Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great question - we had the worst time with cotton drying (and we traveled during the winter so hanging outside was usually out of the question) We are looking into the bamboo/cotton towels that supposedly has great wicking & drying properties. Has anyone tried those out in an RV?
geekyexplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwon415 View Post
Linden street makes quick drying towels perfect for RV use. JCPenneys sells them that I know of.

TimH
Thanks for the suggestion. I've subsequently looked online for JCP and other stores and found many retailers that offer quick-dry towels. It appears that quick-dry means the towels are a lighter weight cotton and dry faster in the dryer as well as on the line. If so, we've already been doing that and we still want something that drys faster on the line.

If I didn't say it already... one of our problems is when we're "on the road." We take a shower in the morning, hang the towel to dry while we drive and by that evening it's probably not dry yet. Maybe I need to come up with a means of getting some air flow through the trailer while we're going down the road.

Of eqaual importance is the space required to store the towels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyexplore View Post
Great question - we had the worst time with cotton drying (and we traveled during the winter so hanging outside was usually out of the question) We are looking into the bamboo/cotton towels that supposedly has great wicking & drying properties. Has anyone tried those out in an RV?
Interesting about bamboo. I see some web sites that offer bamboo and bamboo/cotton - I'll do some more checking
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #17

Bamboo? Never thought of something that could be used for a fishing rod, being use for a towel. Interesting. What next, carbon fiber towels?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If price is no object, woven linen towels makes wonderful towels, both for the bath and for dishes.

Very compact and quick to dry

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #19

I don't have a drying problem and use Sam's highly absorbent bath towels. They're big, too.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #20

I highly recommend J.C.Penney's Quik Dry towels. I truthfully don't know what fiber they are but they absorb, are very soft and dry quickly. I'd say almost all of our RV friends purchase them. $5 per bath towel. Can't beat them!!!!
sunshineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bamboo = rayon or viscous in Europe. Just saw Eucalyptus fabric at BB&B yet another feed stock source for rayon. Nice soft fabric for sheets. Not sure I would want a bath towel made of it
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Believe it or not buy some flannel (like pajamas and plaid shirts are made of) at the fabric store, cut to sizes you want, hem and you have amazing absorbent towels that are light weight, soft, and don't take up much room. They will also dry quickly.

Pawnotes aka Dave n Carla
Jack n Kelly the ESS
00 Monaco Diplomat 38a
pawnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #23

You could just do the drip dry method if your by yourself or if you are double dating, break out the leaf blower.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #24

This is not exacly off topic, but not quite on, either, but I have used a technique for years that solves the soggy towel problem.

What you do is to get your washcloth thourughly wet while you're in the shower. When you turn the water off, wring the washcloth to get the water out as much as possible. You can then dry yourself with the damp cloth. The wet cloth will pick up the water from your skin instantly, rather than having to wait unil the dry towel wicks the water up. When the washcloth gets wet again, just wring it out. You will be amazed at how much water it picks up, and you are wringing it out and down the drain.

Finish with the fluffy towel of your choice; you will be dry, but the towel will not be soggy.

Yeah, it's nuts, but it really works. I use this for my gym towel and back when I was on a boat. It really works.

Just a little hint from..........I dunno, somebody.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #25

I've been "squeegee-ing" myself off for... ever in my S&B and RV. Before I grab a towel, I swipe my hands over my head and down my arms, stomach and and legs in that order. I also hang my towel as wide and long as I can.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I do the 'squeegee' too and I do the wring out of the washcloth,
but never thought about using it to further dry !!!

Excellent idea - less water on the bath towel too !!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #27

TLGPE, You are DA MAN! I tried your "washcloth drying technique" after my shower tonight. I typically use a hand towel as a wash cloth. After rinsing it and wringing it out, I then used it to "dry off". I'm still amazed at the amount of water I wrung out of it each of the next three times ... and I'm not a huge guy! Our little washer/dryer in our bus thanks you too, it will have to work much less.

Tom, I dislike hanging towels and wet clothes on the lifelines of our sailboat so much, that we hang them under the bimini in the evening when we anchor for the night. They have to be under there, as you probably know, because they would be soaked from the dew in the morning. Your tip will come in handy on the boat also. Thanks again for your post! ---Walton
Jawja Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
When I had my Jayco TT I installed a wall mounted 120V towel drying rack on the wall in the bathroom. Now that I have my Discovery I purchased the same drying rack but this time I ordered a free standing one, and we have this one in the bedroom. Nothing like having a warm towel waiting for you when you get out of the shower on those cool spring and fall mornings . And it only takes about an hour to dry damp towels after we shower. I have a timer that i plugged the dryer in to so i am not hesitant to leave the dryer on if we plan on being gone for the day .
tmmk90 is offline   Reply With Quote