Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #1

Atwood furnace 8535-IV-DCLP not working

Hello to all. My furnace would not work. It is 12% out side. I hade it set to 70 when we left to get food and things. Got back no heat ? The thermostat said 41on it but in side was 6%. So I tryed to rest it to 70 but now the fan or heat not turning on?Any one have this happen. We are about 1100 miles from a big town? Let me know if any one can help. Thank hod the gen was still running , so we can use small heaters for now. Please gas working on stove and water heat to. Just not the furnace. Let me know what I need to look at? Thks.
Wino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2017, 11:31 PM   #2

when you try and turn the furnace on,
1. does the fan turn on?
2. nothing happen?
3. fan comes, flame ignites, but goes back out, relights and repeats?

if 1. the fan runs then turns off after a minute, with no attemp to ignite, your sail switch has failed or is sticking (chen with a ohm meter to verify)
if 2, double check fuses
if 3, your flame sense/ignitor failed

you can take the outside panel off, and cycle the system, there is a LED on the control board that will flash trouble codes. Good luck and stay warm!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #3

No the fan dose not come on. The thermostat say it's 41 deg in side rv ? Re power the hole rv and still no fan? It's hard to get to the furnace it seats in the middle of of the rv undre the floor? Hard to get a look at.you have to be a very small person to get to it? Dum place to put it. This thermostat controls the ac to? I did pull of the out side panel but no board their? Look all over for it? Must be in side the back side can't get their. Called a dealer and told that I have to bring it to them? Told them iam in Canad up north. 1100 miles from no where? Then he said good luck and then the phone hung up? Well guess wait until spring when snow gone then go find a dealer to help out? Bad part it will be out of warranty by then? Thks for info.guess will try to figure out how to get it out?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #4

This happened to me. Had the Electric heater barley on, sitting below the thermastat
Wrenchch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #5

The heater is in the tv room at the back of rv . Thermostat is up front by bath room?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #6

It's in a keystone raptor mp300 2015
Old 01-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #7

your going to have to gain access to the heater, there's a circuit breaker in there that might have tripped. the furnace is also all 12v, have you checked the fuse?

this is the Manuel for your furnace (page 12 has your model)
Hydroflame Manuel
Old 01-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #8

Circuit barker it has none that looks like in pic, just on / off switch use ommetter and all is good on power? The Maine border has a red light that flashes very slow like 1 every 3 seconds? So till in the cold ?thks for the help I will keep trying to find the short? Dam cold to night here -40 wind really moving to night north to south.let me what else to look at? Thks
Old 01-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #9

So do I need to to take the 6 pin plug off of board for the test of the two,wires?
Old 02-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #10

So I got a new board from dinosaur elec. and replace the sail switch and guess what we have heat? Thank god .. now our level up system. After calling Keystone, they would do nothing for me give. 100.00$ toward the 676.30 for the system.? Wow now it will take me about 4 and a 1/2 to save for it? Being a veteran with no legs and 1 arm they reall did not care.... so I called LCI, maker of the system. Well talk to John, and told him about what happen and Wow the are sending me the touch pad and control board.. Thank you John from LCI..you will save me. It will be here soon. Thk god I will be able to leave here back down south. All is good.LCI are the best people. Thk you all. Any how to all the help every one gave me. Thk you all.........ps Keystone you should a shamed for how you did not help. Shame on you.........some day you might need help and we will not help you.....Thks all
Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear you are safe and warm again.

Re; Dino boards.. Did you take a good look at it? I did when I got mine, and I was impressed, SERIOUSLY impressed... (not all that easy to do)

That board gave me a feeling of QUALITY!!! that the OEM simply did not have (At twice the price plus).. Not only that but I have a theory as to how my OEM board died.. It appears (Without checking with Dinosaur boards) they share my theory.. Because on my Fan-50 board there is a neat little protection device,, Ideally located on the board.. to prevent JUST what I think happened to my OEM board... (A gas discharge tube, over voltage protection device) ... Can't argue with folks who think the same as I do..
Old 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #12

The fan 50 and the people that make it are great. As for price way better then factor one.i also put in line a shut off power, that helps when gen starts up with some voltage spikes some time...that helps a lot to. But I do have both boards just if one gives out. Warm now...
Old 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #13

Glad you are warm,and thank you for your service. Sorry to hear about your limbs, but it sounds like you are coping well. What war and what service?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #14

Army ranger 2/75th fort Lewis,wa and 9th INF 3/39th A co 1967-1980 Vietnam long range

Tags
ace, atwood, furnace