Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
^ ^ ^ ^

Agreed. We took the 3 grands to Disney last month for their annual "outing" with DW and I. If I think real hard, there may have been one time during the entire week that both bathrooms were occupied. However, DW really likes the bath & 1/2 models. I may have the opportunity to do my "final" upgrade in a couple months, so I started looking at the DP bunkhouses. When I mentioned this to the DW, she said she preferred bath & 1/2 (she was the one who wanted the bunkhouse Vista 35B when I started looking at the Vista 35F). Well I guess that settles that... happy wife, happy life!

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Most 1 1/2s have the shower in the MBr so guests still have to go through your bedroom every day. I see NO value in the extra toilet. The sink ... A little.

Jim

Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers
Most 1 1/2s have the shower in the MBr so guests still have to go through your bedroom every day. I see NO value in the extra toilet. The sink ... A little.

Jim
Let my BIL and his old man bladder sleep a night or two with you. Once our door is closed - we don't hear a pee(p) outta him. Lol.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Let my BIL and his old man bladder sleep a night or two with you. Once our door is closed - we don't hear a pee(p) outta him. Lol.
Ah, another reasons NOT to have guests stay the night!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Ah, another reasons NOT to have guests stay the night!
Yeah - but I have know him since the late 70's. When he and my sister split - I got him in the settlement. Great guy - an ME - I can't think of a project on the old S&B - my old Jag - or the Motorhome that he wasn't a part of. Also likes Makers Mark - so he has a place with us anytime. all visitors are not created equally. I have had some that I think I would forget to mention the sofa bed is an air mattress - or tell them the pump is broken.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Yeah - but I have know him since the late 70's. When he and my sister split - I got him in the settlement.
Now this has to make for interesting Thanksgivings!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Now this has to make for interesting Thanksgivings!
TMI I'm sure... And - It would but my pious factor was far too low to meet my sisters expectations long ago. Tsk, Tsk. And
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #36

My '13 Coachmen Mirada 35DL is a bath and a half model. It is great when you have visitors. And also means you don't have to roll over the bed to get to the bathroom when the bedroom slide is in. It is also nice when traveling as it is easily accessible with all the slides in. And since guests don't see the shower, they are more likely to go to the shower house!! :-)
Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #37

It might be worth noting that prior to full wall slides & the popularity of tag axles & 42-45' MH's .... the bathroom was usually located mid-ship between the slides, so that it could be accessed with the slides in and privately at night by both the rear bedroom and by front room guests. This arrangement also eliminated the need for complex plumbing & tank storage issues.

Everytime you add a couple of extra feet and more equipment you are adding weight & complexity...this requires a bigger engine, stronger chassis, tag axles, and $$$$ to purchase & operate. Funny thing....you often find that the well designed 38-40 single axle rigs have more living space & storage than the new 42-45' units.

As for 36-38' bath & half's, you have to be giving-up precious living space for the benefit of 2 commodes. The trade-off seems to be the ability to "service" more customers but where do they sit?

Just an observation and no intent to malign multi- flushing arrangements.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234
..... As for 36-38' bath & half's, you have to be giving-up precious living space for the benefit of 2 commodes. The trade-off seems to be the ability to "service" more customers but where do they sit?

Just an observation and no intent to malign multi- flushing arrangements.
In our 38' 1 1/2 people sit on the sofa, the love seat, in the tow dining chairs, if need pull the two folding dining chairs from the closet, and turn the captains chairs around. With the opposing slides we still have room to dance. We have given up about a foot on each side of the queen bed (and or a king bed) but stayed under 40 feet and w/o tag. We looked at lots of options and you are correct. We could add a tag and some length and gained capacity but in many would have lost space and the place to put it. The 1/2 bath wasn't a requirement but as you say, the $$$ kept going up and we were Bounder fans to begin with. The space around the bed would be nice, but once I close my eyes I don't miss it and am very pleased with the rest of the features. Especially the 1/2 bath.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi poppopc. We are loving our 40U. You are correct about the storage. We looked at the 1 - 1/2 but was not practical for our needs. Our first volunteer project is in WV next month. We will see how it works out. At this moment we are sooooo happy.

I have had to do a few adjustments here and there. The screen door rubbed the main door prop rod and a basement door needed adjustment. My son ran the front wheel stops in so that the turning radius is a bit better. We could not see why they were adjusted out so far. I'll find out if we did the right thing tomorrow when we head out for WV from MA.

Over time I will replace some of the cove molding that really looks bad and touch up a few other finish problems. Winnebago does not seem to be controlling the quality of their wood products as well as they once did.

We had to get DEF on the way here. That was different. I don't want to chance that running out. when it is reading half I start looking for a DEF stop. Not all fuel stops have it.

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote