Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #183

My biggest complaint is when fellow campers/rv'ers don't clean up after their pets. It is not only rude for the next camper and if they allow the pets to do the job at someone elses site. Man, I come unglued when i see it happen, i have no trouble going over and making sure they clean it up or i'll personally take the matter to the camp host/manager. Just down right rude and nasty as well.

Happy Trails Y'all
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #184

Have you ever had a washer up side the head? It ain't pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
OMG, I hate that game. We were at a campground and the idiots played this game every night during our 5 day stay until 1 or 2 in the morning. However, instead of the bean bags, they used what looked like 5 inch steel washers. Every time the washer hit the plywood, it sounded like someone hit the side of our Moho with a hammer. Every night we called security, but he was to scared to confront the drunks. I would yell at them, they would stop for a few minutes and then start up again. No, we could not move. So now when I see one of those games set up, I cringe.

My biggest grip is idiots that don't abide by quiet time, either at night or in the morning.
2006 Jeep Commander
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #185
laj

what irritates me is rv'ers with an entitlement attitude. they try to push their way into a park that they don't fit the criteria of, so you know they have no intention of following any of the rules if they get in. the second is cg owners/ managers that let them in because they aren't going to enforce the rest of the rules that are listed when you sign in.
if the rules, all rule are listed they should be strictly enforced so everyone knows what to expect and the consequences are if they don't,
including rules for traveling flea hotels, kids, and drunks.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #186

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
OMG, I hate that game. We were at a campground and the idiots played this game every night during our 5 day stay until 1 or 2 in the morning. However, instead of the bean bags, they used what looked like 5 inch steel washers. Every time the washer hit the plywood, it sounded like someone hit the side of our Moho with a hammer. Every night we called security, but he was to scared to confront the drunks. I would yell at them, they would stop for a few minutes and then start up again. No, we could not move. So now when I see one of those games set up, I cringe.

My biggest grip is idiots that don't abide by quiet time, either at night or in the morning.
I just bought such a game for our next gathering. Comes in a 1 1/2 foot square box about a foot deep and when you open it up its basically two 6" deep boxes with targets for scoring. I was planning on replacing the steel washers with tennis balls. Never know what you are going to find at a Liquidation World store.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I just bought such a game for our next gathering. Comes in a 1 1/2 foot square box about a foot deep and when you open it up its basically two 6" deep boxes with targets for scoring. I was planning on replacing the steel washers with tennis balls. Never know what you are going to find at a Liquidation World store.
Tennis ball idea is cool. Have a couple of Lab Retrievers standing by to chase the stray balls.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #188

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We used to belong to a private club that my parents helped found. Had a family join with maybe 5 kids. We always had potlucks on the holidays in the private 11 acre park that the club owned. The family would bring ONE can of pork and beans, unopened, then everyone of them at as much as they wanted. At the end the woman would go over and pick up the can and loudly announce that since no one wanted the beans she was taking them home!
One has to wonder why on about the third occasion of this, someone did not produce a can opener, open the can and take some. She'd at least have to bring a new can the next time.

JoAnn
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #189

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Hard to disagree with that Of all the things that I've seen/encountered/endured, that's the one that I dislike the most...

- Randy
Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #190

Quote:
OMG, I hate that game. ..... No, we could not move. So now when I see one of those games set up, I cringe. .....
I'll go so far as to refuse a site next to these cornhole addicts. Even if they don't play into the night, the endless hours played during the day can become torture.

Quote:
I agree. I remember screaming kids, loud generators, yelling adults or diesels kicking off, rock music and barking dogs at sunrise. But fortunately it hasn't happened often - maybe once a year. We can live with that. When just camping we try and stick with the CGs we know are not busy during the week and those with few children. Our favorite place to camp is a COE in LaVergne TN called Poole Knobs. The Hosts enforce the rules which is important to us. The sites are large and many are set far enough apart to give some privacy and block sounds. Oh, and most sites are in the woods and shaded. Great in the summer heat. Seven Points near Nashville is similar but a nicer newer COE CG.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #191

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm approaching 70 and I hope I never get old enough to find the sounds of children playing, annoying.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #192

Quote:
I'm approaching 70 and I hope I never get old enough to find the sounds of children playing, annoying.
True for me too.
I have surrogate grandkids all over the US.

Got a kick out of a CG rating of 1 out of 10, only because there were too many people on bicycles. Another rated a 2 because the children were constantly laughing and giggling.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 06-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #193

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

True for me too.
I have surrogate grandkids all over the US.

Got a kick out of a CG rating of 1 out of 10, only because there were too many people on bicycles. Another rated a 2 because the children were constantly laughing and giggling.
If someone is accustomed to yelling "hey you kids get off my lawn" at home - and at the CG - you can safely conclude that the lawn has nothing to do with it.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

If someone is accustomed to yelling "hey you kids get off my lawn" at home - and at the CG - you can safely conclude that the lawn has nothing to do with it.
At our homes, the neighbor kids had strict instruction that they could ONLY play on our yard...whenever they wanted. It brought us great joy. Other folks didnt see it that way. Too bad for them
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #195

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like nice people. I like people who smile and are considerate of others. Thankfully most campers fit into this catagory.

I encounter the green wood the most in state/national parks. Some of the following not so much but it all boils down to a lack of courtesy for others.
People burning green wood.
People burning plastic.
People that don't put out fires and leave the camp.
People cutting through your campsite.
People who have one camper and three cars/trucks and want to keep the trucks near the camper, blocking their neighbors in.
Loud outside tv's or music.
People throwing footballs ..or using bats and balls where they can hit their neighbors... One campground the kids were not supervised and batting around rocks.
People that leave dogs tied up on long leashes at the campsite or let them run free. Same people probably never pick up after their pets.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #196

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
As long as they are well behaved and not screaming and fighting. It seems to be harder to find well behaved ones these days, but there are some.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground