Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharder View Post
I'm sure many Wal-Marts have their stories. For example, a couple of years ago, on the way to Florida, we wally-docked in Walterboro, SC for Saturday night. I guess Saturday night is the night that the kiddies like to take their little 4-wheelers out for a spin and annoy people at 2am. Sitting there in the parking lot revving them up to the limiter for a few seconds at a time over and over again.
Huh. Guess we get what we pay for.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thought came to me after my first post....

Speak, politely, with the manager, Tell him you understand it is not his fault and you have no complaint against the store, Thank him for letting you park there overnight,, But ,, Would your store's security cameras have a recording of the kids egging your RV? One that could be provided to the police.. Thank you sir, been a pleasure, Keep up the low prices.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
We stopped by the Walmart in valdosta, GA for supplies and some shut eye, when we got up in the morning we found that about 8 campers/coaches had been egged. So for anybody thinking of stopping by there I'd think twice. We got it off without any damage and informed others who may not have noticed.
Eight RV's???

How is it possible that all those folks slept through this????

Eggs hitting the sides of vehicles must make quite a bit of noise!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Eight RV's???

How is it possible that all those folks slept through this????

Eggs hitting the sides of vehicles must make quite a bit of noise!
Excellent point! We are heading down to Daytona, we might stop in there and have a good ol' fashion egg, dough biscuit fight, if the kids are still out on school nights. Rather deal with this minor inconvenience than the kids throwing rocks off overpasses.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #19

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They should be beat with a ball bat--Vince===not severely, but let em know there are reprecussions for this--
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Eggs this week , maybe Bacon next week, HMMM! Sorry, I'm glad there was no damage. I had a car egged once and it left a mark.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry you had this problem! Kinda ruins your day. To bad they couldn't be cought.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #22

Another wal docker and I decided it wasn't worth bothering management for something they have no control over, especially since the cameras don't seem to point out that far.
As far as hearing it, I can't find tell you when, except that one vehicle that was egged came in a lot later than we did and they were egged also. It's like they started at the south end of the parking lot and followed north hitting every camper along the way. One vehicle was a new coach being delivered, luckily that one only got the windshield. As unfortunate as we were we feel lucky as there was a second egg on the ground beside our coach that didn't hit its intended target.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, this thread has been a real education for me- when I was a Juvenile Delinquent, toilet paper was my choice for nighttime forays. This due to its much lower impact-associated noise production.

I see I needn't have worried and now almost regret having eschewed the egging practiced by the more adventurous of my peers...

Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #24

It was tomato's in the summer and snowballs in the winter for us hooligans
Mrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjim View Post
It was tomato's in the summer and snowballs in the winter for us hooligans
But:

Were the tomatoes rotten, and did you put rocks in the snowballs?

There's a hierarchy among hooligans too, you know...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #26

Went egging once in my youth. I was driving and tossing. That is, until I hit the inside of the door frame! Took me an hour to clean the egg mess out of the parents car
Redsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
O.K., 'fessin' up time:

Who besides my brother ever went out knocking down mailboxes or bat-bashing them out in the country?

(He was cured when he lost the whole underside of his VW bug running over a box that the farmer had equipped with a steel fence post that stuck up a foot or so...)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #28

We put about 6" of a bicycle inner tube over the end of an exhaust pie. It made a 4,000# whoopee cushion. The noise was priceless! But for some reason they almost always opened the hood and looked around under it.
born2travel is offline   Reply With Quote