Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Baltimore RV Show

Just got back from the Baltimore RV Show. Unless your interested in a travel trailer or possibly a 5th wheel it's a total waste of time. There were a couple of dealers there with some class C units but nothing extraordinary and only one small super C. The class A's were few and very basic, and some needed to have the PDI and cleanup done again, and this was the first day of the show. I did see that a couple of the dealers were up to their old tricks again inflating the MSRP values so it would appear they are giving large discounts. When I asked one salesman how come his coach was advertised so much more than the MSRP I've seen for an identical unit at an out of town dealer, he just shrugged and said the manufacturer had just raised it's prices.... ya right!! They still believe in this information age that customers are that stupid....
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Interesting. I plan on going to the show Fredericksburg next month, we can compare notes.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We just got back (like, 5 minutes ago!) from the Salt Lake RV show... The boat show last week should've been so busy.

Wall to wall RV's this year, never seen so many at the show. It was SO packed you couldn't even get a good look at the outsides of anything unless it was in the outer row. Wall to wall people too, it was just as hard to check out the insides.

And the people who let their kids sit in the driver's seat of a "sold" $280,000 DP playing with all the switches & knobs & lights & GPS & camera & everthing they could find to play with-- need to be smacked upside the head.

One thing that was nice about the show, was that despite the fact our motorhome is 11 years old now, there wasn't a single one there we liked better. And compared to the price of buying a new one, we stole ours...

I also like going to see new, 'innovative' stuff. Didn't see much... I did like the 2 bathrooms in some of the larger motorhomes. And one mfr, didn't even think to catch the name, has 'catheral' slideouts - instead of the roofline being flat, they're pitched... inside, above the slides you have a 'catheral' ceiling, and outside, water & snow fall off! Maybe these aren't new, but it's the first time I've seen them, I thought it was a great idea!

As for prices, some of the motorhomes seemed pretty reasonable, some pretty out there. The big Winnebago's, WAY high priced...Like, $189k for a 34' gasser?

I was also hoping to find some things I need-- like, a tongue jack for our one boat. Someone was selling an expensive electric jack, no "plain" jacks... I also need a new thermostat for the Allegro, no one was selling any such stuff.

We had a good time. And if the sheer volume of units and people stuffed into that building is any indication, maybe RV-ing and RV sales are making a comeback!
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #4

we just got from the balto show and we thought it was just like every other year. it was crowded and there was plenty of motorhomes there, big and small.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Just got back from the Baltimore RV Show. Unless your interested in a travel trailer or possibly a 5th wheel it's a total waste of time. There were a couple of dealers there with some class C units but nothing extraordinary and only one small super C. The class A's were few and very basic, and some needed to have the PDI and cleanup done again, and this was the first day of the show. I did see that a couple of the dealers were up to their old tricks again inflating the MSRP values so it would appear they are giving large discounts. When I asked one salesman how come his coach was advertised so much more than the MSRP I've seen for an identical unit at an out of town dealer, he just shrugged and said the manufacturer had just raised it's prices.... ya right!! They still believe in this information age that customers are that stupid....
I always ask to see the manufacturers MSRP sheet (window sticker) and not their computer generated price list. They usually have a "water mark" so that you know that it's the real deal.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote