Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #253

KZ RV Club
Agree on all counts. I'd add to that in particular parents whose kids take a shortcut through our campsite, with bikes or other play equipment and get really close to our coach. My kids are adults, but I'm still a middle school teacher, so I have no problem clearly explaining to them that they cannot do that. I've chewed kids out only to see their parents right behind them. I just look up at the parents and smile. Do not run amok through my campsite!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #254

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
ga traveler,

Somewhat glad it all worked out.

I may have opted to not play Bevis and Butthead, at midnight, for just one half of a night.

Just sayin....
I was 100% behind him. That is why jerks are jerks. If no one would let them get by with it, they would get tired of catching hell everywhere they go. I had a cousin who's brother-in-law was a total jerk. Everywhere he went he raised so much hell about the meal or service, that many didn't charge for the meal. That is just wrong! My friend had made reservations six months ahead of time. He had left work and drove directly to the campground. He and his girlfriend both needed a bath. How is he being a Bevis or Butthead for wanting what was rightly his?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I was 100% behind him. That is why jerks are jerks. If no one would let them get by with it, they would get tired of catching hell everywhere they go. I had a cousin who's brother-in-law was a total jerk. Everywhere he went he raised so much hell about the meal or service, that many didn't charge for the meal. That is just wrong! My friend had made reservations six months ahead of time. He had left work and drove directly to the campground. He and his girlfriend both needed a bath. How is he being a Bevis or Butthead for wanting what was rightly his?
With you on all but one point.

Glad the culprit got his comeuppance and your friend got his site.

I just figured it could easily wait until morning. Surely they can shower without a sewer drain. Midnight is a better time for patience and a bit of diplomacy, rather than door pounding and cop calling IMHO.

Your friend was tired, the culprit was also. They were both angry.

A peaceful morning move in another few hours? The culprit may have not been so angry then?

The best resolution to confrontations is not always an immediate one.

Just sayin...
Best wishes
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

With you on all but one point.

Glad the culprit got his comeuppance and your friend got his site.

I just figured it could easily wait until morning. Surely they can shower without a sewer drain. Midnight is a better time for patience and a bit of diplomacy, rather than door pounding and cop calling IMHO.

Your friend was tired, the culprit was also. They were both angry.

A peaceful morning move in another few hours? The culprit may have not been so angry then?

The best resolution to confrontations is not always an immediate one.

Just sayin...
Best wishes
Umm.... so if the rules are just broken a little....
I respectfully disagree. If the rules are to cumbersome you do not have to stay there would be my view.
And not all campers have holding tanks (do not know in this case).
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #257

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A few years ago we were visiting with a couple in a neighboring site. They had a beautiful young dog. 2 kids with a Jack Russell decided to walk thru the site to get to the beach. As soon as the Jack Russell saw the resident dog he charged and grabbed the dog by the throat. The kids just let go of the leash and stood and watched the attack, but the neighbor and I tried to separate them. We had the slug the JR in the head and even resort to kicking him in the ribs while pulling on his leash to get him off. The only thing that saved the dog was that the JR bit on his collar, if not for that the dog would not have survived. So even tho the attack dog was on a leash, the 2 kids walking him were not qualified to do the job. They also were not aware of the error of walking thru someone elses site. I don't blame the kids as much as the adults that sent them off uniformed and overmatched by their dog.

Glenn
Old 07-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #258

During 3 three month winter "climate refugee" trips, many shorter trips to new england, canada, upsate ny, etc. we have rarely encountered problem behavior from other rv'ers. Guess we're just lucky
Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #259

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
A few years ago we were visiting with a couple in a neighboring site. They had a beautiful young dog. 2 kids with a Jack Russell decided to walk thru the site to get to the beach. As soon as the Jack Russell saw the resident dog he charged and grabbed the dog by the throat. The kids just let go of the leash and stood and watched the attack, but the neighbor and I tried to separate them. We had the slug the JR in the head and even resort to kicking him in the ribs while pulling on his leash to get him off. The only thing that saved the dog was that the JR bit on his collar, if not for that the dog would not have survived. So even tho the attack dog was on a leash, the 2 kids walking him were not qualified to do the job. They also were not aware of the error of walking thru someone elses site. I don't blame the kids as much as the adults that sent them off uniformed and overmatched by their dog.

