Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
In all the camp grounds we have visited, I would have to say inconsiderate pet owners cause the vast majority of the problems. I fully understand why some even charge more if you have pets along, or put them all together in the same area.
I don't mind that...then I don't have to walk so far to bark at them

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #114

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
I would like to see that 400hp air compressor......
Well, ours was 350 hp and 1050 ft lbs torque but after I added the Banks kit it's now 435 and 1200 ft lbs.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #115

There could have been a reason for that, perhaps pets inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unca waldo View Post
However, there is one thing that bugs the heck outta me, though thankfully, it's not a regular occurrence... it's the use of generators.

The worst example I personally had to deal with was a couple who ran the gen set to power the air conditioning... all day long. To add to the pleasantry, the exhaust pipe was pointed directly at the door side of my rig! Nothing like Carbon Monoxide poisoning to put a damper on your day. Even worse, they drove away in their "tow'd" at about 9:30 AM, returning at 5:00 PM! Guess they didn't want to have a warm RV to return to.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #116

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One thing I haven't seen mentioned on this thread is dust from unnecessary or excessively fast traffic. This gets me more than anything else mentioned so far. I like to sit outside under the awning with a cool drink and read, or just relax. In unpaved campgrounds that have CG personnel running around in golf carts, the dust they raise can be pretty impressive. There seems to be no thought of the dust cloud they leave behind to settle on their camping customers.

Then, there was the CG near the dunes where kids were running around in their 4 wheelers kicking up dust. One little girl about 8-10 years old was a couple of spaces away roaring around in a tight circle with her 4 wheeler kicking up a horrific dust cloud. I went over and asked her dad to put a stop to her unnecessary dust. No apology, but luckily no smart mouth from him either. As with dogs, misbehaving kids are due to owners/parents that seem to have been raised inconsiderate as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #117

There is a way to handle the poo issue.

Town mails discarded dog poop back to errant pet owners.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...tl=us&.lang=en

So far, 147 boxes of dog excrement have been mailed to the pet owners.....unwarranted “dog drops” have declined by some 70 percent since the campaign began.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well, ours was 350 hp and 1050 ft lbs torque but after I added the Banks kit it's now 435 and 1200 ft lbs.
Oh, sure, a 400 HP motor on the compressor, I wanted to see a 400 HP compressor.
I have worked on 100 HP Ingersoll Rands. One took out a 1600 ampere breaker when it hiccupped.
But yours is in a powered wheeled cart, so that is different.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #119

unleashed dogs, owners of dogs that don't pick up after them and people who cut through your site. we had a family not only cut through our sit once, but took a route right under our awning. 1 more, campgrounds that don't enforce their rules when given the opportunity
Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How about the diesel owner who thinks he needs to warm up for twenty minutes and cool down for the same and his exhaust pipe is right opposite your open window.

I too am a diesel owner but I pay for my own fuel not like some of the truckers, but thats another time and place.

Don G.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
As with dogs, misbehaving kids are due to owners/parents that seem to have been raised inconsiderate as well.
It appears to me that when people take their children camping they let them run loose and do as they please. They seem to think that's what campgrounds are for. They either don't stop to consider the rest of us, or they plain don't care. The parents are too busy (from what I've seen) getting spaced out on alcoholic beverages and playing cornhole or dazed out watching outdoor TVs. We've learned to camp where there are few families because there isn't much for kids to do such as the COEs and a SP in our area. There may still be some kids around but not like some places we've been to.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimesy View Post
How about the diesel owner who thinks he needs to warm up for twenty minutes and cool down for the same and his exhaust pipe is right opposite your open window.

I too am a diesel owner but I pay for my own fuel not like some of the truckers, but thats another time and place.

Don G.
My neighbor does that right outside our bedroom window. Aside from the annoying noise, fumes and "green" issue, how the [moderator edit] does he afford the fuel.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #123

Tent campers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tent.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	40312  
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
Old 06-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #124

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is that "Balloon Boy" in that tent..??
Old 06-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #125

Monaco Owners Club
Great Pic!!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #126

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by unca waldo View Post
Seems the thread ended up focusing on issues with irresponsible pet and child owners... and many of the complaints are situations I've encountered. Not much I can add, that hasn't already been said or commented on.

However, there is one thing that bugs the heck outta me, though thankfully, it's not a regular occurrence... it's the use of generators.

Now, I know they can be a "necessary evil" when set up at a location without hook-ups... we have to recharge or maintain the batteries, or perhaps run a microwave for a few minutes... but some folks abuse the tolerance of their neighbors.

The worst example I personally had to deal with was a couple who ran the gen set to power the air conditioning... all day long. To add to the pleasantry, the exhaust pipe was pointed directly at the door side of my rig! Nothing like Carbon Monoxide poisoning to put a damper on your day. Even worse, they drove away in their "tow'd" at about 9:30 AM, returning at 5:00 PM! Guess they didn't want to have a warm RV to return to.

I suppose, I could've shut down their generator from the outside, but... and speaking with management didn't help that day, though the issue was resolved on subsequent days. And, in all fairness, the couple did contact us and apologized for being, as they put it, so inconsiderate.

My brother in law, who was set up across the road from us, suggested that a carrot up their tailpipe would resolve the problem. I declined his offer of assistance, though if the issue had remained unresolved, I must admit, I may have given it some serious consideration... (lol)
I had to run my genny during the day at a CG in Bandera, TX in the heat of summer. Voltage to the CG was too low, or a few hours that afternoon as more and more folks arrived drawing power, my EMS cut my power off for low voltage again and again. Then an entire row of the CG went off line, nobody had power the rest of the day or into the night.

Surely someone wouldn't run their generator to irritate or poison their neighbor? Not to mention the cost?

Closed Thread

Tags
campground