Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Arch Hoagland's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clovis, CA, USA
Posts: 5,904
I know for a fact that they check for that in central California around the Fresno area.

Not a lot of checking but they do look for it.

My daughter works in agriculture and travels to all the orchards in the central valley and she has seen the CHP testing a couple times.
__________________

__________________
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I know for a fact that they check for that in central California around the Fresno area.

Not a lot of checking but they do look for it.

My daughter works in agriculture and travels to all the orchards in the central valley and she has seen the CHP testing a couple times.
When I change my fuel filter I pre fill it with Transmission Fluid, which is red and can be seen in the clear water trap at the bottom of the filter. It takes alot of driving before it turns clear again. I have often wondered if they would dip the tank if they saw that red in the fuel filter.
It's nice that our CHP has nothing better to do than dip tanks in RV's.
__________________

__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 3,716
Before the days of cell phones I witnessed a crime one night on my way to work. It was a convenience store being robbed. I drove to the nearest pay phone and phoned the police and gave them a description of the vehicle and two males in it, along with a partial licence number. They asked my name and a whole bunch of other questions and told me to wait there and they came down and put me in the police car and searched my vehicle. They then did a complete background search on me and after two weeks they phoned me and said I was cleared in their investigation. Will I report a crime again? Not likely!!
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 04 Dodge/Cummins 01 Citation 29.rk fifth wheel.RVM59
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #46
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Before the days of cell phones I witnessed a crime one night on my way to work. It was a convenience store being robbed. I drove to the nearest pay phone and phoned the police and gave them a description of the vehicle and two males in it, along with a partial licence number. They asked my name and a whole bunch of other questions and told me to wait there and they came down and put me in the police car and searched my vehicle. They then did a complete background search on me and after two weeks they phoned me and said I was cleared in their investigation. Will I report a crime again? Not likely!!
Thats Canada.. never had that happen here even though some arrests were made from one of my calls..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
I appoligize but if I let my camper go down a hill a little over the speed limit is some body going to make a call to the Police? When somebody hires a illegal alien to do yard work in their yard are you going to call the IRS and turn me in? There's going to be a lot of calls being made across America on tattiling on one another. I see your reasoning but if you see me doing something wrong, tell me and get the facts before jumping to conclusions. I wish I had a separate fuel tank just for my generator, maybe he did. On my first DP in 19995 we had a gas gen and a diesel engine, 2 separate tanks. All I'm saying , I'm too busy with my own back yard to worry about your weeds.
You're getting carried away with the example of going over the speed limit a bit. You zip by me doing 90 when the limit is 70, darned right I'm calling the gendarmes. If I know for a fact (and can prove it) someone is employing illegal aliens, again, darned right I'm calling someone, only it would be the INS or, if in Maricopa County, the Sherrif's office.

I used to confront wrongdoers before calling the police but it rarely did any good, no matter how nice I was (or wasn't) and it generally just ticked them off so now I don't waste my time anymore; I just call now.

Even your weed example doesn't wash. You should be concerned about my weeds since they will spread to your yard, could affect your allergies, reduce your property value, etc.

The reason people are getting away with rude behaviors and law breaking is because they know people are too cowardly and/or apathetic to do anything about it.
__________________
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
You can't block the police from knowing what number you are calling from any more so than you can block the banks from knowing when you call to verify a new credit card. I have automatic call blocking and when I was setting up a "Telemergency" for my mother, it automatically dialed 911 after the first three numbers didn't answer. I hung up before they answered, but a policeman was at my door within minutes. He even wanted to search my house to see if I was hiding someone else inside that could have called.

Another time I called the non-emergency police number to report a vehicle sitting on the street with cob webs hanging off the tires and no current registration. I did not say who I was or give my number, but I got a call back.
Curious. Everytime I called 911 or Tempe's finest (I had the police emergency number memorized), they asked for the phone number I was calling from (I used to work third shift at Circle K in a bad neighborhood so I called them a lot; I think I knew half the police in Tempe).
__________________
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Slick, one time, I rode with my GF's son, who was with the Highway Patrol. He got a call that a woman was on an over-pass threatening to toss her baby off of it. We went there at a high rate of speed to find the police, sheriff and fire department there. The woman was not there. It was a diversion for drug runners or coyotes to distract law enforcement away from the route they were actually using.

The police that did that to you may have suspected the same thing.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Curious. Everytime I called 911 or Tempe's finest (I had the police emergency number memorized), they asked for the phone number I was calling from (I used to work third shift at Circle K in a bad neighborhood so I called them a lot; I think I knew half the police in Tempe).
They know. I think it might be a way to verify, for whatever reason.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
slickest1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: B.C.
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Slick, one time, I rode with my GF's son, who was with the Highway Patrol. He got a call that a woman was on an over-pass threatening to toss her baby off of it. We went there at a high rate of speed to find the police, sheriff and fire department there. The woman was not there. It was a diversion for drug runners or coyotes to distract law enforcement away from the route they were actually using.

The police that did that to you may have suspected the same thing.
Your probably right. Good thing I didn't have a record! I don't think they even followed up on the info. I gave them.
__________________
Dennis & Marcie & Captain Hook The Jack Russell,aka PUP, 04 Dodge/Cummins 01 Citation 29.rk fifth wheel.RVM59
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East Texas
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I pulled into a Conoco station to fuel up and there was another DP in the opposite stall fueling up. I didn't pay too much attention at first but as I waited I glanced over to see him filling with off road red dyed fuel. I made the comment did he know that was off road fuel and he said yep and it's 47 cents a gallon cheaper than the stuff you're pumping. I said well there's a hefty fine if your caught using that fuel and he said no one has ever been stopped and tested while driving a class A coach. I left wondering if he had a Montana LLC too, but Montana LLC's are legal. I'd be afraid to do this for the small amount gained.
here at our stations the off road fuel or farm fuel is all by itself in a stand alone pump...it would be hard to sneak a 40 ft dp in and fill up

but filling 5 gallons jugs for the tractors is easy
__________________
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition Toad on Hauler flat bed
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #53
JC2
Senior Member
 
JC2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mo/Texas
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
You're getting carried away with the example of going over the speed limit a bit. You zip by me doing 90 when the limit is 70, darned right I'm calling the gendarmes. If I know for a fact (and can prove it) someone is employing illegal aliens, again, darned right I'm calling someone, only it would be the INS or, if in Maricopa County, the Sherrif's office.

I used to confront wrongdoers before calling the police but it rarely did any good, no matter how nice I was (or wasn't) and it generally just ticked them off so now I don't waste my time anymore; I just call now.

Even your weed example doesn't wash. You should be concerned about my weeds since they will spread to your yard, could affect your allergies, reduce your property value, etc.

The reason people are getting away with rude behaviors and law breaking is because they know people are too cowardly and/or apathetic to do anything about it.
So true. My hat is off to you for your tenacity.
__________________
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
I'm gonna stay on my side of town.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #55
JC2
Senior Member
 
JC2's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mo/Texas
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I'm gonna stay on my side of town.
__________________
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 2,246
I am waiting for someone with a 2008 or later diesel to ruin their DPF by using high sulphur fuel. That will wipe out the "savings" really fast.
__________________

__________________
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fuel



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.