Glenn
We have had a Jack Russell attack our dogs that are much larger but very docile 5 times over last winter. Somehow he always got loose out the door off his chain. The worst thing about it is that we are friends with the owners. Finally we have had to resort to a 3 point attempt every time.

Next winter when we both will be at the same CG as usual we plan to pepper spray him and throw him on the roof of their camper or something. I really hate to be like that but when we have our two leashed and under control and they are repeatedly attacked I don't see much choice. Oh, and of course we have discussed it with him.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltrdr
During 3 three month winter "climate refugee" trips, many shorter trips to new england, canada, upsate ny, etc. we have rarely encountered problem behavior from other rv'ers. Guess we're just lucky
I agree....we just spent a little over 1000 nights ( +30mo.) on the road in a vast variety of municipal, county, state parks, private CG's, luxury Resorts and never once encountered any rabid unleashed attack dogs, unexpected poop piles...OK a few bad experiences with cigar/cigarette butts, drunken & disorderly neighbours....OK a few bad experiences with the dreaded ( should be banned) outside TV entertainment centres, cut through trespassers, speed racers...OK a few bad experiences with (should be outlawed) unmuffled Harleys'...., perverts ( a few 20ish female nudists wound have been nice) all told pretty in eventful and enjoyable.

Our biggest "grip" is with over-priced, poorly managed, rudely administered....way too over-crowded & spaced private campgrounds....oh ha and unjustified al la carte pricing for pets!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #261

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We have had a Jack Russell attack our dogs that are much larger but very docile 5 times over last winter. Somehow he always got loose out the door off his chain. The worst thing about it is that we are friends with the owners. Finally we have had to resort to a 3 point attempt every time.

Next winter when we both will be at the same CG as usual we plan to pepper spray him and throw him on the roof of their camper or something. I really hate to be like that but when we have our two leashed and under control and they are repeatedly attacked I don't see much choice. Oh, and of course we have discussed it with him.
I would be tempted to go to Lowes and buy a length of chain, and two padlocks. When you catch the dog not on a leash you lock one end of the chain around his neck and the other end to their car, or RV. Now the only way he'll get loose is if you hand over the keys!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #262
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1140066394.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	850.3 KB
ID:	41837
Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #263

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I like that. We gave up trying to hold our med/large dogs back when rat dogs attack. We don't let them loose (ever) but let the retractable leashes out. It is unfair to an animal that is leashed to have one that is not come after them.

When it is all said and done, if your dog was not on a leash, you are wrong.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #264
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
It's never a problem till something happens!

Our dog is leashed whenever out of our coach. We can control her and we can control what happens to her. And yes, she is better behaved than many children. Heck, sometimes better behaved than me! LOL
Old 07-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #265
Community Administrator

Lets knock off the personal comments please. Our rules do not allow it.

" Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation,and national origin are not acceptable. "

Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 07-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #266
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I agree 100%... and we travel with three small dogs.

Two of them are no geriatrics and have no issues but the young female has a real thing about big dogs being a treat and I haven't yet been able to break her of it.

Around our stick house (we live on a golf course) we'll let them off leash as do our neighbors with their dogs. My little alpha female will sometimes rush the bigger dogs and I try to take the opportunity to make it a "teachable moment" when that happens. I hate it when the owners of larger dogs tell me "that's OK, our dog is friendly". The problem is that my little girl is going to get herself killed if she doesn't learn to stop charging big dogs... and it will be HER fault if it happens!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Closed Thread

Tags
campground