Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clefor View Post
Well now that we have celebrated all the bad behaviour how about a thread praising good/helpful behaviour?

Yup moving on. One more beautiful day to enjoy!
But that would be off topic.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Well at least they were considerate enough to face up to you and apologize...
No question about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I had to run my genny during the day at a CG in Bandera, TX in the heat of summer. Voltage to the CG was too low, or a few hours that afternoon as more and more folks arrived drawing power, my EMS cut my power off for low voltage again and again. Then an entire row of the CG went off line, nobody had power the rest of the day or into the night.

Surely someone wouldn't run their generator to irritate or poison their neighbor? Not to mention the cost?
On occasion, we may all be faced with circumstances, requiring that we run our gen sets for extended periods of time... as others have mentioned, running the generator to keep air conditioning going for pets or possibly someone who's ill... or because a campground's power is causing a problem. I was not speaking of those...

topdownman's concerns not withstanding, had it even crossed my mind that this individual had intentionally left his gen set running, in a effort to irritate or "poison" me, I "MIGHT" have done some more than merely "mention" it to management. More like, INSISTED they do something immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
There could have been a reason for that, perhaps pets inside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
I've thought about this a bit and can tell you this, if I had left my generator running and someone came over and turned it off or shoved a carrot up the exhaust, I would be one p***ed off RVer. There could have been pets inside or someone ill that needed the AC. Someone could have died. If the generator is running and it's not quiet hour, keep your hands off.
topdownman... You're right, there "could've" been pets and such in the rig, but in this case, there were not.

And, rest assured, neither I, nor anyone else, tampered with the rig in question. In my defense, as if I need one, in my frustration with the noise and fumes, I must admit, a "What If" session took place. After a few short minutes of griping, which allowed us to blow off some steam, it became a sort of game.

As I said, I suggested that I "suppose" I could shut down the gen set from the outside, but I didn't. It was suggested, ala Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop, I could stuff a carrot up his tailpipe (as opposed to the banana he used)... again, that did not happen. Any number of suggestions were proffered, each more comically outlandish than the last. I merely mentioned two...

Keep in mind, this was a wilderness campground, we and all the others had chosen, for the peace, serenity and quiet, nature offers.

Soooo, what I did do was contact management and make them aware of the situation. There was no screaming, ranting, arm flapping histrionics or threats, just the voicing of a concern.

Apparently, they notified the owners upon their return, which resulted in them contacting me and offering a sincere apology, which I readily accepted. The owner explained he and his wife were running late and simply forgot to turn the generator off... a social faux pa anyone of us could accidentally commit.

All that said, my family and I, along with surrounding "neighbors", were forced to listen to and smell a "putt, putt, putting" generator, all day long. In the end though, the simple offer of a "mea culpa" avoided any recriminations, unpleasantries or, GAWD forbid!, exchanges of "evil eyes" at one another!

Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #143

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
Wow! reading some of these posts makes me realize there are some really really cranky campers out there. Look, no one is perfect and if you are out in public campgrounds whether private, state or federal you have to have some degree of tolerance that everyone is not like YOU! Sure the one poster had a great list of most gripes we all have like barking dogs and people cutting through your campsite, but the parenting tips going on and on and talk about cats and dog poop, give me a break. I hope some of the more cranky posters have their name shingle hanging out front their camp site so if we cross paths I will know to go ask for a different site. Geez!
I could not have said it better------ My campground pet peeves are a few things that have been discussed, but my biggest camp ground pet peeve is grumpy campers that fuss or act like a high school tough jerk with a bunch of internet threats. Have fun and respect all campers, see management to report any problems. Life is to short to miss out on the fun parts.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #144

Loud people animals vehicles.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopygirl View Post
Thanks, I'll have to find one of those.

Just Google "ca enclosures" or "Midwest cat playpen." The Midwest CP is the one we have at the window of our RV.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
what is cornhole??
A game some people seem to be addicted to as though it were cocaine. It's noisy and the noise is repetitious, think Chinese water-torture. Just as annoying and irritating are the players giving forth hellacious ear splitting laughter outbursts and near hysterical screams and shrieks between the whomp, whomp of the bags. They're every bit as bad as the drunks watching ballgames outside their RVs on their TVs.

I've wondered if people who do these things are even aware of the level of noise they make playing this game or watching a ballgame on TV. At one place the Host had to stop by the (cornhole) site with all the "noise" and remind them it was past "quiet time" and others were trying to sleep.

It's some kind of cloth bags filled with dried peas beans or corn seed tossed at a piece of plywood with a hole cut in it.

I would actually refuse a site next to people with this addiction.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
A game some people seem to be addicted to as though it were cocaine. It's noisy and the noise is repetitious, think Chinese water-torture. Just as annoying and irritating are the players giving forth hellacious ear splitting laughter outbursts and near hysterical screams and shrieks between the whomp, whomp of the bags. They're every bit as bad as the drunks watching ballgames outside their RVs on their TVs.

I've wondered if people who do these things are even aware of the level of noise they make playing this game or watching a ballgame on TV. At one place the Host had to stop by the (cornhole) site with all the "noise" and remind them it was past "quiet time" and others were trying to sleep.

It's some kind of cloth bags filled with dried peas beans or corn seed tossed at a piece of plywood with a hole cut in it.

I had this confused with a different cornhole. Up north, we call the game you described "beanbag"
Old 06-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #148

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post

please refer to post 139 and 143 ...wouldn't it just be easier to ask if you can join in the fun
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #149

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Our annual Easter gathering outside of Campbell River on the Island is a raucous noisy affair and its not for the faint of heart. Everyone has a pecking order for sites and the older crowd tend to be way on the outskirts of the gathering and the younger types closer to the almost 24/7 party. Tent set up with a 60" TV and sat receiver to watch the Stanley Cup Hockey finals, another with tables and chairs set up for card games, and another for kids crafts. From about 8 in the am until supper time there are about 15 mini ATVs of every description running around being piloted by kids. Outside games all require noise and beers.

Denise and I started going about 10 years ago and thoroughly enjoy it as does our camping buddies John and Marie. The event started about 20 years ago with a bunch of high school kids going camping for the weekend, in tents. As they grew older the camping trip evolved into a family outing and we were invited to participate.

Noisy, damn tootin, but everyone who comes to this wilderness site knows about the party and come expecting it. It is the epitome of bad camping behaviour but that's what it is. This past Easter John, Marie, Denise and I were the last to leave as we stayed behind to fish. The place was clean and neat and all the left over firewood was stacked very neatly and divided up into every campsite. Great bunch of fun loving offspring who enjoy this one big camp out with one another every Easter.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #150
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You know, after reading all this I have decided that the only way to prevent bad campground behavior is just to ban everybody except me!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
You know, after reading all this I have decided that the only way to prevent bad campground behavior is just to ban everybody except me!
You da Man!!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #152

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Your going to miss us rabble rousers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #153

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
You da Man!!
Possum - how dare you and your family have fun in the great outdoors. Who ever heard of taking the raucous, noise making, game playing, horsing around, rough housing, sporting activity outside. This is news! Big News!! You people need to take that kind of behavior indoors. That's what mom always said. No wait... She said outside with that. Never mind.

Note to self: Get exact location and dates of Possums next Easter getaway. Sounds like a blast.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My pet peeve: people who pull into a campground and immediately show off their "holier than thou" attitude by complaining about whatever anybody else is doing, or not doing...

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Closed Thread

Tags
campground