Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Automatic leveling questionable

After automatic leveling, do you sometimes feel like you are not really level? Like your bathroom door sometimes stays wide open and sometimes it slams shut by itself? What do you do about it
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
Community Administrator

You may be to gave them re calibrated. I sometimes use the manual mode to adjust the low side .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

You might want to verify the aux air pump/compressor is working. That's what maintains the air supply necessary to keep it level. The system "wakes up" every so often to check for level. If it's off, it will add/ subtract air. Just had to replace ours.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #4

Since mine was new, I have had to adjust level. Have had the check valves replaced, no change. I notice it is worse on soft ground and after travel once at destination, frequency of adjustment diminish after a day or two. I chalked it up to extreme chasis heat from the road and settling ground.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
You might want to verify the aux air pump/compressor is working. That's what maintains the air supply necessary to keep it level. The system "wakes up" every so often to check for level. If it's off, it will add/ subtract air. Just had to replace ours.
I believe the Solei is like mine, hydraulic leveling. It wouldn't use air for stationary leveling.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have similar experiences. Sometimes it says level successful, but still shows -0.4 to the right. I manually tweak it.

I thought maybe I needed to reset 0, but it already knows it's not at 0, so that wouldn't help.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ours is mostly quite good, but on uneven ground it sometimes gives up before it gets it perfect. I've had to re-calibrate it a couple times in 10 years.

Softer ground allows one or more jacks to sink in over a couple days and may have to re-level or adjust manually.

[Ours is an Equalizer brand leveling system].
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

There should be a precedure in your owners manual, or you may have to go to the web site of whoever provided the leveling hardware and find out how to reset the level point. In my case it called setting the null, which is basically telling the system what you mean by level.

For mine, I find a fairly level spot to begin with, then using a bubble level placed in the center of the mh manually level the unit until I'm happy. Then I have set press a couple of buttons and now the system knows what I mean by level. The system remembers and tries to get to this level point when I press auto level.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Had to recalibrate mine after purchase, all good now
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #10

The allowable error stated by HWH is fairly large. That said, mine's always down by the front a little.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would think that any automatic leveling system would have a provision for adjusting for actual level! In your case, it should be in warranty. Just take it back to the dealer for adjustment! Use a long carpenter's level to check it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
We felt ours was not leveling correctly too. I purchased one of those 4-way LED leveling guides that you can set on the floor. When all LEDs are green, you're level. I compare that to my HWH panel and if they agree, I'm fine. If they don't agree, I will manually adjust the jacks until they are.

Works for me.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I double check ours each time we level with torpedo level. If it auto levels, it's pretty level. If it does not auto level use the torpedo level to manually level. I check it two places - on the floor between the front seats and mid/rear on the floor in the bathroom / bedroom entry.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I always check the bathroom door after auto level is complete. Open the door to 45 degrees; if it stays put all is well. If it moves I do a little manual tweaking. My levelers have a procedure for recalibrating if necessary.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling