Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #267

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I hope I haven't offended any one at any time, in any discussion or belittle any one.
Or broke any rules if so I give my deepest apology to any one I did this to.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #268
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some may find their posts missing in this thread as of late if you have any questions as to why please feel free to contact me via PM.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #269

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hmmm ! I thought this was all in good fun !

Sorry to see some posts misconstrued !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Hmmm ! I thought this was all in good fun !

Sorry to see some posts misconstrued !!
Indeed, some people are pretty uptight I guess. I have never met campers at campgrounds who acted like people here and I hope I never do! All my camping experiences have been pleasant to date.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #271

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanGris View Post

Indeed, some people are pretty uptight I guess. I have never met campers at campgrounds who acted like people here and I hope I never do! All my camping experiences have been pleasant to date.
I think you will find that the vast majority of folks on here are very friendly. The ones that questioned having dogs unrestrained have had unpleasant experiences and therefore seeing an unrestrained critter raises some concerns. Not every pet owner is as continence as you are.
Please understand the point that is being made.
We welcome you and hope you post often. We really all enjoy everyone on here even though we might not agree with everything that is posted!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #272

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaso View Post
What campground behaviors really get on your nerves?

I'm relatively new to RV camping and can't really tell if something that gets me mad is just normal campground-ery or if it is something I should contact the front desk about.

Spent about 3 hours this weekend trying to get my cat out of a tree after she got chased by two un-leashed dogs. Ended up taking the holy-family's name in vain as I threatened the owner from across the campground after one charged my daughter. Front desk of the campground resolved the problem quickly.
Good for you for goin' to The Man!

This is one of my pet peeves- I have NO patience with people that won't leash their dogs, as is required by every single campground I've ever been in. It's especially annoying when my own leashed dog is approached by an off-leasher. I can't even imagine what I'd do if one went after one of my Grandkids!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post

I think you will find that the vast majority of folks on here are very friendly. The ones that questioned having dogs unrestrained have had unpleasant experiences and therefore seeing an unrestrained critter raises some concerns. Not every pet owner is as continence as you are.
Please understand the point that is being made.
We welcome you and hope you post often. We really all enjoy everyone on here even though we might not agree with everything that is posted!
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or start any fights. Some people just came across as pretty hostile and I've never encountered such attitudes in campgrounds. I would never let my pets run wild or bother people.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #274

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were at a campground and three we three young boys with a scared up pit bull on a hunk of clothes line with a bunch of knots in it. Was I comfortable ? Not so much !!!!!! ( although I was prepared for whatever might need fixing)
Old 07-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #275

I certainly did not mean to offended anyone, and if I did I apologize. I come from the old school where I was taught rules were made for a reason and they are to be followed. I was also taught to respect other and to be courteous to other. When other don't I am curious to understand why....
Old 07-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #276

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are volunteering at an Oregon State Park campground for the summer. The campground regulations (which apply to all the state parks) say:

"Pets must be confined by the owner or on a leash not more than six feet long, and kept under physical control at all times."

I think that is quite clear and unequivocal.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #277

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's the nature of beast, rules are rules, so if So&So can do it, why can't I ! after all I'm special too! I have the best of the best, I walk on water, and my #@$% don't stink, so we can bend the rules for all, or not bend them at all.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Good for you for goin' to The Man!

This is one of my pet peeves- I have NO patience with people that won't leash their dogs, as is required by every single campground I've ever been in. It's especially annoying when my own leashed dog is approached by an off-leasher. I can't even imagine what I'd do if one went after one of my Grandkids!
Thank you, Francesca!

Whenever we had young kids with us, our own (yes, a while ago) or our Grands, we always took them to well-managed, patrolled parks.

We had only 2 incidences with unleashed dogs. Once with the kids, once with the grands, in 2 different campgrounds.

Each time, there was a large untethered dog on one campsite as we walked. It watched us as we walked. It was quite intimidating for me and the kids! I walked between the dog and the kids as I hastened them along.

Each time, there was a camp patrol on a golf cart that saw the situation. In the first one, the owner was warned and immediately tethered their dog. In the second, the owner protested and was soon gone from camp.

It worked out well, and properly, each time thanks to a vigilant staff.

We still go back to those campgrounds. When the great-grands come along, we will take them there.

Thanks again, Francesca!

Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 07-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #279

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Each time, there was a camp patrol on a golf cart that saw the situation. In the first one, the owner was warned and immediately tethered their dog. In the second, the owner protested and was soon gone from camp.

It worked out well, and properly, each time thanks to a vigilant staff. Dave
That's how its handled here. One simple rule for everyone and the park rangers enforce it unequivocally.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
That's how its handled here. One simple rule for everyone and the park rangers enforce it unequivocally.
As it should be!

Thank you too, Bruce!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread

Tags
campground