Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #29
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
-4 here in southwestern Indiana with windchill of -23

We haven't even been back a year, lived near Houston for 20 years, Dallas for 10.

I just called a realtor in Florida looking for a winter place, either house or motorhome lot. I don't think I will be spending many winters up here. Hubby retires in 2 years, we came back up as his mom is having memory issues. When he is home we can take her with us till we finally have to put her in a nursing home. She isn't ready yet. I doubt she will go with us, but we will see. I just can't handle her and DD who is mentally challenged by myself. Just have to see how it plays out. I am getting ready to head out in a couple of weeks for 3 to 7 weeks.

He is on a project in Lobito, Africa and had his flight cancelled out of Indi so waiting to see if he can get out Wed, by the way its 90 where he is working. I told him there is something wrong with this picture.

PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-610222121.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	53356

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #31

Was a brisk 22 degrees in Tallahassee, Florida this AM, and forecast for 25 or so tomorrow morning. We see these temps pretty regularly here, but usually in the last week of January.
Home or RV in these temps sure beats tent camping - which I have done in this weather!
Nice thing is we don't get that funky chilly white stuff y'all get up north.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
Here in Naples its a balmy 54 degrees... brrr better put on some jeans its gonna get cold!

Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #33

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yesterday morning (1-6-14) at 0545, the thermostat said the outside temp was 15 degrees here in DFW Metroplex, right in the center.

The heat pump for the sticks and bricks knew better than to try to wring heat from that temperature, so on came the inside heat strips, hotter than fire, and warmed the house up 5 degrees in about 5 minutes.

Only thing wrong with that is the inside heat strips draw around 70-80 amps while the outside heat pump only draws about 18-19 amps. BIG difference! But I can count the times we've had that cold temp here in DFW over the past 21 years on one hand, so thank heaven its not too often!

Anyone else notice how the forecasters were having a thrilling time calling this winter weather incursion a 'POLAR VORTEX'?
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #34
Damon Owners Club
Down here on the Gulf coast in Alabama for the winter.
Disconnected city water .... opened the grey water valve...set the furnace to 65F.
Woke up to outside temps in the low 20's....city water-valve frozen solid.
Once temps reached their high of 34F for the day, took a heatgun to the city-water valve, reconnected, and got water flowing to the RV.
Tonite I will leave a small stream of water running outta the kitchen faucet
and see if that saves me from havin' to use the heatgun tomorrow.
dapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is cold here in Palm Springs also! Won't be back in the upper 70's until this weekend. They are airing public service announcements telling people to get out of their cargo shorts and put on long pants!

Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote