Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
my favorite has always been the long tie wrap on the drive shaft, or around one of the spokes on the wheel.... whap, whap, whap

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2travel View Post
We put about 6" of a bicycle inner tube over the end of an exhaust pie. It made a 4,000# whoopee cushion. The noise was priceless! But for some reason they almost always opened the hood and looked around under it.
Now, that's funny there! I don't care who you are

2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Driving your car thru a nice yard and spinning the wheels was the thing when I was young. When my Dad had his fill of repairing our yard he took catching them in his own hands. Being a paving contractor he had some old RR track at his shop. Had two of his mechanics cut off two sections 15' long and weld sharpened RR spikes to the top of it. They then buried them in our front yard, spikes up and low enough in the grass they could not be seen. Didn't take long till one night we heard the popping of tires and two young men sitting on flats in the front yard. Instead of prosecution they were allowed to work it off.
Today he would be sued for mental distress to the culprits.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #32

iRV2 No Limits Club
How the world had changed. When young, we pulled a lot of pranks but none were harmful. Used to steal apples from a grumpy old farmer until he shot at us with a shotgun filled with rock salt. Didn't hit anyone but sure put a stop to apple stealing!

When caught "screwing around" by one of the two town cops on duty, many times the cop said: Go home." If you did, that was the end of it. If you didn't there was trouble, after all he knew you , your parents, what kind of car you drove, and where you lived.

Ahh The good old days.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #33

I did ONE bad thing when I was a kid involving a pumpkin being tossed out of a car window at 70mph and the back end of a Truck Camper...I mean...who knew that a ripe pumpkin would blow a 2' round hole through a camper wall...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #34

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I, for one, was a perfect little gentleman when in my youth. I'm just sayin'........
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #35

Goody two-shoes here...very surprised that posters are being so honest as to admit to their youthful deeds of damage. It shows that while the world has changed, the ignorance of youth, maybe not so much.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Worst we did was..a friends dad had a egg farm so every halloween we would get a load of chickens (live) and go up to a door, open it and throw in a chicken and close the door fast-best home are the ones with a dog inside.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
When I was in my teens I did many of these rotten deeds. I did pay the price upon occasion. Back then if you got caught pranking, someones big Dad would grab onto you and shake the $#!* out of you. You wouldn't wan't to try it now.
Fast forward to a few years ago when some kids from down the road would ride their bikes up our driveway and across our front door mat and kick the front door and knock over the wifes plant pots. She got after them a couple tomes and got told to, well you know. On there exit out there was 2 steps that dropped down to the lawn. so I buried a board just off the steps with shoe tacks poking up just enough to puncture bike tires. I didn't want anyone getting hurt if they fell. It was funny seeing these little creeps pushing there bikes down the road with flat tires. Things do go full circle. To keep on topic I have never had a problem while staying at Walmart overnight.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Goody two-shoes here...very surprised that posters are being so honest as to admit to their youthful deeds of damage. It shows that while the world has changed, the ignorance of youth, maybe not so much.
Or maybe it shows that people haven't changed at all. We just hear about it more often now.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have stayed at the Valdosta Wal-Mart a couple of times with no issues. Eggs hitting the coach would not have woken me up though. When the hearing aids come out I miss most things. And DW wouldn't have been able to hear it over my snoring.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #40

Two groups of kids that did pranking (who are now adults) -

1. Those that pranked and admit it.
B. Those that never got caught...
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
We stopped by the Walmart in valdosta, GA for supplies and some shut eye, when we got up in the morning we found that about 8 campers/coaches had been egged. So for anybody thinking of stopping by there I'd think twice. We got it off without any damage and informed others who may not have noticed.
what exit # thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsong3 View Post
Driving your car thru a nice yard and spinning the wheels was the thing when I was young. When my Dad had his fill of repairing our yard he took catching them in his own hands. Being a paving contractor he had some old RR track at his shop. Had two of his mechanics cut off two sections 15' long and weld sharpened RR spikes to the top of it. They then buried them in our front yard, spikes up and low enough in the grass they could not be seen. Didn't take long till one night we heard the popping of tires and two young men sitting on flats in the front yard. Instead of prosecution they were allowed to work it off.
Today he would be sued for mental distress to the culprits.
Love to hear stories of natural consequences, and restorative justice!!
No bodily harm required... Lessons learned.