Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #337

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
A bucket list want is to be seated around a campfire with the likes of, Les, Slick1, Dunner, Wayne and SeaJay. There would be a whole whack of other names on this list if I could remember them all. Can you imagine the cash flow from the sale of all the BS spilled in that one spot?

Heaven.
That would be an event!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #338

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
On a lighter note!

Attachment 41945
Three main ingredients for a good time. Beer, stairs and Band aids!

Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #339
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Me thinks we are starting to get our threads mixed up here.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #340
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Sorry John. Thread was getting serious. Thought more smiles were needed momentarily.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #341

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
With this crew you can get a little cornfused. I'll try to be good, promise...
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #342

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
No kidding...just because Some People can't even kill their own thread, that doesn't mean they should be out here trying to kill others.

Time to send some post riders out- there's a hole in the bobwarr fence! ...
Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #343

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Not a problem here in the Oregon State park where we are staying for 5 months. Within minutes of a campsite being vacated, the Camp Host golf cart rolls up and the site is completely cleaned including the fire ring. I wish that happened everywhere!
That happens at our favorite campground too. One thing I didn't like was that they also took all the left over firewood. They sell firewood for $5 a small bundle and it looked like they got enough for three or four bundles. Glad I walked over and got a few pieces before they got there! Now that I know they do that I'll be sure to look more closely and act quickly.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
. Can you imagine the cash flow from the sale of all the BS spilled in that one spot?
Just remember to clean up all that BS before leaving the site!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
Leaving any place better than you found it was drilled into me as a kid, our kids know that also and I always practice that. My 30+ years in the military reinforced that view. Even as I vacate a house I have sold or rented the place is spotless as we go out the door. Of course we don't make the bed in a hotel room as we leave, or wash a rented car before we take it back. - common sense has to be applied everywhere. We always do a walk around the campsite and make certain all is shipshape before we leave it. In fact I pickup trash left by some moron as I walk our (always on a leash) Shi Tzu.

My point is it does not matter who you are or what rig you drive, the rules apply to all.

Setting a good example for others is always a good idea. Regardless if it is picking up trash or just making your campsite/home more tidy and attractive. This is contageous, just as good manners and behavior are.

Unfortunately one cannot fix stupid and some bad manered people cannot be rehabilitated easily so more forceful effective measures are needed to curb the offensive behavior.
Nice post and I think that you deal with two reasons that there is "offensive CG behavior at all"

A. People haven't really been taught the rules (TAUGHT - not given a piece of paper that they use to light their camp fire)

B. No fear of reprecussions/lack of enforcement.

Unfortunately too many kids grow up without any parenting and most apples don't fall far from the trees.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #346

C. Entitlement society. ?????
Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #347

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I think some of the problem is that people today, not just young ones, are so tied to electronic media like smart phones, tablets... you get the picture that no one knows how to communicate with another human. Every communication is second hand. I can't count the people that only text me. I don't mind texting but after four back and forth I usually call them. I use the voice recognition rather than try to type on the little keyboard and think I am talking to the phone, this is stupid, why not call them. Some won't even answer a phone call.

My point is that much of the common sense rules and courtesies are learned by just talking to other campers.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #348

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
So let me tell the story or incident as it should be called, to this day I still get a headache thinking of it. Being up early is some thing I can't help. But trying to come up with some thing to do and not bother other people is even harder. So we were parked at a United States Corps Of Engineers Camp Grounds or C.O.E in AR and it was before 8am when I decided to go and dump the Black Water tank. Stepping
out the 5ver, Wow, for this time of the year it was really nice out this morning. Birds were singing, squirrels were being squirrelly and mockingbirds where mocking! This is actually what I recall from the previous morning, but not of this day.

So I go gather up my honey pot and quietly pull it around to the dumping valve, I have another valve at the end of pipe to control the flow operation(suggestion fro someone on this forum). So hooking up the hose making sure every things a go. I'M in a position butt up in the air head down closer to what I'M doing. (yes I have learned to squat, use my legs not my back). About that time I feel some thing go up my butt(so to speak, I was getting a crouch sniff). I'M fully dressed, let me point this out. Well reacting to the intrusion and the invasion of my privacy area. I stood up rather quickly.(I also dont like doctors and prostate exams) Can you imagine I forgot my slide was there, of course the corner wasnt a good place to head butt. Having a hard head I did probably moved the slide or 5th wheel. So a little while later when I woke up the birds and stars where so pretty, of course it went along with the headache and the stupid dog French kissing me. It took a while before I started actually being able to focus. Realizing this wasn't a dream and wasn't some sexy lady trying to run her tongue down my throat, but I think it did bring me to. It had rained the night before, so I was actually now laying in mud, blood, black water and no beer.

So after getting my sh** together and taking several swings at the neighbors well behaved mutt.(he was faster than me in my near vegetable state, not being prone to violence I did wish to thrash him terribly and would have choked him) How long I laid there I dont know. (Also a side note: the hose, honey pot was completely full and there was a small fountain of BW coming out of the air breathing hole, that's another story)

I went to talk with them before going to the ER for stitches. So after doing the Texas two step( you know two steps forward one step back, circle, circle) to my great neighbors RV they assured me that there well behaved mutt wouldn't bother or hurt us at all, as I stood there with blood trickling down my face and off my chin. Of course it wasnt that there dog intended to hurt me, so it seemed it was my fault, isnt it always. (side note: his name was Wolf, it was amazing when they called him, WOLF WOLF walking around the CG, always sound like they where barking idiots)

Why did the dog do this! I dont think I was in heat. I wasn't dress provocatively or did I try to entice or lead him on! Or neither did I have milk bone dog biscuits underwear on, you know the ones, right, there eatable.

After going to ER and a few stitches and only costing $300+/- (this would have paid for a month at COE) for trying to dump my black tank. Cost would have been greater if I had x-rays to check for a concussion!

What was I thinking of, stupid me, rules are to be broken, I should have dumped the black water on the ground(even though it worked out that way), right!(COE would have came down on me like a heard of turtles or a load of bricks) So going back to CEO CG I was going to talk to neighbors about bill, imagine that. Low and behold they decide to leave three days early and was gone.

Yes its okay to laugh about this every one does when I tell it, I do also, but there for a week I had a headache!

So go a head and let those mutts run wild damn the rules. Ever time a dog runs up wanting to sniff my crouch I now get a headache and feel violated all over again. Dont let it hurt your feelings if I take a kick at your mutt's head(joke), its just a natural tick I have developed.
It was all my fault you know!

P.S. I wrote it with humor for a good laugh at myself and a life lesson.
I love laughter, it beats crying, even when it gives me a headache.
I posted this in other forums hope that's okay.
I did write this Don Gertz Jr.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #349

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That will teach you to get into a provocative position.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #350
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Eating breakfast this morning in our squeaky clean Oregon State campground, I was half watching the person in the site two down from us. He had his slinky hung over a tree, and he was hosing down what looked like a pair of blue jeans. It was fairly obvious he'd had a black tank dump incident. A while later he pulled out and left. I wandered over to the site and smelled the problem before I saw it. Looked like a good amount of his black tank had dumped on the ground. I wonder if he reported it on the way out?

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground