Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post

Can I ask a few questions.
1) is the dog on a 6foot leash?
2) is adult holding the leash like there's meant to be in theory?
3) Is it a woman or man holding the leash?
4) what type dog is it and size?
Honestly I'm not trying to be a dink here, but you seem to be hung up on the fact that it was not leashed like it never in a million years could happen if it was. Granted if it was leashed this event would've been less likely to occur, fair enough, but it still very possibly could've happened. Dogs like to sniff, especially untrained ones. I won't press the issue if you don't want to talk about it further but I was just genuinely curious of your reaction to the same event with a leashed dog.

Lets say 15 foot retractable, woman, not paying attention to the dog just strolling by and you happened to be in leash range. Same one that got you the first time.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #380

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
What else bugs folks in campgrounds?
I really hate it when the folks on the (next?) site start arguing and spend days and days going around and around about the same darn thing!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #381

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca
I really hate it when the folks in the next site start arguing and spend days and days going around and around about the same darn thing!
Like the guy I posted about that kept coming around telling me the same story about waiting fir Old Faithful to blow. He apparently had no short-term memory. Finally got out a few pictures and even painted him one. Still didn't stop him.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

I don't understand, but I'm suggesting we move on. We won't change his mind and he won't change my (and others) minds. Rules say dogs on leash, follow the rules or leave.
Dogs, at best, have a mental age of approximately 2 -2.5 year old human. Would you allow 2 year old to wander campground on their own? Let them walk among many fascinating and tempting things (in their point of view) without holding their hand? No difference in allowing a dog walk unleashed in a campground or a neighborhood.

I really think we've thoroughly covered problems with dogs and even had demonstrated that some dog owners are clueless. What else bugs folks in campgrounds?
I agree, I don't allow my dogs to wander. They don't leave my site unless I do.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #383
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I really hate it when the folks on the (next?) site start arguing and spend days and days going around and around about the same darn thing!
now that's plain enough, well for most it is
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #384

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
He apparently had no short-term memory. Finally got out a few pictures and even painted him one. Still didn't stop him.
I see what you mean......
Old 07-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #385

I've grown to really dislike generators.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Like the guy I posted about that kept coming around telling me the same story about waiting fir Old Faithful to blow. He apparently had no short-term memory. Finally got out a few pictures and even painted him one. Still didn't stop him.
I can relate.
About 10 years ago, there was a fellow that would walk up, talk, and STAY. All he talked about was his 4 dogs. Their quirks. Diseases they had. Etc.

Walked to the camp restroom (we never use it) to get away. Followed me there. Talked while I was in the stall. Followed me back!

We hopped in the toad and left for a while. He came over as soon as we got back. Pretty much repeated the dog stuff. So we went in the MH.

Next day, same thing!

On the 3rd day, I told him 3 really lousy jokes. Several times. And I laughed heartily after each one. He looked at me like I had 3 heads and left for his camp.

Day 4, a new neighbor moved in next door. As he was setting up, I handed him a note with the jokes on it and clued him in.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I think I've mentioned it here before. Something similar happened at Yellowstone Park back in the 1970s. We stopped there for a few days rest on the month long trip. We just wanted to see the sights, lay around and in general "rest up." The family next to us were the most horrible campers I've yet to run across. No one else even came close. When they pulled in we could hear several people arguing and bickering, a dog barking and a baby screaming. It was a couple in their 30s with several children, a dog, a baby and two old people. Very old. Most likely grandparents. On top of the old man who was obviously senile, yelling something in a foreign language every few minutes, the couple fought constantly when they weren't yelling at their totally disobedient children. The children ignored them and kept whining and fighting among themselves. Grandma walked the constantly crying baby in circles in front of their rig, getting into the fray every so often. This continued almost unabated until we fled the next day...... fortunately, most of the time we boondocked and it was heavenly. This certainly wasn't the norm. These people apparently had some serious issues and it's sad they took those issues on the road with them.

They were probably oblivious to the fact they were making such a scene and ruining it for everyone else around them.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #388

WOW,
I read all 28 pages
I'm new here, and agree that rules are rules...
Back in the 80's I lived out of an RV the whole motocross season, and in the 90's the roundy round season, I've seen campgrounds from MN to CA and a few in the eastern sector.
My dislikes are inconsiderate/assnine people who have forgotten the true golden rule... Treat others as you would like to be treated...Leave it as clean as you found it...Respect other peoples boundaries
I traveled with pit crews and a 245# brindle Mastiff Named Earthquake, He's long gone dead now, But people tended to not respect our boundaries, Children especially would run up and want to pet or climb on my LEASHED dog. (Thank god he was friendly and loved children and all the attention he got) Or climbing on the race car or bike. It was common place to find people standing on the trailer taking pix or kids in the car or on the bikes ( We couldn't afford and enclosed trailer)
We always asked to be put on the outskirts of camp since we usually had repairs or some unwinding to do and to avoid the masses and their children.
With that said I guess that sums up my pet peeves
Thanks for reading
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #389

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanGris View Post
Can't answer a simple question huh? Lol. Just cause a dog is leashed doesn't mean it won't still give you a sniff. That's cool, I didn't think you would have an answer anyway so I'm not disappointed.
A dog on a leash should NEVER be able to get within nose reach of anybody. If you're walking your overly-friendly dog near my RV, and it comes close enough to me, or my grandson, without my permission it WILL be kicked into the next campsite with no apology from me.

YOU may know your dog would never hurt anybody - I have no such knowledge, and I will protect myself and my family. A responsible owner would control their dog and make sure it was acceptable before they let their dog approach a stranger.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #390

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
YOU may know your dog would never hurt anybody - I have no such knowledge, and I will protect myself and my family.
I always carry Bear Spray and will use if if I feel the least bit threatened by any unleashed or uncontrolled dog.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post

YOU may know your dog would never hurt anybody - I have no such knowledge, and I will protect myself and my family. A responsible owner would control their dog and make sure it was acceptable before they let their dog approach a stranger.
I agree 100%. My dogs are always controlled.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #392

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your dog is not leashed it is not controlled.

Closed Thread

Tags
campground