Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
The one that bugs us is people who take shortcuts through our campsite. It feels like a stranger is walking through our living room.
This is my #1 pet hate also!

My #2 is when that hot young chick next door walks around at 9am wearing her skimpy lounge wear... it's very distracting while I'm trying to get the breakfast going... lol

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
I'm a dog lover, I have one.. What irks me is owners who do not take responsibility for their pet. Not carrying a plastic bag to clean up their dog's cr@p. That's right up there with bicyclists who don't heed the rules of the road. And, yes, I'm a cyclist.

Cats.. yah, I agree. Tell me why do dogs have to be licensed and on a leash and cat's get off free? Life isn't fair.. but, no one ever said it was.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since we enjoy peace and quiet, we find it most annoying to be next to the "weekend party animals", sharing their music and drunken loud mouths till all hours. We try to avoid campgrounds with lots of amenities because those seem to be the "destination" campgrounds with lots of yelling kids. Do I sound grumpy??

Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #18

While it does not coming under the heading of 'bad camp ground behavior', one thing that 'bugs' us is the amp grounds that say they have 'free WiFi' and one can not access it, or at best, spotty connection. While we do not travel a lot, when we do we need to pay bills and stay in tuned with what is going on back home.
Otherwise I do agree that people not picking up after their pets, ranks at the top. We travel with our Labs and when we are out and about, I have several bags in my back pocket to pick up after them.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaso View Post
What campground behaviors really get on your nerves?

I'm relatively new to RV camping and can't really tell if something that gets me mad is just normal campground-ery or if it is something I should contact the front desk about.

Spent about 3 hours this weekend trying to get my cat out of a tree after she got chased by two un-leashed dogs.
Why was your cat OUTSIDE your RV? First, that is not allowed in any CG. And second, she could have bolted into the woods or been hit by a passing RV or car. Third, many cats simply wander away from their owners RV never to be seen again. They simply get lost or become food for the local wildlife.

The dog's owner should have been reported to the CG Host.

Quote:
Ended up taking the holy-family's name in vain as I threatened the owner from across the campground after one charged my daughter. Front desk of the campground resolved the problem quickly.
Good. And from now on, keep your cat INSIDE your RV where she is safe. Many CGs we've been to, from FL to upstate NY, have cats that were left behind by campers for one reason or another.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
I am not easily fazed, but there is one thing that will get to me:

People who decide to go outside their RV and play their choice of music so loud that it can be heard by everybody within 100 yards. I find this extremely inconsiderate.

Other than that I am normally easy going
In every case the camp Host will but a quick end to that racket. I've never known one to not.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Why was your cat OUTSIDE your RV? First, that is not allowed in any CG.
Really?? Our cat routinely goes outside the RV on his leash, and we've never been confronted by any CG personnel about it, nor have we seen any published rule forbidding it in any CG we've been to.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaso View Post
Cat got let out by the 1 year old getting a Thomas the Train. I'm sure she learned her lesson up on that branch for about 50 hours.
What about the child learning her lesson about opening the RV door? Children should be taught to NEVER open the RV door themselves if there are pets inside.

The cat will climb a tree by nature. What did you expect her to do? What lesson did you expect her to learn from this? That's her nature. It's instinct. Should she have sat there and let herself be attacked and perhaps killed? If the child opens the door again she ill most likely leave the RV again. Cats are cats.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Really?? Our cat routinely goes outside the RV on his leash, and we've never been confronted by any CG personnel about it, nor have we seen any published rule forbidding it in any CG we've been to.

Rusty
Really? Did I say cats were not allowed outside the RV ON A LEASH? If his cat was on a leash, and that is allowed, it would not have ended up in a tree. In fact if he couldn't lift her fast enough she may have been killed by the dog/s.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Pretty harsh punishment for a one year old I wonder if one of those let the dogs out too.
I was just wondering the SAME thing?!?!?! And had the cat been staked to the ground as some cat owners do, she would have been dead. I would teach the child to NEVER open the RV door unless an adult was with her. For her own safety as well as the pets safety.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Really? Did I say cats were not allowed outside the RV ON A LEASH? If his cat was on a leash, and they is allowed, it would not have ended up in a tree.
No, what you said was:

Quote:
Why was your cat OUTSIDE your RV? First, that is not allowed in any CG.
You used no qualifier whatsoever regarding leashes. You just stated that cats are not allowed outside an RV. Period.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK, Folks. EVERYONE remember the FIRST RULE of iRV2. Keep it friendly, please.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
While it does not coming under the heading of 'bad camp ground behavior', one thing that 'bugs' us is the amp grounds that say they have 'free WiFi' and one can not access it, or at best, spotty connection.
This is so common we finally got our own mifi from Verizon. In fact we've become so disgusted with private CGs we spend nights when on the road at WalMarts and Truck Stops. When we camp we choose State Parks and COEs.

Quote:
While we do not travel a lot, when we do we need to pay bills and stay in tuned with what is going on back home.
Most Mall and many eateries now have free wifi. There is usually a sign in the window or on the wall where Malls are concerned. Unless in a remoter area you should be able to get connected.

Quote:
Otherwise I do agree that people not picking up after their pets, ranks at the top. We travel with our Labs and when we are out and about, I have several bags in my back pocket to pick up after them.
I'm waiting for those who don't pick up the poop to step forward and admit it.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Wow, I thought this was about bad campground behavior. Unfortunately the OP started about unleashed animals and this turned into a pet rant. (even a parenting critic)

What gets my hackles riled are people go outdoors and then ruin it. Collecting firewood and breaking branches for kindling. Carving on trees, markers on any flat surface, spray paint. Trash. Why people can carry it in full and then leave empties where they enjoyed a natural setting displays a level of thoughtlessness it's hard to comprehend.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Closed Thread

Tags
campground