Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #1

Baja tour company suggestions

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.

We are thinking of going to the Baja in Mexico next winter using an RV tour company. There are a bunch of companies.

Has anyone had any experience with any Baja tour operators. The good experiences and/or the bad ones. Any recommendations.
buckyhtml is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2

We haven't toured Baja in an RV or with an RV tour company, but since no one has responded to you yet I'll jump in with some thoughts.

We toured the Sea of Cortez on a sailboat for two seasons and spent a lot of time in the Bahia Concepcion area (Coyote Bay, El Burro Cove and Isla Requeson). The RV park in Coyote Bay looked wonderful but was empty when we were there (May and October -- too hot). The boondocking at Isla Requeson looked awesome as it is right on the beach.

(We have also explored mainland Mexico RV parks both south of Puerto Vallarta and near Mazatlan, and they were lightly inhabited, very cheap and on the beach...!!)

If you are thinking about a tour company because of safety, I'll just say that we've been in Mexico on our boat for 2+ years and have felt very safe everywhere along the entire coast, especially in Baja. We leave our dinghy with outboard attached on the beach without worrying about it being stolen. So I would imagine that venturing there in an RV would be similar -- all the RVers we have met in Mexico are loving there time there and have had the same experience of feeling very safe and unthreatened.

The only negative I have ever heard about RVing in Mexico -- and I've experienced it myself in public buses and vans -- is the preponderance of very tall speed bumps on the highways.

There are two websites I've watched for a while that talk about RVing in Mexico (you may know these already) -- On the Road in MexicoA Comprehensive Travel Guide to Safe Driving, Camping and RVing in Mexico and Rolling Homes Press.

One or both of these resources might help you locate a tour company or give you the confidence to venture there on your own.

Good luck and buen viaje!
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #3

We have lived in Cabo San Lucas for the past 12 yes and travelled up & down Mex1 several times a year. Unless you are looking for the social side of caravanning, you do not need an organized "tour" for anything. However, if money is not a concern & you are looking for the companionship of others & the comfort of having someone who knows the "ropes"..... Not a bad way to go!

Regardless.....GO..... You will love the beaches, the locals are great.....the food is fun....the beer is cold & the tequila is well.....!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

I haven't personally used this one but people I have spoken to gave it good reviews. Baja Amigos RV Caravan Tours
srydve is offline   Reply With Quote