Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #71

Who Let The Dogs Out. Whoof, Whoof,

Dog Poo, that's my #1peeve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post

Nah, I can avoid the dog poo. It's the idiots that leave their pride joy behind so all the neighbors can listen to them yap all day. Then they pen the fur balls outside so that they can yap for the neighbors until dark. Of course, they can't hear their little wonders barking. That's my #1 peeve.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #73

Kitty Kondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
OK, here's three. Last one is of it folded down. The next to last one is of the three Japanese Bobtails when we travel. The one on the right next to the windshield is Shachimi (Chimi for short), this was her first trip in the MH, as you can see they were all traumatized! Her first birthday is June 5th.

Thanks, I'll have to find one of those.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #74

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
During our first two or so years of RVing I would ask the host or manager at each place we stopped; "what is the biggest problem you deal with"? All but one said people and their pets.

The only other reply was at a beach campground which has it's own security personnel, they said booze, people drinking too much and acting accordingly.

I guess worse case would be to run into someone's drunk pet.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #75

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Seems dogs and cats win. They cause the most problems, or should I say their owners cause the most problems. I've seen cats on leashes and think that should be mandatory. When you step in crap, it doesn't matter what animal dropped it -- it stinks, it's a pain to clean your shoes (hopefully shoes and not bare feet).
Some people need serious training. Maybe if you agree - we should join and carry choke collars to pass out to poor pet owners in gift boxes with a note saying, put it on -- your neck, not your pet.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Pooh Bearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post

I stayed at a Galveston campground that left lots to be desired, but one which featured bag stations with warnings posted everywhere that they'd fine errant poopers $50. They even published that all dog walkers had to have a visible dog bag -- I immediately knotted one around the leash, so I wouldn't forget -- at all times.

Well, you can guess the rest: our tiny space was littered with dried poop from earlier guests.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
A different side of the noise problem. The CG we stay at most of the winter has a Tiki bar. Anyone staying there for the first time is warned about it. The music doesn't get terribly loud but it is on until 10, later on special occasions. It is about 5 sites from us and we can hear it some nights. On the ones we are not at the Tiki bar and can hear it we just put the A/C on and forget about it.

One couple came in that was told about it and promptly complained to the office the next day and threatened to contact the company that owned the park. The next night the Tiki bar was shut down early. This almost started a revolt by the regulars that want sites near the Tiki bar.

Moral to my story is that you have to go with the flow.

We also do not like the same stuff mentioned. Cutting through our site rates right up there but I try to not let it bother me unless the same characters make a habit out of it. It is surprising that CGs don't post rules about going into others sites.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #78

We have a eleven-year old yellow cat named Rocket who walks on a leash, insists on going for a walk every nite, and is never outside (even tied up) without one of us out with him.
Don't blame the animal. Blame the animal's human for not training the animal or just plain doing the right thing.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #79

Carolina Campers
I get most upset at how some people don't have the mental facilities to know how to use the dump station properly. I have seen people pull up to a dump station and pull out the old stinky slinky that no longer has a connector to go down into the drain. They don't even try to push the hose into the drain, they just let go and flow out onto the concrete with the hope it all flows into the drain. It is disgusting, but I've seen it happen several times.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #80

I have seen people walking dogs on a leash allowing the dog to pee on picnic tables in unoccupied sites. They also let the dog pee on other peoples RVs. And unless your handicapped, going through a campsite is a no no.

Most pet owners will find this bad behavior offensive also because they are good, thoughtful owners.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #81
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
A different side of the noise problem. The CG we stay at most of the winter has a Tiki bar. Anyone staying there for the first time is warned about it. The music doesn't get terribly loud but it is on until 10, later on special occasions. It is about 5 sites from us and we can hear it some nights. On the ones we are not at the Tiki bar and can hear it we just put the A/C on and forget about it.

One couple came in that was told about it and promptly complained to the office the next day and threatened to contact the company that owned the park. The next night the Tiki bar was shut down early. This almost started a revolt by the regulars that want sites near the Tiki bar.

Moral to my story is that you have to go with the flow.

We also do not like the same stuff mentioned. Cutting through our site rates right up there but I try to not let it bother me unless the same characters make a habit out of it. It is surprising that CGs don't post rules about going into others sites.
Most cg's that we have stayed at did have this listed in their do/don't rules list. The problem though is people that look but don't see, listen but don't hear, and speak but say nothing. Lastly, the much used statement of, "you can't fix stupid" is also in affect.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #82

Gulf Streamers Club
As a long time educator, I am sensitive to rules. The golden rule covers most situations. In classrooms I'd look to see how many rules were posted, the more posted, the less the teacher worked on teaching good behavior seemed to me. I had a principal that insisted that rules always be stated as a positive. That was a little difficult and overboard in my opinion, but it did sensitize us to how we presented school and class behavior.

That being said, I find many campgrounds to be rule happy. In one campground a walk around the facility yielded 37 "No" signs. Of course folks were no better behaved than any other campground, the rules are never for 'them.' I can see getting a list at sign in, maybe even signing off on agreeing to the list of rules, but posting them on every vertical surface seems counter productive and ugly. JMHO

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #83

People dont change their habits very easily.
If you get one person to not walk thru your site, it will not likely change their habit of it, nor of others of a like mind. They may avoid your site for now, but will likely cross thru another. It is usually a temporary, futile effort on your part.
The same goes for poo and loud noise and other such habits.

Habitual behavior does not get changed by lecture or conflict, but thru enforcement. It falls to the campground management to review the written rules with the camper when they arrive, and to enforce them if they are violated. But if management does not care......

We have had very few problems over oh so many years. And cordial conversation worked to resolve most issues, for that visit.

I usually choose to complain about things I can do something about. Behavior and fuel prices are not among them.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 06-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #84

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
#1 Pet Peeve: Shortcutting through campsite, without asking/apologizing

#2 Pet Peeve: Loud Music / General Rowdiness / Foul Launguage
We do not go camping on holiday weekends, for specifically this reason.... It's amateur hour and theres sure to be a domestic disturbance before its all said & done...

#3 Pet Peeve: Uncontrollable pets.... I have two dogs, both of them are rescue dogs, and our oldest (Border Collie/Lab mix) is excellent in a campground. I put the tieout out for her, but rarely connect her to it. She will hardly lift her head up even if someone walks up to our site. She sniffs a hand (doesn't lick), expects a pat or two on the head and then back to her spot by the campchair. Our other dog is a Chihuahua and will bark/take off after other animals nearby. We have only had him for a little over a year, but this will be his first season of camping. He *WILL* be on a leash. So I am one of those that will let my dog have some freedom on our campsite, but I will not let her wander the entire campground without being on a leash. My site she's fine... If I come to yours, she's on a leash unless you tell me its ok to let her off.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground