Avoid grease burns cooking gravy
This didn't happen to my SIL in an RV but the lesson is still there for anyone cooking in their RV or even outside on a Coleman stove. She was fixing a big dinner recently for all the relatives, was making a big skillet of turkey gravy and undoubtedly let it come to a hard boil down low without stirring. I think it's called roiling. When she put the wisk in to start back to stirring it exploded spewing hot grease on her, the stove top, kitchen wall, and all over the floor. Lucky she closed her eyes and managed to turn her head enough to protect her face and eyes but did get some burns on her hands and neck. Guess something like that needs to be constantly stirred while coming to a boil.
She's over 60 and been cooking all her life but I guess this was something she just never thought about or had incurred before.
Something I'll always remember from now on.