Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Awsome roof cleaner!

So, I just cleaned our coach roof and it looks like new. I used the cleaner called Awsome that I have used for years around my boat.
I just squirted it on and brushed with my wash brush and even the crusties came off! I have done this several times before with different soaps and bleach on my hand and knees with a stiff brush and a plastic scrapper with marginal success.
I have no connection with the company, just passing along info that made my life easier.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	236829Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1399.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	236830
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOZE TRAVEL View Post
So, I just cleaned our coach roof and it looks like new. I used the cleaner called Awsome that I have used for years around my boat.
I just squirted it on and brushed with my wash brush and even the crusties came off! I have done this several times before with different soaps and bleach on my hand and knees with a stiff brush and a plastic scrapper with marginal success.
I have no connection with the company, just passing along info that made my life easier.Attachment 236829Attachment 236830
i've used it on trailers and other white things with success - curious, what it does to the sides of the Coach - all the wax removed - any damage to the finish.......

Let us Know,

Thanks,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I’m sure it will remove wax if sprayed on directly. I rinsed with a lot of water and didn’t see any streaking on the sides. Just spots from desert water.
It did a nice job on the slide toppers and canopy too!
My coach has full body paint so I can’t say what gel coat will look like. It may leave streaks but they would be clean streaks!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #4

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a very dirty roof that has resisted proper cleaning so have ordered some Awesome cleaner from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOZE TRAVEL View Post
I’m sure it will remove wax if sprayed on directly. I rinsed with a lot of water and didn’t see any streaking on the sides. Just spots from desert water.
It did a nice job on the slide toppers and canopy too!
My coach has full body paint so I can’t say what gel coat will look like. It may leave streaks but they would be clean streaks!
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I have a very dirty roof that has resisted proper cleaning so have ordered some Awesome cleaner from Amazon.
No need for Amazon. It's $1.00 per bottle at Dollar Tree. Great stuff. I use it to clean the black streaks off my Motorcycle trailer.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
No need for Amazon. It's $1.00 per bottle at Dollar Tree. Great stuff. I use it to clean the black streaks off my Motorcycle trailer.
----

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #7

I use it diluted with water in a garden sprayer to clean to awning.......spray the top side really good, roll up awning and let set 10 minutes, unroll and rinse top and bottom...both sides done....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #8

Last time I did that with Awsome it ran down my side and streaked my decals on my 5er, I'll never use that stuff again, is that what you used Bob? I then bought what the OP posted about, after reading the label said to my self this is also dangerous. If that stuff go's down you sides it will differently eitch your sides, be quick with water...
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #9

Yep Glenn, that's what I use.....I wet down the side wall first, and applied it from the roof....only on the top side....and diluted....for the roof, I use car wash soap and a medium bristled brush.....on my knees!.....lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #10

For our vintage boats, classic car, newer cars, SUV's, trucks etc... soon to be included will be an RV - we're in the search for a cool vintage motorhome - reviewing one this eve!:

Cleaner Ingredients

- 2 gallon garden sprayer...
- fill 80% with water
- add 3 cups simple green
- add 2 cups straight laundry bleach

[depending on dirt/mold thickness more or less cleaning ingredients]

Hose-off surface first. On pre wet surface spray mixture. Let stand for couple to a few minutes. Briskly standing broom surface back and forth with fairly soft bristle. Hose-off surface and all proximity surfaces. Do not allow cleaner to dry on surface. Repeat as needed. Be careful not to get on cloths or other cloth fabrics.

Works well for me and does not seem to affect paints or rubber or plastic parts. Depending on bleach concentration may affect waxes??
RM Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Awesome is a great cleaner, but, if used straight, can damage or remove paint. Be careful with it and you should have no trouble.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #12

I have seen other cleaners that they recommend taping plastic around the rv roof to cover the sides up. This will prevent solutions running down the sides, and affecting painted areas. Might be good advice here as well. Even thin 2 mil poly applied with painters tape would save your finish. It does appear to clean the roof good. My roof needs similar attention. Normal cleaners and elbow grease only had limited success.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Visited Dollar Tree and they have several different types of Awesome. Is everyone using the same type? I picked up a spray bottle of their Orange Blast, but not sure if that is the one everyone is talking about or not.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
I just used plain old Awsome. Took almost a whole $1 bottle to do entire roof of 37’ coach in about 30 minutes.

Tags
roof