Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #99
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
What can happen is the bad dog owners will cause many CGs to perhaps ban dogs altogether, or charge so much per dog, the dog owners wont pay it. They'll ruin it for the responsible dog owners. At this time I've read so much about irresponsible dog owners I think there should be separate areas in CGs for people with dogs. All the dogs must be walked and must stay in that section only. This way the rest of us don't have to step in poop or have our children or grandchildren step in it or worse, get it on their hands.

The worst I remember was having to clean up a site we reserved at Poole Knobs in TN. This was several years ago. The people before us apparently had one or more large unwalked dogs on the site. There was dog poop all over the place. They also tossed a lot of trash in the firepit. Had there been other lakeside sites available, we would have insisted they allow us to move.
I'd be surprised if a lot of CGs begin banning dogs or trying to price them out of the market because it's my perception that a majority of RVers bring dogs with them and this would cut the CGs potential market in half. I could be off on that but it sure has seemed to me that dogs and RVs seem to go together.

Man, if I checked in to a lakeside site and found it in the condition you described I'd sure be complaining to management that they hadn't done their job. I'm guessing it was a state or COE CG which probably doesn't have the same kind of services as a privately owned CG but don't they check the sites between reservations?

Rick

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #100

Carolina Campers
Hey, if you read a few of RanCarr's posts you will see she does not like dogs, loves cats, but man, let me tell you, I've seen, smelled and heard cats that are as bad or worse than many dogs, poop and all.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #101

Seems the thread ended up focusing on issues with irresponsible pet and child owners... and many of the complaints are situations I've encountered. Not much I can add, that hasn't already been said or commented on.

However, there is one thing that bugs the heck outta me, though thankfully, it's not a regular occurrence... it's the use of generators.

Now, I know they can be a "necessary evil" when set up at a location without hook-ups... we have to recharge or maintain the batteries, or perhaps run a microwave for a few minutes... but some folks abuse the tolerance of their neighbors.

The worst example I personally had to deal with was a couple who ran the gen set to power the air conditioning... all day long. To add to the pleasantry, the exhaust pipe was pointed directly at the door side of my rig! Nothing like Carbon Monoxide poisoning to put a damper on your day. Even worse, they drove away in their "tow'd" at about 9:30 AM, returning at 5:00 PM! Guess they didn't want to have a warm RV to return to.

I suppose, I could've shut down their generator from the outside, but... and speaking with management didn't help that day, though the issue was resolved on subsequent days. And, in all fairness, the couple did contact us and apologized for being, as they put it, so inconsiderate.

My brother in law, who was set up across the road from us, suggested that a carrot up their tailpipe would resolve the problem. I declined his offer of assistance, though if the issue had remained unresolved, I must admit, I may have given it some serious consideration... (lol)
Old 06-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We also do not like the same stuff mentioned. Cutting through our site rates right up there but I try to not let it bother me unless the same characters make a habit out of it. It is surprising that CGs don't post rules about going into others sites.
I'm always found this helps to deter those people...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ResidentEvil4_SS11.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	40127  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I'd be surprised if a lot of CGs begin banning dogs or trying to price them out of the market because it's my perception that a majority of RVers bring dogs with them and this would cut the CGs potential market in half. I could be off on that but it sure has seemed to me that dogs and RVs seem to go together.
I agree they go together. One of the blessings of having an RV is being able to take our cats and dogs and birds, whatever... with us. But how much aggravation are the CG owners going to put up with? If they ban dogs and make it known on their website, they may attract all those people who don't like dogs, who fear dogs, are disgusted with irresponsible dog owners etc. Their site wont be empty.

Quote:
Man, if I checked in to a lakeside site and found it in the condition you described I'd sure be complaining to management that they hadn't done their job. I'm guessing it was a state or COE CG which probably doesn't have the same kind of services as a privately owned CG but don't they check the sites between reservations?
Rick
Yes, it was our favorite COE CG. A private CG may have been a little better about checking the sites when someone leaves. I've seen torn bags of garbage people leave at the sites sit there until late afternoon or the next morning. And they have to pass the dumpster on the way out... go figure.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Hey, if you read a few of RanCarr's posts you will see she does not like dogs, loves cats, but man, let me tell you, I've seen, smelled and heard cats that are as bad or worse than many dogs, poop and all.
This in not true - it's the INCONSIDERATE dog owners I dislike. After all the dogs don't know any better, but the owners do. So why shouldn't I dislike these people? Before we had these cats we had 3 dogs for many many years. If you actually read my posts you would know this. In the 1960s and 70s I bred show poodles and at times had as many as 6 in my home at one time.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by unca waldo View Post

The worst example I personally had to deal with was a couple who ran the gen set to power the air conditioning... all day long. To add to the pleasantry, the exhaust pipe was pointed directly at the door side of my rig! Nothing like Carbon Monoxide poisoning to put a damper on your day. Even worse, they drove away in their "tow'd" at about 9:30 AM, returning at 5:00 PM! Guess they didn't want to have a warm RV to return to.

I suppose, I could've shut down their generator from the outside, but... and speaking with management didn't help that day, though the issue was resolved on subsequent days. And, in all fairness, the couple did contact us and apologized for being, as they put it, so inconsiderate.
Well at least they were considerate enough to face up to you and apologize...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #106

Seems to me it's not really pets that are the problem...it's inconsiderate people....well people in general as there always seems to be someone doing something that offends someone. The solution is really pretty simple for the poor beleaguered CG owner.

Before long these CG owners are going to wake-up and just starting banning people. Just think how much easier it would be to manage a CG if you didn't allow campers.....no more unruly out-of-control dogs or cats....loud parties and obnoxious drunks, inconsiderate generators, 400hp air compressors airing-up inflatable dolls....well the list goes on as we've seen from this thread.

No question this ban would be rather inconsiderate for those who have spent big$$$ on a nice MH, but you'd still get the thrill of piloting 45-55,000lbs of polished chrome & full body paint down the nations highways and into the Flying J to drop hundreds of $$$$ on fuel. Once you get to the CG you'd still have the fun of yelling at your wife as you parked in even smaller slots ..... there would be little need for much space or landscaping features since you'd be staying down the street at the Holiday Inn.

There...... problem(s) solved....your welcome......next?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #107

I would like to see that 400hp air compressor......
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Jack 1234, appreciate your attempt at humor....but huh?

In any event, I just haven't seen so much of this bad behavior thus far (OK, you can say I will, but...just saying).

I will tell you, when I see a pet owner not picking up, I take them to task...sarcasm, embarrassment, or downright belligerence. Then I go to the CG host or manager and report them. We have a dog...we pick up. We take the dog at #2 time away from the camping area...and we pick up. If she can't wait...we really pick up well.

And campgrounds seem to be increasing "poop" patrols as well. Hard to separate pets from camping. JMHO
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #109

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theluckys View Post
I'm always found this helps to deter those people...
Cool! Where do I get a few?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ar Ar Ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
I would like to see that 400hp air compressor......
And I would like to see the inflatible doll that requires such a compressor.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #111

Entegra Owners Club
In all the camp grounds we have visited, I would have to say inconsiderate pet owners cause the vast majority of the problems. I fully understand why some even charge more if you have pets along, or put them all together in the same area.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #112

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
And I would like to see the inflatible doll that requires such a compressor.
down boy - DOWN !!!!

Tags
campground