Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Not every drug will work the same on everyone!! Just be careful taking anything new. Both Thom and I take it and it has done nothing but lower somewhat our cholesterol numbers. Thom's been taking it for about 3 or 4 years and I have been taking it for just over a year. Done nothing for my pain. Done nothing for anything else. Just lowered our cholesterol numbers a little.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #58

Try Nopalea it's a cactus derived glucosine drink that's been arround for centuries. Maybe it will help you.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasright View Post
I currently take 1500mg capsules I Bought on amazon in a three for one price special. I get two a day cause the center took them away so they could regulate how many I take. I'd probably take at least five a day to lower my bp and cholesterol faste. My bp is down to 142 /78 and my cholesterol is 158 but both need to go lower. I'm trying to get my nephew to stop by King pharmacy, one block over and buy me a bottle or two. They're selling 1000mg capsules fot $13. For 30 capsule bottles. I would eat them like candy just to shock the doctors. They're do blind. They didn't even know about krill oil till I told them and now they're prescribing it. I wonder how much they're billing Medicare for it. Any wonder why I want to es cape this place and theHHA system. O wish the damn judge wpuld release the ###""! Mpney!
Are you sure that everything you write is the way it is? A doctor cannot prescribe a medication that is not FADA listed, and Medicare would not pay for it. Any Krill Omega 3 is a food supplement and cannot prescribed!
Anybody who is taking prescribed medications, or many different food supplements should contact their doctor prior to taking any new/different supplements to avoid any possible negative drug interactions!
Glucosamine is a well studied drug, and there are better sources for it than cactus plants. People with heart problems might better ask their doc if it is OK to take it, because the supplement can interact with other medications one might be taking — such as warfarin (Coumadin), a blood thinner.
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Sitting here after having two discs done one week ago. Neurosurgeon found calcium buildup on c6 an c7 in my neck. This created pressure on nerve root to my left side. Suffered some pain and tingling but found traction helped. Unfortunately, I lost approx 40% of the muscle mass in my left arm because the nerve was not firing the muscle correctly. Short story long, surgeon went in thru front of neck and removed calcium and used baskets to rebuild 2 discs. All went well except now I am wearing this lovely neck brace for the next 3months. Here's hoping the muscle comes back to original size.

Healing!
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #61

Hudsoner, I couldn't have said it better myself. Please notify your healthcare professionals about any supplement/OTC medication you are taking.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #62

This is what I use for minor back pains. You lay on your back on the floor or bed, put your ankles in the stirrups and press the side arms down a couple of times and hold it for 10 seconds each time. A member on irv2 recommended it.

Amazon.com: Teeter Hang Ups P3 Back Stretcher
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #63

Nice. They just checked my BP. It was 132/78. That's normal no medication needed.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #64

Now to work pn my cholesterol.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #65

iRV2 No Limits Club
I found an interesting link that talks about CRP Levels as they relate to inflammation.

They indicate specific styes of drugs - may be prescribed statin drugs as a treatment.

They do mention natural ways to reduce CRP and Krill Oil is specified.

Increased CRP can be related to cancer, heart disease, lupus, inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other ailments. - See more at: The Healthy Traveler: Lower Your C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Level Naturally

The Healthy Traveler: Lower Your C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Level Naturally
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #66

iRV2 No Limits Club
FYI Ref. Krill Oil.

The wife and I just left the Dr. Office after her appointment.
For those that do not know, she has gone from a blood glucose
count of over 1,000 and near death (undiagnosed diabetes) to
now NO medication at all.

Totally controlled by diet and exercise, this is within a 2 year period.
She also had open heart surgery Christmas Week of Dec. 2012 and
a heart valve was replaced.

She asked about her Dr. about Krill Oil.
He was familiar with it and said it was fine for her to take if she wanted
to as there no adverse interactions with the heart medications. All her blood work now is within normal limits including cholesterol. He does not "prescribe" non-prescription medications or supplements.
He was however fine with it.

I have been taking Krill Oil for a month now.
I have noticed that the arthritis pain, swelling and stiffness especially
in my hands and other joints have been reduced.

The wife stated that it must be working as I do not appear to be in pain
as much as before. It has also reduced the soreness associated with my
back problems.

I will see how much my cholesterol has dropped after the first of the year.
I am taking the recommended 1,000 mg twice a day.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #67

Solo Rvers Club
Hi Old Me,

I bought the Krill Oil when I posted last. I put it in the freezer--somewhere I read that it keeps the fish taste down. At any rate, I chickened out taking it. My daughter is in the medical field, and she said I should see my doctor first. I have an appointment at the end of October. I'm ready to tear my hair out so may just go ahead and take it to see if I can get some relief. The pain medication does nothing to help the pain when I'm standing. It does help when I'm lying down, but the pain isn't bad enough for me to take a full dose.

Thanks for your comment.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Been taking krill and other things for the last year for cholesterol and that is the ONLY thing it has helped with. Still taking pain pills, NO decrease in pain. Drugs will not work the same for everyone.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboPals View Post
Hi Old Me,

I bought the Krill Oil when I posted last. I put it in the freezer--somewhere I read that it keeps the fish taste down. At any rate, I chickened out taking it. My daughter is in the medical field, and she said I should see my doctor first. I have an appointment at the end of October. I'm ready to tear my hair out so may just go ahead and take it to see if I can get some relief. The pain medication does nothing to help the pain when I'm standing. It does help when I'm lying down, but the pain isn't bad enough for me to take a full dose.

Thanks for your comment.
You should work with your Doc on your pain medication. Nobody should have such pain that one can't stand because of it. There is a medication out there for you that works, you and you Doc just have to find it!
Check with your Doc or pharmacist prior to taking Krill Oil to avoid any possible counter reactions with other meds you are taking!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Been taking krill and other things for the last year for cholesterol and that is the ONLY thing it has helped with. Still taking pain pills, NO decrease in pain. Drugs will not work the same for everyone.
You, too should work with your Doc on your pain meds. because of the fact that drugs don't work the same for everyone, you and your Doc have to find the one that works for you! it took me about 6 month to find the right meds for my pain. I am now absolutely pain free from my back since about March of this year!

Tags
ada, chair lift, disability, disabled, disabled rvers, handicap, handicapped, wheelchair