but the northern region. I would not have hesitated to go over and offer to help her out. At the least she could make the decision whether to accept my offer.
I find it laughable when I read about which end of a drain hose to hook up first. With the valve closed if you assemble the hose to the tank outlet and put the hose into the drain properly you won't have a leakage problem. Be sure connections are tight then open the valve. I keep my valves closed unless I am draining my tanks.
I would never leave my drain hose attached to the drain valve. After I am done camping and getting ready to move I close the drain valves, remove the drain hose and use my adapter to rinse the drain hose(s) completely. No, I don't use my fresh water hose to rinse the drain hose. I place the cap over the camper's drain tube and assure it's locked securely in place.
I cap both ends of my drain hose(s) and store them in my wet bay.
All my adapters and fittings are cleaned and stored in Zip Lock bags while not in use. I store these in a plastic container while traveling or not using them. I also have an old plastic dishpan I can place under the drain opening of the coach when i remove the cap just in case there has been any seepage.
I treat my wet bay as well as most folks would treat their kitchen. I never have a foul odor coming from the wet bay compartment. It only takes a couple extra minutes to do the additional steps to assure everything is in order before heading out. No surprises when I go to hook up the system at the next stop.
Lynn
Old 06-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I'm from NY. Not the city but the northern region. I would not have hesitated to go over and offer to help her out. At the least she could make the decision whether to accept my offer.
I find it laughable when I read about which end of a drain hose to hook up first. With the valve closed if you assemble the hose to the tank outlet and put the hose into the drain properly you won't have a leakage problem. Be sure connections are tight then open the valve. I keep my valves closed unless I am draining my tanks.
I would never leave my drain hose attached to the drain valve. After I am done camping and getting ready to move I close the drain valves, remove the drain hose and use my adapter to rinse the drain hose(s) completely. No, I don't use my fresh water hose to rinse the drain hose. I place the cap over the camper's drain tube and assure it's locked securely in place.
I cap both ends of my drain hose(s) and store them in my wet bay.
All my adapters and fittings are cleaned and stored in Zip Lock bags while not in use. I store these in a plastic container while traveling or not using them. I also have an old plastic dishpan I can place under the drain opening of the coach when i remove the cap just in case there has been any seepage.
I treat my wet bay as well as most folks would treat their kitchen. I never have a foul odor coming from the wet bay compartment. It only takes a couple extra minutes to do the additional steps to assure everything is in order before heading out. No surprises when I go to hook up the system at the next stop.
Lynn
Wow sounds like you have your together
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #41
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
So it could have been a man just as easy, how did post backfire. It has nothing to do with man or woman it has to do with someone not knowing what they are doing and the possible consequences of poop going everywhere.
I think the post backfired because you thought everyone would find what she was doing ridiculous, but instead, most said they would go to help, rather than mock her.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:04 PM   #42

Lakewood campground someone wasn’t looking.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	251469