Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #57

National RV Owners Club
I think this is the wrong Thread for me to way in on, because I don't have a dog or a cat but I do dislike the lowed noise and people walking through our camp site.
Just a thought.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The dogs no being leashed are a no no. But in my book, the cat should have been caged or on a leash as well...then there would have been no problem if all were leashed.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #59

Texas Boomers Club
It bugs me when a family fills their campsite with vehicles and their children have no place to play, so they want to ride their bikes in my campsite. I don't blame the kids.

I've moved my car to the end of my site before so as to encourage the kids to ride elsewhere.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteOn View Post
It bugs me when a family fills their campsite with vehicles and their children have no place to play, so they want to ride their bikes in my campsite. I don't blame the kids.

I've moved my car to the end of my site before so as to encourage the kids to ride elsewhere.
I saw a couple use those lightweight 5' tomato poles along the perimeter of their campsite. They tied string or wire from pole to pole. It kept people and kids from crossing their site to get to the bathrooms/bathhouse. It couldn't have cost them more than $15 for the poles and string (it may have been wire).

Since we're retired we try and get our camping in during the week when most CGs are empty and quiet. Our favorite places aren't bad even on the weekends. Only holidays find them packed and noisy and full of kids and dogs.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
It was quiet last year at Buttonwood when I was there, must have been a different crowed. There are bad eggs no matter where you go.
I think it was the ballgames that caused all the drinking and screaming and foot stomping and yelling.... good grief! No one else was doing it but those with TVs outside their RVs with ballgames blaring.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
But Japanese Bobtails aren't "normal" cats. They are more like dogs. Our two younger ones will play fetch.
Only my calico will play fetch. She has her favorite little mouse with a bell she brings back over and over again. If I ignore her, she'll pick it up and shake it to ring the bell, then drop it by my feet. The other three will not fetch anything.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #63

After reading this thread...my dogs will now read the rules and adhere to them in any campgrounds we visit.
if any youngins happen to be with us..they will have to read the rules and swear to obey them

now if I can find out how to make a smokeless bonfire...ohh google....

As was stated previously...full timers, retirees tend to see campground life differently than a weekend warrior....something everyone must adjust to..whats right? whats wrong?... who knows

1 thing for sure...be it a full timer, retiree or weekend warrior...manners definitely won't hurt anyone
Old 05-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
It is usually caused by the campground puting in too many spaces and not leaving enough room for you to get from one area to the other without walking a mile. One campground we frequent had campers petition for spaces right in front of the rec hall. It is over a mile from one end of the road in front of the rec hall to the side road which lets you reach the second tier. So guess we transgress but a mile each way is not gonna happen
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #65

Good morning all, wet here in Crystal City, Mo. and more rain headed this way. And last year was very dry.
Several years ago we were camping over at Rend Lake, IL. COE, campgroaund. The South Sandusky section. Just finished breakfast and was going to sit outside and drink some more java and visit with the brother in law and sister in law who were passing through on their way back home to GA.
The site next to me start to play American Indian music, drums beating, people chanting, etc. Which is not my kind of music, and my wife is part Cherokee Indian. She was ready to go on the war path, so was I and the inlaws also. The brother in law's gfi notified him of low voltage to his rig, I checked mine, low voltage also. The B-I-L called the office, about an hour later, the COE truck pulled up to check out the problem, and wa la the music stopped. AAAAHHHHH peace and quiet again. The low voltage problem cleared up when a lot of the campers pulled out to go home. We were staying for the week. It was Sunday afternoon. The rest of the week was wonderful.
So many people seem to have to play their choice of music loud enough for all to hear, WHY?
Bill
Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #66

Kitty Kondo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We do have a couple of Kitty Kondo's that hang on the side of the MH over a window so they all DO get to go "outside", just in a cage so they're protected.

Can you post a picture of this? My cat loves being out, at least on a porch. I was considering some kind of playpen or cage enclosure so she could sit outside when we go camping.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
The one that bugs us is people who take shortcuts through our campsite. It feels like a stranger is walking through our living room.
My vote for #1 !!! DW gets mad when I say "What you didn't see 38' motor here, #&%@ go around!!!!" I really try to restrain my self, it doesn't always work !
Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #68

Texas Boomers Club
This has only happened once, but it was memorable and uncomfortable at the time.

Couples who get into an argument. When I was camping in VA, the campground only had two sites occupied and a couple pulled up next to me. After dinner she started yelling at her husband, have no idea what he was saying back. It went on and on and on. Even after they were in bed. Finally I was in my tent laughing when she started yelling about him having all the blanket. Really, folks, been quiet! I didn't come here to watch the drama in your life.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #69

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopygirl View Post
Can you post a picture of this? My cat loves being out, at least on a porch. I was considering some kind of playpen or cage enclosure so she could sit outside when we go camping.
OK, here's three. Last one is of it folded down. The next to last one is of the three Japanese Bobtails when we travel. The one on the right next to the windshield is Shachimi (Chimi for short), this was her first trip in the MH, as you can see they were all traumatized! Her first birthday is June 5th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oOutside1mod.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	39934   Click image for larger version

Name:	oOutside2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	39935  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10595 (2).jpg
Views:	144
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	39937  
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
As was stated previously...full timers, retirees tend to see campground life differently than a weekend warrior....something everyone must adjust to..whats right? whats wrong?... who knows

1 thing for sure...be it a full timer, retiree or weekend warrior...manners definitely won't hurt anyone
Very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteOn View Post
This has only happened once, but it was memorable and uncomfortable at the time.

Couples who get into an argument. When I was camping in VA, the campground only had two sites occupied and a couple pulled up next to me. After dinner she started yelling at her husband, have no idea what he was saying back. It went on and on and on. Even after they were in bed. Finally I was in my tent laughing when she started yelling about him having all the blanket. Really, folks, been quiet! I didn't come here to watch the drama in your life.
This made me laugh out loud... seriously. Because I had forgotten a very similar incident from back in my tent camping days. I too only remember being able to hear "her side of the story".

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Closed Thread

Tags
campground