Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #127

what is cornhole??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
It appears to me that when people take their children camping they let them run loose and do as they please. They seem to think that's what campgrounds are for. They either don't stop to consider the rest of us, or they plain don't care. The parents are too busy (from what I've seen) getting spaced out on alcoholic beverages and playing cornhole or dazed out watching outdoor TVs. We've learned to camp where there are few families because there isn't much for kids to do such as the COEs and a SP in our area. There may still be some kids around but not like some places we've been to.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #128

I've thought about this a bit and can tell you this, if I had left my generator running and someone came over and turned it off or shoved a carrot up the exhaust, I would be one p***ed off RVer. There could have been pets inside or someone ill that needed the AC. Someone could have died. If the generator is running and it's not quiet hour, keep your hands off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I had to run my genny during the day at a CG in Bandera, TX in the heat of summer. Voltage to the CG was too low, or a few hours that afternoon as more and more folks arrived drawing power, my EMS cut my power off for low voltage again and again. Then an entire row of the CG went off line, nobody had power the rest of the day or into the night.

Surely someone wouldn't run their generator to irritate or poison their neighbor? Not to mention the cost?

Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #129

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
The worst I remember was having to clean up a site we reserved at Poole Knobs in TN. This was several years ago. The people before us apparently had one or more large unwalked dogs on the site. There was dog poop all over the place. They also tossed a lot of trash in the firepit. Had there been other lakeside sites available, we would have insisted they allow us to move.
We were assigned a site as part of a group function, the site was a mess. We even had to move picnic tables out of the way to back in. The grounds keepers were cleaning unoccupied sites. We asked them to clean ours, which they willingly did. I believe in the future I would go to the office and request maintenance to clean a site as messy as the one you describe.

JoAnn
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #130

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

I ADMIT I FORGOT TO PICK UP A POOP! I AM THE ONE! PLEASE DON'T STONE ME!

But, there is a reason:

I admit, I missed a dropping from my dogs at the CG site we were at. I was finalizing departure preparation and had picked up all three pups poop that morning, they were all back in the coach, so how there was another mini pile there (over near the concrete picnic table I think) was beyond me, (geesh, it could have been someone elses doggy I guess-I just thought about that!) but I went to grab a pooper pack sack and got distracted by I had left the antenna up and then telling DC how to get it rolled down, blah blah, securing the shore cord, who knows what else and FORGOT about the poop till we were on the highway about 30 miles away. I certainly didn't plan it, but it doesn't make me feel better about it.

I have an extensive artillery of poop patrol and am very diligent with my canine kids, and have really never met anyone who isn't for that matter, BUT I'll tell you, nothing can prepare you for a CG with sites full of deer and rabbit droppings! My dogs (yes, poop eaters they are sometimes) thought these droppings were a delicacy! Geesh! I was at work for quite some time trying to minimize the droppings so the pups would QUIT EATING IT! You can spend all afternoon cleaning up and still not be on top of it.

So I guess life is messy sometimes, and we all have our good/bad points, some more of one than the other.

We ALL make mistakes, misjudge, jump to conclusions, are selfish, oblivious, and just don't understand everyting AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVES. NONE of us are perfect. Irritating Campground Manners are a result of one or more of these human traits. Hopefully the Humanity in most of us can recognize and remember these things, which will help us remember that our "bubble" in life is surrounded by millions of others, each with their own "bubble" of humanity, in all that it encompasses.

Ok, philosophical blah blah is over. Go on with the thread!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
Ahhh, ShadUP Lincoln boy !

darn Texicans think they know everything !!!!

(teasing of course )
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #132

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Ahhh, ShadUP Lincoln boy !

darn Texicans think they know everything !!!!

(teasing of course )
Kisses JohnBoyToo!

Love ya mor'n my luggage!

I do sound so much grander than I really am.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #133
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
what is cornhole??
It's the unfortunate name of a bean-bag tossing game.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #134

Thor Owners Club
Well now that we have celebrated all the bad behaviour how about a thread praising good/helpful behaviour?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #135

I just don't know but...

Maybe it's just me....

But I don't quite get the dog poo issue....

We go camping about once a month and frankly I just don't run into these issues like others here.

Do you "poo haters" get upset by the deer, the rabbits, racoons and possum as well? Heck in my home community we have these huge toads that leave mini-piles of feces bigger than my little Chihuahua

Maybe we should just eliminate all wildlife that doesn't clean up after itself!

Did you ever think that maybe it's just the campgrounds that you're going to?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #136

Sorry, some clarification please...
The droppings are larger than your dog droppings or your dog.
It is the black bear droppings that gets me. Don't they have them all locked up in zoos yet?
.......weird morning...... dreary.....
Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #137

One time we were camped next to a very busy mechanic. He was spending a great deal of time doing little fixes and maintenance on his motorhome. We exchanged pleasantries and went about relaxing. Later we had a small conversation about generator maintenance. He shared some good information and I thanked him for the advice. About a half hour later he knocked on our door and showed me that he had a compatible part (air filter) and wanted to install it on our jenny. I appreciate the offer but it wasn't due for service. Thank you very much but no thanks.

I understand that he was being generous, friendly and maybe he was competent. But I just didn't want a stranger working on my coach in the middle of the campground. When I politely declined his offer he seemed hurt. Neither he nor his wife acknowledged our presence or returned a wave after that.

Certainly he meant it as a friendly offer but still, who knows if he knew what he was doing. Talking to this polite gentleman was enjoyable but only about one subject; repairs, parts and fixes. I felt bad but not bad enough to let him take a wrench to our vehicle.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #138

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theluckys View Post
Maybe it's just me....

But I don't quite get the dog poo issue....

We go camping about once a month and frankly I just don't run into these issues like others here.

Do you "poo haters" get upset by the deer, the rabbits, racoons and possum as well? Heck in my home community we have these huge toads that leave mini-piles of feces bigger than my little Chihuahua

Maybe we should just eliminate all wildlife that doesn't clean up after itself!

Really!!!! If you have your possum on a leash and you walk over to my camp site and let it do his thing there I would be very unhappy with YOU too!! It is not the dog that is the problem it is the inconsiderate owner of that animal. I can see it happen once in a while but day after day. Really??? As for camping once a month, I probably would not care ether, when you are full-time it gets very old. As I have said before there are VERY good pet owners out there. It is like everything else, only the bad ones get talked about!

I did not think it is the campgrounds responsibility to follow the owner and clean after them.

Well now that we have celebrated all the bad behaviour how about a thread praising good/helpful behaviour?

Yup moving on. One more beautiful day to enjoy!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #139

Wow! reading some of these posts makes me realize there are some really really cranky campers out there. Look, no one is perfect and if you are out in public campgrounds whether private, state or federal you have to have some degree of tolerance that everyone is not like YOU! Sure the one poster had a great list of most gripes we all have like barking dogs and people cutting through your campsite, but the parenting tips going on and on and talk about cats and dog poop, give me a break. I hope some of the more cranky posters have their name shingle hanging out front their camp site so if we cross paths I will know to go ask for a different site. Geez!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #140

Thumbs up Excellent Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post

I think I have had more friendly encounters than negative ones.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread

Tags
campground